Author Topic: Good tarot card course?  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Dreamer23

Good tarot card course?
« on: December 20, 2018, 02:40:01 AM »
Hi!

Does anyone know a good course in tarot card reading? I am sort of interested in tarot cards and I'd like to learn more.

Either online or in person would be great! I live in NYC.

Thanks a lot!!

Offline jhuskindle

Re: Good tarot card course?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 04:58:10 AM »
Buy a pack of rider Waite and use tarot verbatim for combos!

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 02:28:25 PM »
Buy a pack of rider Waite and use tarot verbatim for combos!

What do you mean use them verbatim for combos?

Thank you!!!

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 09:49:03 PM »
There are many free courses. Or cheap ones on Udemy or you can even go to the library and get books.  It depends on your style what resonates with you.   Some books people swore by I hated.  Don’t do Biddy tarot, it’s a rip off.  There are some great Facebook learning groups and message boards online.  Keep a journal that you can add to.  Start off with a few key meanings for each card, and as you get better add to them, this way you don’t overwhelm yourself.  Then you can also keep a tarot journal and draw a card a day and write how that card reflected the day.  When doing readings for yourself start with a 3-4 card spread, free flow is best or past, present and future and write your questions downs and cards and your predictions.  Come back to it later and see if you were right in reading them or not. Usually the cards are right, we just may read them wrong. Hope that helps.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 02:14:32 AM »
There are many free courses. Or cheap ones on Udemy or you can even go to the library and get books.  It depends on your style what resonates with you.   Some books people swore by I hated.  Don’t do Biddy tarot, it’s a rip off.  There are some great Facebook learning groups and message boards online.  Keep a journal that you can add to.  Start off with a few key meanings for each card, and as you get better add to them, this way you don’t overwhelm yourself.  Then you can also keep a tarot journal and draw a card a day and write how that card reflected the day.  When doing readings for yourself start with a 3-4 card spread, free flow is best or past, present and future and write your questions downs and cards and your predictions.  Come back to it later and see if you were right in reading them or not. Usually the cards are right, we just may read them wrong. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much aquagirl! I appreciate this. I guess it takes time and experience and doing readings for yourself is probably a good way to go. I have been doing free online tarot readings, I agree it's dead accurate at times.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 03:47:28 AM »
Tarot verbatim is a website that has card meanings and combos. It’s a good site.

And yes it takes lots of experience.  In my
Opinion the best results are when you allow your intuition and any psychic abilities come through.   Practice practice practice!  You never stop learning, even after 50 years you’ll still find a new surprise in meanings.  Read for friends and family and yourself for practice. Keep journals.  Learn from your mistakes, have fun, I suggest grounding , cleansing, meditation and making your own ritual for attuning your energies.  Find what works for you. It doesn’t have to be elaborate and fancy. It can be simple. It’s the energy you put in and the intent that matters the most

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 01:43:03 PM »
Tarot verbatim is a website that has card meanings and combos. It’s a good site.

And yes it takes lots of experience.  In my
Opinion the best results are when you allow your intuition and any psychic abilities come through.   Practice practice practice!  You never stop learning, even after 50 years you’ll still find a new surprise in meanings.  Read for friends and family and yourself for practice. Keep journals.  Learn from your mistakes, have fun, I suggest grounding , cleansing, meditation and making your own ritual for attuning your energies.  Find what works for you. It doesn’t have to be elaborate and fancy. It can be simple. It’s the energy you put in and the intent that matters the most

Thank you!!! This is great. I am kind of excited to start on this.

I used oracle cards for a while but  I find they are not all that great.