Author Topic: Cold reading techniques 101  (Read 4971 times)

josh34

Re: Cold reading techniques 101
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 04:25:17 AM »
Just chiming in. While these can be indicative of fakes, real psychics can also say these things and mean them as well. So, if you hear one or even more than one of these things during a reading, dont just assume they're fakes or bullshitting you. I think you're stretching into dangerous territory with this post, OP.

candiednut

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 03:06:25 PM »
I guess I've been lucky. I havent heard a lot of these.

You've never heard of "he's stubborn" "he's scared of commitment" ?? That is a classic line I've heard about everyone I have called about (including a girl friend with a guy's name lmao)

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »
Just chiming in. While these can be indicative of fakes, real psychics can also say these things and mean them as well. So, if you hear one or even more than one of these things during a reading, dont just assume they're fakes or bullshitting you. I think you're stretching into dangerous territory with this post, OP.

Agreed I think its the combo that makes it cold, obviously these lines can be normal.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 04:52:50 PM »
I definitely heard some of those. Including the line: there is a woman whose name starts with M.

WHY is that a common thing that's being said? I'm trying to figure it out but I can't... there's a lot of female names that start with M???

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 08:13:44 PM »
I definitely heard some of those. Including the line: there is a woman whose name starts with M.

WHY is that a common thing that's being said? I'm trying to figure it out but I can't... there's a lot of female names that start with M???

Yep and ambiguous.

You guys are lucky if you havent heard these you are choosing your psychics right!

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2018, 02:21:14 AM »

Yep and ambiguous.

You guys are lucky if you havent heard these you are choosing your psychics right!

I get that it's ambiguous but why is this specific line common "a woman whose name starts with M". Why don't they change it up to "a woman whose name starts with S" or R or B or any other letter?
So strange :)

Offline psychic girls

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 07:07:36 AM »
They will also said this about a third party I see yes he is with someone but that person is very controlling and it won't last.

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 10:23:30 PM »
They will also said this about a third party I see yes he is with someone but that person is very controlling and it won't last.

Actually I see this a lot as a reader. It’s not a standard cold read technique.

Offline KotaSwan

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2018, 08:02:07 AM »
Lol this is true and quite funny, actually. It's very easy to drop an anchor line and see the customer hand out info so that the reader can cold read. It's unfortunately very common. However as I've said before, what I have noticed is getting more common are readers who are doom and gloom and tell everyone bad news. If you think about it, telling everyone that their ex won't be back or they won't get the job etc is more likely than the ex coming back and them getting this and that. So it's easier for a reader to give bad news because then people will go "well at least that reader was honest". But were they, or were they just being negative for that reason? Sugarcoating I am no way defending whatsoever, but at least with sugarcoater readers people know not to go back to them again and with forums like these - it's easy to find out fairly quickly if a reader sugarcoats or not. The amount of posts I've seen where people said "this reader said that I wouldn't hear from POI but haha, I heard from them last night", or "this reader predicted that my husband was cheating on me and I found out that it couldn't be further than the truth", is getting more common.

I'm not defending cold reader sugarcoaters, but I think that if the tables are turned - it's just as bad.

same! <3

Offline star1

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 08:03:20 AM »
Lol this is true and quite funny, actually. It's very easy to drop an anchor line and see the customer hand out info so that the reader can cold read. It's unfortunately very common. However as I've said before, what I have noticed is getting more common are readers who are doom and gloom and tell everyone bad news. If you think about it, telling everyone that their ex won't be back or they won't get the job etc is more likely than the ex coming back and them getting this and that. So it's easier for a reader to give bad news because then people will go "well at least that reader was honest". But were they, or were they just being negative for that reason? Sugarcoating I am no way defending whatsoever, but at least with sugarcoater readers people know not to go back to them again and with forums like these - it's easy to find out fairly quickly if a reader sugarcoats or not. The amount of posts I've seen where people said "this reader said that I wouldn't hear from POI but haha, I heard from them last night", or "this reader predicted that my husband was cheating on me and I found out that it couldn't be further than the truth", is getting more common.

I'm not defending cold reader sugarcoaters, but I think that if the tables are turned - it's just as bad.

same! <3

;)

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 03:15:00 PM »
I sense a commitment with children does he have kids?

I feel there was a marriage? Or maybe a divorce?

This isn’t a common cold read technique, maybe based on age? Most clients of mine don’t have kids or married but they tend to be under 35 this is still not a common cold read technique. Could work, because everyone knows someone who got married.

anything