Author Topic: For those no longer getting readings - how did you know you were done?  (Read 23635 times)

Offline flora0250

For those that have walked the road of spending too much money on too many readings over a long period... and have not had a reading in a long while.... how did you know you were done?

Offline psychic girls

Re: For those no longer getting readings - how did you know you were done?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 09:26:35 AM »
I can’t said for everyone but for me I got over my old poi it because I met someone new I don’t care if this one work out or not I not gonna paid psychics again to heard them said that he my twin flame and he is a runner or he scared and afraid when they are ghosting you.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 09:32:04 AM »
I can’t said for everyone but for me I got over my old poi it because I met someone new I don’t care if this one work out or not I not gonna paid psychics again to heard them said that he my twin flame and he is a runner or he scared and afraid when they are ghosting you.

Thanks ... just to clarify - just asking what made people stop getting readings not what made people get over their exes. Thanks for your reply and perspective. Sorry you’re going through a tough time.

Offline moonstar

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 09:48:09 AM »
For those that have walked the road of spending too much money on too many readings over a long period... and have not had a reading in a long while.... how did you know you were done?

When I realised none of the readings were accurate as none of the predictions came to pass.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 10:59:13 AM »

When I realised none of the readings were accurate as none of the predictions came to pass.

Yes this. And this forum has helped tremendously....I see so many people calling for years on dead end situations and it’s incredibly sad...I don’t want to live like that

Offline moonstar

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 11:18:27 AM »

Yes this. And this forum has helped tremendously....I see so many people calling for years on dead end situations and it’s incredibly sad...I don’t want to live like that

Yes, thank god I came to realise after only a couple of months and not after a year or longer!

Offline star1

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »
What stopped me from getting readings was realising in my gut the likelihood of my ex recontacting me saying how sorry and silly he was and how he'd want to start again with me. He was the one last who upset me with his actions and he had a reason to contact me (I can't post here as it's private) and he didn't come forward at all to me with that or any reason. It was always me doing the chasing (which he was used to). My gut feeling always said that this situation between us was done and I chose to ignore it and be in denial and it was right. All of the readers said he loved me and cared and would be back, and I thought to myself "if someone really loves you, would they take this long to make contact with me?", I just highly doubt my ex still loves me like they said. Almost all didn't pick up on his narcy traits and possessive and controlling ways and something else important to my situation, so if they can't pick up that - how can they be right on his feelings and him coming back?

I began to think "why are you wasting your time, money and energy on someone who hasn't wasted a second of his time on me all year?", and realised I could move on and find someone who actually will love me and treat me with respect, rather than believe and take reader's words that he" loves" me.

I was having readings and in the end, all of them sounded the same. "he loves you but he got scared/he's busy with work/he has commitment issues/his last girlfriend hurt him so bad/he loved you too much that he was scared you'd hurt him", and there were many cases where I had an amazing reading with a reader, went and told someone what the reader had said and it turned out that they were word for word the same (like Eamon on CP). So I lost my faith in readers, I knew deep down that the situation with my ex was done and I thought to myself "why are you getting readings if you don't believe what they are telling you? Why are you basically throwing money down the drain?" and I began to get "turned off" off readings, I also knew that if I put myself to it, I could move on from my ex and begin to start looking elsewhere. I don't have that "I love him and can't and won't see anyone else again" feeling anymore.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 01:03:54 PM by star1 »

Offline Lady_C

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 01:01:42 PM »
I haven't had a reading for awhile now and I knew I was done due to a combination of inaccurate predictions along with my feelings having changed. I also put myself in my exes shoes, I thought about ALLLLLLL that money I spend since early this year inquiring about him, he would NEVER in a million years pine after me the way I did, so I gradually stopped.

I've saved so much money now I don't have constant readings and I'm also comfort with clicking on a psychic website such as Bitwine and not feel the urge to purchase a reading.

It's difficult, I won't simplify the process but once you gain control over your own feelings and bank balance. It's like a weight is lifted from off your shoulder.

Offline star1

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »
I haven't had a reading for awhile now and I knew I was done due to a combination of inaccurate predictions along with my feelings having changed. I also put myself in my exes shoes, I thought about ALLLLLLL that money I spend since early this year inquiring about him, he would NEVER in a million years pine after me the way I did, so I gradually stopped.

I've saved so much money now I don't have constant readings and I'm also comfort with clicking on a psychic website such as Bitwine and not feel the urge to purchase a reading.

It's difficult, I won't simplify the process but once you gain control over your own feelings and bank balance. It's like a weight is lifted from off your shoulder.

Yess!

Offline Lady_C

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »
What stopped me from getting readings was realising in my gut the likelihood of my ex recontacting me saying how sorry and silly he was and how he'd want to start again with me. He was the one last who upset me with his actions and he had a reason to contact me (I can't post here as it's private) and he didn't come forward at all to me with that or any reason. It was always me doing the chasing (which he was used to). My gut feeling always said that this situation between us was done and I chose to ignore it and be in denial and it was right. All of the readers said he loved me and cared and would be back, and I thought to myself "if someone really loves you, would they take this long to make contact with me?", I just highly doubt my ex still loves me like they said. Almost all didn't pick up on his narcy traits and possessive and controlling ways and something else important to my situation, so if they can't pick up that - how can they be right on his feelings and him coming back?

I began to think "why are you wasting your time, money and energy on someone who hasn't wasted a second of his time on me all year?", and realised I could move on and find someone who actually will love me and treat me with respect, rather than believe and take reader's words that he" loves" me.

I was having readings and in the end, all of them sounded the same. "he loves you but he got scared/he's busy with work/he has commitment issues/his last girlfriend hurt him so bad/he loved you too much that he was scared you'd hurt him", and there were many cases where I had an amazing reading with a reader, went and told someone what the reader had said and it turned out that they were word for word the same (like Eamon on CP). So I lost my faith in readers, I knew deep down that the situation with my ex was done and I thought to myself "why are you getting readings if you don't believe what they are telling you? Why are you basically throwing money down the drain?" and I began to get "turned off" off readings, I also knew that if I put myself to it, I could move on from my ex and begin to start looking elsewhere. I don't have that "I love him and can't and won't see anyone else again" feeling anymore.

I can totally relate to this. You literally wrote this on my behalf, very similar experience with my ex and my feelings are in tandem with yours.

Offline star1

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 01:15:58 PM »

I can totally relate to this. You literally wrote this on my behalf, very similar experience with my ex and my feelings are in tandem with yours.

Yeah I'm glad you managed to move on in the end, you feel so much better and relieved  :D

Offline LAW1974

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 01:40:25 PM »
@Flora - Mine is a fairly new decision (only the past few weeks) but so far I haven't felt the need anymore.  Most of my predictions aren't for a while so I don't have a negative or positive experience per se with psychics.  But to me, to keep calling different ones (or even the same one) about the same situation doesn't make sense anymore.  I have no choice at this point but to move on with my life and focus on the things I have control over.  If in the future it does manifest and he does come back then I am in control over whether I WANT HIM BACK! 

I know LOA is a BIG controversy on here but it is 100% what has helped me.  Zadalia actually led me to a board and some books.  I have been reading Hicks and Lanie Stevens.  What they have taught me is that I have control over my life, my future and what I choose to do with it:). Just doing the daily meditations has changed my entire outlook! 

So I can honestly say that if NOTHING ever comes to fruition that 1 psychic has ever told me I am still grateful for this board and everything I have learned!  Furthermore, I think I will try and let life happen and even if ALL of my predictions manifest I will try and NOT call again.  Maybe we aren't supposed to know our future? 

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »

Yes, thank god I came to realise after only a couple of months and not after a year or longer!

you are lucky!  I took a much longer time to realize it, and I still struggle with it, but other people here worded it much better than I could.  It's sort of an "a-ha" moment when you say to yourself, hey this guy (or girl) isn't putting a shit of an effort in with me, hasn't even bothered to reach out etc, and I'm spending a ton of money trying to figure it out.  It's very simple...and obvious when you put it in those terms.

Unless POI has some MAJOR life crisis going on, or died, there is no excuse for their behavior. 

I began to fee like a fool, plain and simple.  I would read stories on here and my heart breaks for people.  It's so sad there are so many good hearted people pining after someone who probably at the end of the day, is living their life without a care in the world.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 02:15:29 PM »
Thank you all so much for sharing this part of your personal stories - I promise to reply more fully soon but for now just wanted to say thanks - I think it’s a really individual and personal experience of when a person hits that “last reading.” Like really the last one. Because some times it happens quickly and sometimes gradually and for all kinds of different reasons. But I think it’s a great thing to open up about.

I remember the last time for me - because this has been my 2nd go around :( - and I think this time ... it was fairly gradual. But certain things propelled me more to stop.

For me this time.... the idea of “well you’re just not open. You’re blocked. You’re negative.”  - that really hit me. That it’s used by readers often as a way to cop out really of their reading and abilities. I just felt instinctively - you know what?!? No I’m not. I’m totally NOT actually lol. I’m like one of the most open people ever and am often told how open I am. I have never said oh no I don’t believe a reading because it doesn’t tell me the story I want it to tell me, which is also another shifting kind of tactic that so called readers use.

I think that’s sitting with me pretty hard right now. That - and it’s common not just a particular reader - people actually would go so far as to blame the customer for their shortcomings - worsening perhaps an already potentially depressed person’s state of mind.... just to keep up a facade that’s not real so they can make a buck off someone.

Well let me be the first to say. There’s nothing wrong with me or my “openness” for anyone to judge. And no one who reads this should feel that way either. Just a little food for thought as I make my way yet again to realizing how not good this pattern is and how detrimental it is to me - and potential relationships - new and old - in so many ways.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »
I agree flora!  I had a reader last year tell me (when POI at the time was acting like a fool) that it's because of my "negative energy"...SMH!  I am glad I knew not to believe that BS. 

I think this is a great end of year post btw...love it..even though it's hard to hear people's sad stories, it's healing in a way..makes you feel not so alone.

anything