Author Topic: The tower as the outcome card  (Read 10415 times)

Offline jhuskindle

Re: The tower as the outcome card
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 12:04:27 AM »
This can be a blowout fight. I had to fight my landlords for my new apartment the 2 most stressful weeks I’ve had in a while.
It can mean mind blowing sex only when supported.

It normally means foundational life flipping upside down. I went through a tower YEAR. The life built after was worth every moment of destruction. It can be a life altering realization... the reader shouldn’t tell you the card, just their interpretation, because cards for me are like visions the tower doesn’t mean anything unless it’s supported.

Offline star1

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 12:09:33 AM »
This can be a blowout fight. I had to fight my landlords for my new apartment the 2 most stressful weeks I’ve had in a while.

It normally means foundational life flipping upside down. I went through a tower YEAR. The life built after was worth every moment of destruction. It can be a life altering realization... the reader shouldn’t tell you the card, just their interpretation, because cards for me are like visions the tower doesn’t mean anything unless it’s supported.

I agree - that's where a reader goes wrong. They should read the cards with their thoughts and feelings when looking at the card, their interpretations.

Offline LAW1974

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 12:18:01 AM »
Tower also means hot passionate sex! Lol or it can mean importance depending on the question. It can mean thinking you want one thing and discovering something new you never thought you’d want and it’s eart shattering for you.  It can mean a positive and needed change. It can mean rebuilding, or chaos in a persons life. There are other readings but it’s what the other cards say and what the question is and what Intuatively the reader feels it means.

Star1 when you were given that card was it on the phone or physically? I only ask because a less than ethical reader may have told you that when that wasn’t the card she got.  Just a thought to consider. I have found the cards more times more accurate than the psychic reading and prefer them most times depending on the reader.

Oh see now I would like a tower card... LOL!

Offline star1

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 12:18:31 AM »
Tower also means hot passionate sex! Lol or it can mean importance depending on the question. It can mean thinking you want one thing and discovering something new you never thought you’d want and it’s eart shattering for you.  It can mean a positive and needed change. It can mean rebuilding, or chaos in a persons life. There are other readings but it’s what the other cards say and what the question is and what Intuatively the reader feels it means.

Star1 when you were given that card was it on the phone or physically? I only ask because a less than ethical reader may have told you that when that wasn’t the card she got.  Just a thought to consider. I have found the cards more times more accurate than the psychic reading and prefer them most times depending on the reader.

Oh see now I would like a tower card... LOL!

Lol.

Offline LAW1974

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 12:26:00 AM »
Yeah, I like tarot a lot but it is highly open to interpretation, and a lot of readers just use really generic interpretations of the cards. I think it is best to use it for yourself because over time you get to see what the cards mean for you personally.

Yeah, most go by the booklet meaning you get with the card deck. I don't even think I've had a reader who linked in their own way with the cards.

Yup. Tarot is very old and the symbols used on the cards (on a traditional deck) are very rich in meaning, going back to ancient civilizations...and, those symbols are also used pervasively all around us in our daily lives, in advertising, government, etc.

Most readers just don't have a deep understanding of the symbols...plus, some use non-standard decks that use very different depictions of what the cards mean.

Yes most readers don't have a deeper meaning of them for sure.. I've lost alot of "faith" in cards, because as we all know - the scam fake readers who knowingly go on these phone lines can use the cards and easily make a reading seem genuine. It's very easy to drop out a few hook lines at the start of the call from the card set a reader gets, and the customer can (without knowing it) hand out info to the reader which makes it very easy work for them. Also, I've had many readings where a reader was picking up something completely different energy wise, but they chose to stick by the cards and their meanings.. Tarot are meant to be a guidance tool and used alongside your gift which should be the main focus of the reading.. But instead, it's the other way around. I just don't trust cards. You could shuffle me some cards and they be negative, re-shuffle and they're positive and vice versa. I just think that they're unreliable IMO.

If you keep shuffling the cards, it's like calling ten different readers on the same question. Yes, you'll likely get different answers, and not because the cards are unreliable, but because you don't want to trust/believe the first answer. So you keep shuffling (or calling other psychics). The tarots 'know' and they'll trick you ...
A good tarot cards reader doesn't need to be psychic. They only need to know tarots well and be intuitive, capable of connecting the cards to the situation and person they are reading. To be a good tarot card reader requires time and study and lots of experience. That's why most are not.

This is why the "free sites" with Tarot are kinda worthless because I dont understand Tarot that miuch and while its interesting to me, I dont have the extra time to study it

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 02:54:16 AM »

What does this mean? When it's supported?

I swear I am terrible at figuring things out about tarot.

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 03:12:38 AM »

You’d have to see all the cards to see what’s supported. There’s a million different combos. Some people don’t read cards like others. The reader needs to tell ou their message I’ve seen the tower as mind blowing sex with other sex cards. Alone it would mean a huge earth shattering change or process where the old dies out and new comes in. You can easily find out what it’s about life, sex, a fight with your landlord or a hot headed woman... with the support cards...

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 03:26:15 AM »
Ahh I get it. Okay, how interesting. Yes, the other cards don't quite support the sex situation I think, but they are more about communication and expression of feelings, also misunderstanding, immaturity...ugh, it was a confusing reading based on that spread. I still don't see how the tower fits into all of this.

But all this conversation made me realize how complex tarot cards can be. They can be fascinating if someone is well versed in them, I bet it can be very insightful.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2018, 03:37:27 AM »
Ahh I get it. Okay, how interesting. Yes, the other cards don't quite support the sex situation I think, but they are more about communication and expression of feelings, also misunderstanding, immaturity...ugh, it was a confusing reading based on that spread. I still don't see how the tower fits into all of this.

But all this conversation made me realize how complex tarot cards can be. They can be fascinating if someone is well versed in them, I bet it can be very insightful.

Oh well with communication, and misunderstanding, that makes a LOT of sense, because the Tower is really a reference to the story of the Tower of Babel in Genesis.

Can you explain that a bit Stilltired? I don't know much about the Bible.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2018, 07:32:05 AM »

Supported means the other cards around it support that inerpretation...so like if th ace of wands was near the tower it could be referring to sex. I tend to avoid using those types of literal interpretations though.

You're not terrible at it, tarot is just very complex.

They don’t always need to be supported. Depending on the context of the question it can be very obvious.   The ace of wands on its own can mean sex. But not as mind blowing as the tower.  Ace of wands usually comes up as sexual desire and wanting to have sex or sexual attraction. You can have both separate from each other and still mean something sexual in nature.  There are many many cards that have sexual meanings to them, some are more obvious that others. But technically all the cards have a sexual reference to them, but unless you’re reading them as souly sexually based you wouldn’t use them.  Like three of cups can indicate a threesome, but most would read it more as a social engagement or a date.  The devil is also sexual in nature and cans represent kinkier bdsm type sex.  Just a few examples.   This is where intuition plays an important role I. Picking up nuances.

It also depends on the reader and what meanings they have assigned for those cards themselves.  So they may draw upon those energies.   A good reader who understands the cards will be able to see that difference easily.  Tarot is as complex as you make it. You can simplify it and still give amazing readings.  People have this tendency to believe if it’s too simple it must be wrong. I’ve had some of the most accurate readings with the most simplistic approaches. Compared to really in depth readings that were way off.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »

Hi Aquagirl. This is what I mean, every reader jumps to the conclusion that the tower is bad.. Cards can have double meanings. I've had card readings in person and on the phone, they all were quite bad for me. I went to a medium in person who got lots of things right for me and the info she got was amazing as a psychic medium.. Very intimate specific things about my private life and things nobody could know, good remote viewing skills and things actually did come to pass with her. I just prefer tools free because it's energy, the cards might be a bad set but if you look at the guy in question, he might be thinking pleasantly and positively. Or vice versa. I like when a reader channels purely with no tools, I don't really trust any except looking into a crystal ball. With my situation, I got the star card a few times and Yona saw positive cards for my situation, but she didn't get the star. Other positive cards around it which I wish I had kept the cards she gave me. Thanks for your help.

As you know it all boils down to what you feel most comfortable with and what resonates with you. A good reader it shouldn’t matter if they use tools or not. Tools should just be a way of channeling that energy and how that person gets their information.   I used to see this one psychic in person. At the start she would have you shuffle and cut a deck of playing cards. She never knew how to read cards.  She just used the Images to connect her energy and was incredibly accurate, like telling me things she couldn’t have known.  Later as the years went by she stopped using those cards and I found her to be less accurate. Maybe a coincidence, I don’t know.   I have a great and deep understanding of tarot so when I get a reading I can tell if they are bsing me or how well they know the cards. 

But if you don’t feel comfortable with tools then that’s your prerogative and you need to pick readers based on the abilities that make you comfortable.  And it’s really good that you can identify that for yourself.   Oh interesting enough the stars original meaning was theft. Like don’t have a nicer yard than the guy who’s trying to keep up with the Jones. You might find youreself in a predicament of envy.  Each card has a good and bad  energy to it.   Most good tarot’s readers will tell you there’s no such thing as a good or bad card. Even the death card can be positive and the sun can be negative, stay in the sun too long you get burned.  You wish upon stars but they say be careful what you wish for. You may get a different version of what you wanted and more of what you needed.  I don’t know the context of your reading , the question or the other cards to say what it could have meant.  It can also mean a tear of fate if the other cards where more negative, the star comes after the tower, it can be testing your faith In the situation you can either crumble like the tower or shine like the Devine star.  The star can also mean that something is out of your reach. You shoot for the stars but do you actually catch one?  So see it can either be your wish card or your out of reach card. 

Sorry I’m babbling with some late night musings lol I hope that at least gave you some insight and clarity and better understanding.

Offline star1

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 08:26:54 AM »

Hi Aquagirl. This is what I mean, every reader jumps to the conclusion that the tower is bad.. Cards can have double meanings. I've had card readings in person and on the phone, they all were quite bad for me. I went to a medium in person who got lots of things right for me and the info she got was amazing as a psychic medium.. Very intimate specific things about my private life and things nobody could know, good remote viewing skills and things actually did come to pass with her. I just prefer tools free because it's energy, the cards might be a bad set but if you look at the guy in question, he might be thinking pleasantly and positively. Or vice versa. I like when a reader channels purely with no tools, I don't really trust any except looking into a crystal ball. With my situation, I got the star card a few times and Yona saw positive cards for my situation, but she didn't get the star. Other positive cards around it which I wish I had kept the cards she gave me. Thanks for your help.

As you know it all boils down to what you feel most comfortable with and what resonates with you. A good reader it shouldn’t matter if they use tools or not. Tools should just be a way of channeling that energy and how that person gets their information.   I used to see this one psychic in person. At the start she would have you shuffle and cut a deck of playing cards. She never knew how to read cards.  She just used the Images to connect her energy and was incredibly accurate, like telling me things she couldn’t have known.  Later as the years went by she stopped using those cards and I found her to be less accurate. Maybe a coincidence, I don’t know.   I have a great and deep understanding of tarot so when I get a reading I can tell if they are bsing me or how well they know the cards. 

But if you don’t feel comfortable with tools then that’s your prerogative and you need to pick readers based on the abilities that make you comfortable.  And it’s really good that you can identify that for yourself.   Oh interesting enough the stars original meaning was theft. Like don’t have a nicer yard than the guy who’s trying to keep up with the Jones. You might find youreself in a predicament of envy.  Each card has a good and bad  energy to it.   Most good tarot’s readers will tell you there’s no such thing as a good or bad card. Even the death card can be positive and the sun can be negative, stay in the sun too long you get burned.  You wish upon stars but they say be careful what you wish for. You may get a different version of what you wanted and more of what you needed.  I don’t know the context of your reading , the question or the other cards to say what it could have meant.  It can also mean a tear of fate if the other cards where more negative, the star comes after the tower, it can be testing your faith In the situation you can either crumble like the tower or shine like the Devine star.  The star can also mean that something is out of your reach. You shoot for the stars but do you actually catch one?  So see it can either be your wish card or your out of reach card. 

Sorry I’m babbling with some late night musings lol I hope that at least gave you some insight and clarity and better understanding.

Thanks for your explanation of the cards. This is why I don't like them.. Most readers go off of their literal terms, like with the tower. Card readers are mostly generic because it's easy to make up a reading with cards, rare are very good with their cards. But even still, I just don't find they're for me because of the reason above - card readers tend to go off of the cards and spend most of the readings going on about the cards and their meanings. A card spread should be laid out at the start and the reader goes off and off with spirit, I've never had that experience before. And with my readings I am really confused.. All said he would be back and cared, one or two said for bad reasons like he's a user or couldn't ever commit. But pretty much all said he had feelings and would be back. With Yona, my cards were pretty positive and the reading was. I tried Yona because she has a huge success rate, so I thought I might get some luck with her. But doubtful, lol.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 05:13:34 PM »
Thanks aquagirl for those explanations. They are so so interesting. I had no idea that some cards can be interpreted in sexual terms lol, that's super interesting. And that a good card can also have some bad in it.

This is now making me want to study tarot :)

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 09:58:45 PM »
Most readers will not deliver tower as bad news if sunny cards surround it. That’s why you would have to have this in contex to find out what it is... with chariot car troubles etc. what about an accident that results in substantial payout and a new car? It’s not negative.

So the channellers job is to deliver their interpretation, not the card. That just causes anxiety and stress, for me I never share the cards.

Offline star1

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2018, 10:10:06 PM »
Most readers will not deliver tower as bad news if sunny cards surround it. That’s why you would have to have this in contex to find out what it is... with chariot car troubles etc. what about an accident that results in substantial payout and a new car? It’s not negative.

So the channellers job is to deliver their interpretation, not the card. That just causes anxiety and stress, for me I never share the cards.

Oh. Yona saw tower but the cards after it were positive.