Author Topic: The psychics Vent  (Read 7879 times)

Offline jhuskindle

The psychics Vent
« on: December 12, 2018, 02:46:30 AM »
Ok, So today I read someone who asked me about a guy.

She hasn’t known this guy long. He is EXREMELY MARRIED according to the cards. I say, girl is he married? She says no.. so I shuffle again, and again... there are 78 cards and has to be THREE to verify marriage, THREE times, the same set of three came up. This is beyond the law of coincidence.

Yes this dude is married. Not ONLY that, but I saw she would find out next month and by March wouldn’t even remember his name.

So she leaves me a bad review. Because she doesn’t KNOW he’s married. In fact she’s convinced he’s not and cant wait till January to leave her review. I am interested to see if she comes back, because I’m one of the few on the lines that give serious answers not fairytales. I will likely be the “one” who got it right.  Those actually tend to come back (likely in January)

Anyone here have some psychic venting to do? Anyone interested in hearing the juiciest or weirdest readings I’ve done? I’ve got nothing going on tonight! I love to share.

Offline HornetKick

Re: The psychics Vent
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 04:27:31 AM »
I am not questioning your ability by any means, but isn't there a slight chance you might be wrong?
I've had readers to tell me something with certainty and it never happened. I've even had multiple readers tell me the same things, almost verbatim and it never happened.
Just giving another option, because with readings, there can be many.

What's a couple of things you hate most about providing readings?

Offline star1

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 06:56:45 AM »
Kindle. Remember that some people are in denial and can't accept or refuse to believe in something because it seems so impossible (denial). I'm pretty sure you'll hear from her by the third month next year and some kinda news. Keep us updated.

Offline montauk

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 06:58:34 AM »
is it ethical to share details about people's privacy? even when it's anonymous

Offline psychic girls

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 07:06:31 AM »
Yep readers can be wrong too.

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 02:24:07 PM »
I am not questioning your ability by any means, but isn't there a slight chance you might be wrong?
I've had readers to tell me something with certainty and it never happened. I've even had multiple readers tell me the same things, almost verbatim and it never happened.
Just giving another option, because with readings, there can be many.

What's a couple of things you hate most about providing readings?

I’d probably have left the subject alone if it didn’t come up 3 times based on her word.

Actually I love them all but i don’t agree with cheating so it’s a bit awkward to read for the cheaters. I keep myself out of it, but still creeps in every now and then.
Sometimes it’s downright depressing :(

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 02:26:14 PM »
Why are you here gossiping about what people tell you in readings? That should be kept private.

It’s the vent.
I don’t out identifiers in and it’s not uncommon, probably 1 every few months has a similar situation.

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »
Kindle. Remember that some people are in denial and can't accept or refuse to believe in something because it seems so impossible (denial). I'm pretty sure you'll hear from her by the third month next year and some kinda news. Keep us updated.

Haha well this is true and I’ve had people who do that. Seems common on this board too. ‘I was in denial but she was right so I returned’ that’s how I gauge all readers, test on something that’s proveable in a week or few months.

Offline star1

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 02:45:29 PM »

Haha well this is true and I’ve had people who do that. Seems common on this board too. ‘I was in denial but she was right so I returned’ that’s how I gauge all readers, test on something that’s proveable in a week or few months.

It is something that's quite common I've been told by readers, and that's a good technique to find out if a reader is worth the money and time.

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 02:51:39 PM »

It is something that's quite common I've been told by readers, and that's a good technique to find out if a reader is worth the money and time.

A cold reader will usually give 6 mo out, or something flexible like “summer”. “Spring”.
Remember nothing is impossible, so test readers on short term outcomes!

Offline star1

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »

A cold reader will usually give 6 mo out, or something flexible like “summer”. “Spring”.
Remember nothing is impossible, so test readers on short term outcomes!

Thank you for your advice and help  :)

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 03:39:27 AM »
I don't think it's right to be sharing anyone's reading in this forum. Bad juju. Even though you didn't mention a name, it's still very unethical and in my opinion. People are coming to you in their most emotional moments in life. That should be considered an honor in my opinion. Even if the person "is in denial", you shouldn't be upset with them. Rather, be understanding because we've all experienced that before. Not only that but, is there a chance your "cards" could be wrong? Of course there is. In fact, there's a 50/50 chance that they are wrong. This person may know for an absolute fact that said person isn't married or attached in any way by means that you aren't aware of. Tarot is fun and everything but I definitely wouldn't rely on them for concrete information. 

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 10:53:00 PM »
I don't think it's right to be sharing anyone's reading in this forum. Bad juju. Even though you didn't mention a name, it's still very unethical and in my opinion. People are coming to you in their most emotional moments in life. That should be considered an honor in my opinion. Even if the person "is in denial", you shouldn't be upset with them. Rather, be understanding because we've all experienced that before. Not only that but, is there a chance your "cards" could be wrong? Of course there is. In fact, there's a 50/50 chance that they are wrong. This person may know for an absolute fact that said person isn't married or attached in any way by means that you aren't aware of. Tarot is fun and everything but I definitely wouldn't rely on them for concrete information.

I’m a psychic and tarot reader, I confirm on my cards if I need to, and its past the law of coincidence. I guess because these things are very common it’s not possible to identify the client. These things are happening every day. Over 400 readings I’ve done, and a lot of those had men who were married and the woman didn’t know about it. The issue is leaving bad review before it came to pass, that’s my gripe. Or maybe she could have asked a question about something coming up in the immediate future so she could verify, and the review could have been based on that. Since it’s the vent, that’s where this goes.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 03:37:05 AM »
Why are you here gossiping about what people tell you in readings? That should be kept private.

This right here! Thank you. I was thinking the same. There is is a code of ethics readers much follow, and sharing people's personal information publicly and for your own amusement is not only unethical but shameful.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 03:52:49 AM »
I’m a psychic and tarot reader, I confirm on my cards if I need to, and its past the law of coincidence.

Uh, no. First off the universe is a weird place where we get coincidences, signs, synchronicities all the time that do not necessarily amount to what you think or hope it means. We have all experienced things where you think, no way could this be a coincidence. All part of the beauty and wonder of life, and the way everything is connected and patterns repeat. But not a factual indicator of anything like whether someone is married or not.

It is possible due to the nature of individual perception, to think you are seeing a pattern that is beyond coincidence, when it is really just repetition of confirmation bias. In other words it is easy to convince yourself you are right about anything, if you rely on something symbolic and subjective to confirm it. And card reading is highly subjective.

You cannot "confirm" anything using a set of cards. I get what you mean by saying that, but cards are just cards. They are not reality. We confirm things in real life, with factual information or by seeing what actually happens. Unless you know the facts, you cannot confirm anything.

Yes, it is possible that the man is married and the client does not know. But, it is also equally possible that the man is not married, the client knows this and it is you who does not know the facts.

We have no reason to believe you, just because you say you are psychic, you have done x number of readings, this is common, you have seen it happen before, etc. Any random stranger could walk up to someone on the street and say the same things. There is no reason to believe you, any more than we would believe anyone else, unless you have a well established reputation...a reputation which I think you do not have, if you are posting here under an anonymous handle, and posting to vent about clients who leave you negative reviews.

When we get readings, we take it on good faith that a) the reader is not lying to us and b) the reader is not lying to themselves.

What we can see here in your own words is that you confirm information by using subjective interpretation of symbolism (card reading) rather than confirming it with what the client knows or believes to be true. And it sounds like this is a habit. And, if the clients knows for certain you are wrong, they have no way to prove it to you, and you may not believe it anyway. The clients who know you are wrong are not going to contact you again, and because of this, you may go on believing you were correct when you were in fact NOT correct.

So, while it is possible that your reading could be correct, it is also very possible that it is not, and that you may never find out how inaccurate your readings are.

I guess because these things are very common it’s not possible to identify the client. These things are happening every day.

Well, you might be surprised sometimes what people can identify here, or at least think they can. Posting something like this is pure pot stirring and instigation of gossip.

How common it is, does not make any difference. That only means, instead of one person getting outed with something unique to them, perhaps a dozen or more people read this and think it is about them, or their friend who has confided about a similar situation, or some other forum member they suspect it might apply to. So again, pot stirring.

But I would agree it doesn't really say that much about the client. This could be anyone. It says more about you, as the reader, that you feel the need to come here and vent because you got a bad review. This forum is not the place for psychics to vent about clients, and you are doing it in a way that sounds petty and arrogant.

So, is the problem that you don't know how to deliver bad news in a kind and informative way, or is the problem that you were just wrong about the bad news?

I mean you weren't really looking for sympathy here were you...on a forum where people leave negative reviews for psychics just like you every day? Or is it more like you want a little lift for your bruised ego, by telling us how much you know better than your clients, and sharing some "juicy" stuff to get us on your side?

Over 400 readings I’ve done, and a lot of those had men who were married and the woman didn’t know about it.

And how do you know that? Did you confirm with the client after they found out? Or just confirm on the cards? Then again, why shoukd we believe you, either way?

The issue is leaving bad review before it came to pass, that’s my gripe. Or maybe she could have asked a question about something coming up in the immediate future so she could verify, and the review could have been based on that. Since it’s the vent, that’s where this goes.

Well, unfortunately the timeframe for leaving feedback is pretty short on most platforms. So clients can't wait around to see if everything comes to pass before leaving feedback. You couldn't tell this client something, just one thing she could actually verify? Or is it just that you were wrong, she knew it for certain and left feedback accordingly?

What makes you so certain that you, or your cards, are right?

Like seriously, all of this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I will also add, I had a reader once convinced that my POI was married, turned out he was married to his work so to speak. That was his commitment.  As a reader you hold a responsibility to your client, and your confidence comes off as arrogance. No reader is 100% right. you may not tell fairytales, but that doesn't mean you're 100% right.  Sometimes the cards that come up in this fashion can be a meaning for the reader themself and not the actual client. I've had friends who also read cards have that happen to. And turned out the message was actually for the reader and not the client.   Each card has various meanings and they don't always mean the same thing.

Oh and my personal favourite i had a reader convinced i was pregnant because the empress kept popping up, and even flew out of her deck. I wasn't pregnant and didn't get pregnant since that reading. She kept telling me i was getting all these pregnancy cards. lol Things aren't always as they seem.

anything