Author Topic: For those no longer getting readings - how did you know you were done?  (Read 24032 times)

Offline jhuskindle

Re: For those no longer getting readings - how did you know you were done?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 03:28:43 PM »
I haven't had a reading for awhile now and I knew I was done due to a combination of inaccurate predictions along with my feelings having changed. I also put myself in my exes shoes, I thought about ALLLLLLL that money I spend since early this year inquiring about him, he would NEVER in a million years pine after me the way I did, so I gradually stopped.

I've saved so much money now I don't have constant readings and I'm also comfort with clicking on a psychic website such as Bitwine and not feel the urge to purchase a reading.

It's difficult, I won't simplify the process but once you gain control over your own feelings and bank balance. It's like a weight is lifted from off your shoulder.

I used to joke that if people spending $1000 looking into situations like this and just offered it to their poi in exchange for a few more dates they would never have to call a psychic and get the closure they need cause most of the readings are about people who ended not in the ‘what if’ phase and getting to know these guys just a little more would have made them realize he was stupid or scummy or broke or insecure and they could have left organically. Guy would undoubtedly take the money.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »
For me this time.... the idea of “well you’re just not open. You’re blocked. You’re negative.”  - that really hit me. That it’s used by readers often as a way to cop out really of their reading and abilities. I just felt instinctively - you know what?!? No I’m not. I’m totally NOT actually lol. I’m like one of the most open people ever and am often told how open I am. I have never said oh no I don’t believe a reading because it doesn’t tell me the story I want it to tell me, which is also another shifting kind of tactic that so called readers use.

I think that’s sitting with me pretty hard right now. That - and it’s common not just a particular reader - people actually would go so far as to blame the customer for their shortcomings - worsening perhaps an already potentially depressed person’s state of mind.... just to keep up a facade that’s not real so they can make a buck off someone.

Yes - exactly! The way they blame the client, or act like they know better...that was a big part of it for me too. It took me a long time to get out from under that though. I eventually noticed it just didn't affect me anymore, other than irritate me. It stopped making me doubt myself.

I quit once before a few years ago but I think a big part of why it didn't fully "take" then was because I still blamed myself and thought I was either hard to read or did something to change the predictions.

And I realized even the nicest readers use these tactics sometimes...it's just human nature and it's the nature of giving readings, because they are basically selling you something intangible. Of course they will say things to justify themselves and try to keep you calling. It's horrible though, when they do it to someone who is already confused or hurting.

Over time it just got more and more absurd when readers would get things wrong and then try to act like they were right after all and I just didn't know it. When it is something you can't verify it just plays with your head, but when it is something you know for a fact then it really shows how arrogant they are to insist that they know better.

Still Tired - thank you so much - I completely very very much related  to your first post you shared in response. So much agree with what you said and your experience. I still am a little stuck on how some seem to have this actual true ability for empathy and remote viewing - things that I absolutely cannot explain other than they must have some natural or practiced ability I don’t understand. And so then it’s so tempting to think the prediction will happen. But I think I’m getting to the point where more and more that i thought had an ability don’t and are just good cold readers - but some do. Some must. Because there is just no way someone could know some of the things I was told without my saying one word. But .., even with that ... unless the predictions happen - which haven’t yet for me although still could... then... really what’s worse is getting mentally wrapped up in wanting and waiting for that prediction - or expecting it anyway. Because it then messed with your mind and decisions I think anyway. Or has for me. So I think I am better off without them for a million reasons.

Thank you so so much - definitely connected to much of what you wrote.

Offline star1

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 07:48:37 PM »
I'm not showing off to people who are still in pain getting readings, but I was like, 5th in Cookie's queue and I dropped myself out of it because I just don't wanna waste another dollar on him. Knowing you can buy some makeup or new clothes with that money  :D

Offline psychic girls

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 08:10:31 PM »
I was having readings and in the end, all of them sounded the same. "he loves you but he got scared/he's busy with work/he has commitment issues/his last girlfriend hurt him so bad/he loved you too much that he was scared you'd hurt him", and there were many cases where I had an amazing reading with a reader, went and told someone what the reader had said and it turned out that they were word for word the same (like Eamon on CP). So I lost my faith in readers, I knew deep down that the situation with my ex was done and I thought to myself "why are you getting readings if you don't believe what they are telling you? Why are you basically throwing money down the drain?" and I began to get "turned off" off readings, I also knew that if I put myself to it, I could move on from my ex and begin to start looking elsewhere. I don't have that "I love him and can't and won't see anyone else again" feeling anymore.
This is why I stop getting reading they tell everyone the same thing and nothing they said ever come to pass.

Offline star1

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 08:11:58 PM »
I was having readings and in the end, all of them sounded the same. "he loves you but he got scared/he's busy with work/he has commitment issues/his last girlfriend hurt him so bad/he loved you too much that he was scared you'd hurt him", and there were many cases where I had an amazing reading with a reader, went and told someone what the reader had said and it turned out that they were word for word the same (like Eamon on CP). So I lost my faith in readers, I knew deep down that the situation with my ex was done and I thought to myself "why are you getting readings if you don't believe what they are telling you? Why are you basically throwing money down the drain?" and I began to get "turned off" off readings, I also knew that if I put myself to it, I could move on from my ex and begin to start looking elsewhere. I don't have that "I love him and can't and won't see anyone else again" feeling anymore.
This is why I stop getting reading they tell everyone the same thing and nothing they said ever come to pass.

Yeah they do, unfortunately.

Offline star1

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 08:18:15 PM »
Well i need advice. Like many here ive spent alot of money on psychics because of the way i feel abt  my poi. Its been 7 months and they wouldnt spend their money on psychics fretting over me. Im always the one chasing and being desperate. But i love this person. I think abt them all day everyday whether at work or at play. Ive never loved anyone like this!! How do I let go? Ive tried for so long. How do I let go??????

I'm going to PM you if ok.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 08:36:37 PM »
I would appreciate that star1. I just want to let go! This is y i became addicted to psychics!

I can relate..it's so hard to let go...I think when your heart and mind are ready, you will.  Sometimes it just takes a lot longer than we would like, sadly. :(

Offline star1

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 08:39:53 PM »
I would appreciate that star1. I just want to let go! This is y i became addicted to psychics!

I can relate..it's so hard to let go...I think when your heart and mind are ready, you will.  Sometimes it just takes a lot longer than we would like, sadly. :(

I just pm'ed you, I understand how every single one of you feels and without feeling patronising, I do feel sorry for all of you because I know how it feels feeling so frustrated and stuck.  :-\

Offline Lady_C

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 09:33:29 PM »
Well i need advice. Like many here ive spent alot of money on psychics because of the way i feel abt  my poi. Its been 7 months and they wouldnt spend their money on psychics fretting over me. Im always the one chasing and being desperate. But i love this person. I think abt them all day everyday whether at work or at play. Ive never loved anyone like this!! How do I let go? Ive tried for so long. How do I let go??????

I used to have those feelings for my ex and it's been 10 months since we broke up. It's hard I won't deny it and I'm guessing you are probably seeking multiple reading which just causes confusion and only makes the situation worse. No one can tell you when you will get that "aha" moment because like someone else said, it's a personal experience.

For some they move on with another guy/girl, others simply loose interest with time especially if there's months without contact and some people keep themselves busy to the point that they forget about their ex. Whatever the case, you will move on eventually. Letting go is a difficult process but you can facilitate it by keeping yourself surrounded with friends/family anything that takes your mind off your POI. Most importantly, I would advise reducing the amount of psychic readings your getting to break the cycle.

If you have for example 8 readings a day reduce to half, then once a day, to every other day and so fourth. Do it gradually, which is what I did along with keeping myself busy.

Most of us use psychics as a coping mechanism. When we are hurt/vulnerable we turn to them for reassurance i.e that POI will return. It's much more comforting to live life in a fairytale world than to face reality.  They tell us (in most incidence) what we want to hear which delays the healing process further. It's better to go through those raw emotions now then say in a years time. You will be in a much better place mentally emotionally by dealing with what's to come now.

I don;t know your circumstance and I don't know if your POI is destined to return, but by moving forward you will take control over the situation. You have the chance to call the shots should he return or find someone who is a better suitor. I know it's hard to image those things now but things can only get better, it starts with breaking the cycle.

Hang in there!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:35:06 PM by Lady_C »

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »

I used to have those feelings for my ex and it's been 10 months since we broke up. It's hard I won't deny it and I'm guessing you are probably seeking multiple reading which just causes confusion and only makes the situation worse. No one can tell you when you will get that "aha" moment because like someone else said, it's a personal experience.

For some they move on with another guy/girl, others simply loose interest with time especially if there's months without contact and some people keep themselves busy to the point that they forget about their ex. Whatever the case, you will move on eventually. Letting go is a difficult process but you can facilitate it by keeping yourself surrounded with friends/family anything that takes your mind off your POI. Most importantly, I would advise reducing the amount of psychic readings your getting to break the cycle.

If you have for example 8 readings a day reduce to half, then once a day, to every other day and so fourth. Do it gradually, which is what I did along with keeping myself busy.

Most of us use psychics as a coping mechanism. When we are hurt/vulnerable we turn to them for reassurance i.e that POI will return. It's much more comforting to live life in a fairytale world than to face reality.  They tell us (in most incidence) what we want to hear which delays the healing process further. It's better to go through those raw emotions now then say in a years time. You will be in a much better place mentally emotionally by dealing with what's to come now.

I don;t know your circumstance and I don't know if your POI is destined to return, but by moving forward you will take control over the situation. You have the chance to call the shots should he return or find someone who is a better suitor. I know it's hard to image those things now but things can only get better, it starts with breaking the cycle.

Hang in there!!

Great post!

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 11:28:17 PM »
I've been burned by psychics with 3 different guys over the past 2 years and I've just had enough. I decided that it's pointless to continue to go around in circles with these readers and wait for predictions that just don't happen. I guarantee I would've been able to move on from all of the POIs much faster if the predictions hadn't kept me waiting around for things to magically change.

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2018, 12:05:06 AM »
I’ve broken my addiction and then slipped (badly, totally hooked) multiple times. The first time I broke the habit was by deciding I would give my all to a guy I’d started dating as he was everything my ex (POI in all my readings at that time) was not. That new guy is now my sweet husband.

The second time I broke the addiction wasn’t really on purpose. The platform I was using stopped hosting readers.

And now... it’s a combination of trying some LOA, meditation, acknowledging uncertainty, telling myself I’m the only one in charge of my life and future, and reminding myself that I can’t afford it. For a while I would tell myself if I don’t do a reading for X more days, I’ll treat myself to Y. It got pricy fast but it worked two ways - I treated myself to like title gifts, and it was a solid reminder of dollars spent. I realize that last bit is a little twisted, a mix of glee and shame, but it worked for me!

Offline star1

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2018, 12:10:49 AM »
Star1 after u pm me I responded with a lovely little missive only to find out that i sent the reply to the wrong person. Loll!! Just know that im grateful for ur advice!!!!!

You're very welcome, take care ❤️

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2018, 04:39:14 AM »
For those that have walked the road of spending too much money on too many readings over a long period... and have not had a reading in a long while.... how did you know you were done?

Flora, we've talked before, but here are my reasons:

1) None of my relationship predictions came to pass. Not one prediction and certainly not one timeline. I have had random hits on career or unrelated things with maybe 5 readers out of hundreds, but as far as my POI, nothing unless I took action myself.
2) Money. I have spent obscene amounts of money and I'm so ashamed of that. My goal now is to get a second job, be a responsible adult and fix that.
3) It occurred to me that whatever happens with my POI, good or bad, isn't contingent on a reading. It will happen regardless.
4) Finally, if you're doing something in excess that you can't share with your friends and family, then it's wrong. I couldn't imagine sharing my psychic binging with anyone. It's embarrassing and I feel so foolish. Like a person catfished.

Offline Penelope

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2018, 06:43:57 AM »
I am trying to cut back on readings as my predictions aren’t until March-July.  Any readings I get will likely be a repeat of what I’ve already heard.  I made it to 4 days without calling!  But then, I broke down and binged after a trigger (I mainly called empaths for insights on current situation).  I haven’t called today so I am hoping to hold out another 4 days to make it to 5 days and beat my last record!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 07:32:15 AM by Penelope »

anything