Author Topic: Super Frustrated and Should Know Better  (Read 7749 times)

Offline star1

Re: Super Frustrated and Should Know Better
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 04:42:09 AM »
I'm sorry you had to go through that stilltired. I'll be 41 end of January. I'm very very tired. I just want peace even if it means single for the rest of my life. I'm totally fine with that as long as I don't have that drain anymore. One day, coming very very soon, I will be at the point where you are. I'm 90% there. I'm just really tired, like I said, on a soul level.

@Star1: Yes it's a terrible roller coaster emotionally. Even when you get a mixed negative/positive reading...........more time goes by with nothing happening and then you get another reading..............and then the moment something does happen you then go and get another reading to see what's coming up. I think, as you've said before and many others as well, looking at the behavior of POI in the here and now and reviewing the patterns of said POI from the start to now.......is what we have to go by and make our decisions on that. I don't know. I know that I call because in some twisted way, it helps me get by until I reach the point where I'm done on my own. Maybe that makes me weak but that's what I do. Maybe someday I will find another way. I will start looking.
'

It just becomes a never ending cycle of constant readings, it becomes unhealthy and repetitive and I do think that we have to use logic sometimes and the way that the ex is behaving with us, now. Like, it's hard to believe they care when they're not in contact for so long or are in on and off contact.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 02:30:59 PM »
This happened to me so many times with readings, where I will get this fantastic, on point (or so I thought at the time) reading, and then try again a few weeks later, even with the same reader, and get conflicting info.  I remember feeling so defeated....and sad when that happened, because you basically have to dismiss both readings at that point.

What a waste of time, emotions and money this whole process is!

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 02:34:17 PM »
@stilltired: I completely agree. I wish I would have listened to it 5 years ago. But, because of psychic readings, I didn't. I was talking to other readers besides my go to's at that time. 5 years ago it told me to steer clear and I felt like I knew how he was but I ignored it, made excuses and told myself that it wasn't fair to judge without experiencing first.

7 months ago, my gut said it was the last time I'd see said person again either forever, or for a very long time to come. Not sure if that was just my gut knowing that I'd had enough way back then, or something else. Either way, I felt it so strongly. It's hard for me to get outside of my emotions though and really "hear" my gut. This has always been a problem for me.

Same here...my gut told me all along but I didn't trust it. And I was calling about the same guy for about 5-6 years. I called about other things too and it's not like it was all about him. But I mean, it went on way too long. I listened to what readers said instead of trusting my own instincts, and their advice was all over the place. It was like I was on some horrible roller coaster that flipped me upside down constantly and I lost all sense of where the ground was.

I learned to trust myself a lot more though. It's like finally there was nothing left anymore except this deep, unshakable knowing that this would never work out. I'm not saying that has to be the outcome everyone comes to, but what I mean is eventually all the things readers told you just fall away. And you're left with the essential truth of the situation, whatever that may be.

I used to be really hard on myself, after I listened to some nonsense from a reader or had a binge or otherwise did something I felt stupid about. A lot of us have been there. I regret all of it, but it brought me to where I am now. I am also 40. And all if what happened with readings and my ex is starting to feel like another lifetime ago. I feel like life has other things in store for me now.

OMG yes, this is so damn true and I can so relate!

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 03:57:45 PM »
@sawthelight: Yeah it's really frustrating and then it leads to more readings because now you're trying to get clarity. The stupid thing is, we never get like "real" clarity". It's just a bunch of different people's words thrown into the mix. Who does one believe? The normal go to's or the new one? Lol. I'll stick with my go to's but really, I just need to not have anymore readings about this situation. Stilltired is right...........the readings fall away and something happens within you and you realize certain things. Like, I am now also realizing that "this" is just never going to work out. Mine isn't a case of "Oh he'll go explore and see what the world has to offer and then suddenly realize it's me he wants to be with". This guy is 36 years old. He has the same patterns with me that he did in his 10 year marriage, only different is that I don't have his kids. This guy is addicted to the newness of a situation and that's where it ends and this is a reality I didn't want to face.

I read a meme yesterday on FB that said "A woman's loyalty is tested when a man has nothing. A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything". In my experience, this has been nothing but the truth. I'm the kind of person that hasn't cared if the guy had his life completely together or was in between job and had no material to offer etc. I looked at the heart and mind. That, however, I've come to learn, is a huge mistake for me. This guy has clung on to me for dear life since I was the only one around when no one else was, even his own family members, for the last 5 years. Suddenly, his family steps up and supports him, he gets where he wants, and then I get the cold shoulder and discarded. Granted, the guy keeps in contact once per week but it isn't because he just values me as a person or something. It's because things are still not 100% where he's located and very unstable. He really has opened my eyes this time around. I'm glad he has behaved the way he has for the past 7 months. Now there is NO doubt about what it's really been all about and it just confirmed what I always  felt but wanted to ignore. Gotta trust your gut. I'm also tired of going broke trying to figure him out via psychics. I still feel so angry with myself doing these stupid things.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2018, 04:49:42 PM »
@sawthelight: Yeah it's really frustrating and then it leads to more readings because now you're trying to get clarity. The stupid thing is, we never get like "real" clarity". It's just a bunch of different people's words thrown into the mix. Who does one believe? The normal go to's or the new one? Lol. I'll stick with my go to's but really, I just need to not have anymore readings about this situation. Stilltired is right...........the readings fall away and something happens within you and you realize certain things. Like, I am now also realizing that "this" is just never going to work out. Mine isn't a case of "Oh he'll go explore and see what the world has to offer and then suddenly realize it's me he wants to be with". This guy is 36 years old. He has the same patterns with me that he did in his 10 year marriage, only different is that I don't have his kids. This guy is addicted to the newness of a situation and that's where it ends and this is a reality I didn't want to face.

I read a meme yesterday on FB that said "A woman's loyalty is tested when a man has nothing. A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything". In my experience, this has been nothing but the truth. I'm the kind of person that hasn't cared if the guy had his life completely together or was in between job and had no material to offer etc. I looked at the heart and mind. That, however, I've come to learn, is a huge mistake for me. This guy has clung on to me for dear life since I was the only one around when no one else was, even his own family members, for the last 5 years. Suddenly, his family steps up and supports him, he gets where he wants, and then I get the cold shoulder and discarded. Granted, the guy keeps in contact once per week but it isn't because he just values me as a person or something. It's because things are still not 100% where he's located and very unstable. He really has opened my eyes this time around. I'm glad he has behaved the way he has for the past 7 months. Now there is NO doubt about what it's really been all about and it just confirmed what I always  felt but wanted to ignore. Gotta trust your gut. I'm also tired of going broke trying to figure him out via psychics. I still feel so angry with myself doing these stupid things.

@Miss Philosopher...I so understand...first POI was like this.  I held on for over three years..and we never were even in a relationship, just a weird attachment to one another.  Looking back, all the warning signs were there, but I chose to ignore and kept getting readings that were promising me was going to turn into this whole new person and we were going to be so happy together.  I feel really dumb when I look back too, and the hardest part is coming to terms that I was living in a fantasy world for a lot of that time.  While I had moments of feeling reality hit, I overall kept thinking it would amount to something.  The most depressing part of the whole journey was when I just realized one day, what the heck am I doing?  Would a guy who really sees a future treat me like this?

I do think a lot of his issues were all him, and I have to remind myself not to take it personally, it could have been anyone who was involved with him that would have gotten treated the same way..it's just who he is.

When I was still in contact with him, I always had this nagging feeling in the back of my head that this was going to crash down on my and be a hard lesson for me, but I kept putting off the pain...months later, I'm still dealing with it..sometimes I really think about the whole experience and I almost start to cry.

The good thing is (like stilltired said) you do learn to trust yourself more, which is  a good thing.  The recent guy I was talking to (that also flopped lol) started exhibiting signs that he was also unstable, so I cut him loose right away.  I thought to myself, I'm not going thru this again! 

Offline icloud9

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 06:08:37 PM »
OMG EXACTLY MY POINT!
I get so frustrated every time I read with a new reader and feel more anxiety than before the reading !

That's why I really don't!!!
That's so crazy tho- how she got it accurate the first time but the second time was all wrong. I've seen this to be quite of a pattern amongst KEEN advisors also. I wonder what causes that.

Sorry for your experience and thanks for sharing!! We really gotta stick to the ones that work for us. Lol And get the reading sporadically, not so often. That's what I've learned.

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2018, 06:33:49 PM »
Lol. Yeah next one I even think of getting with is going to have a job that he's been on for years, his own place that he's been in for years, his own vehicle. He can't be fresh out of a divorce or any relationship and he has to have been single for at least a year. He has to be my age or a bit older, as I will never be with another younger man. Although there was only a 5 year age gap, sometimes that can have a huge impact. Men seems to mature a lot slower than women emotionally so yeah, my age or older. I have like this laundry list now and a complete questionnaire. I may also end up doing background checks. I know that sounds insane but that's how damaged I now am. I have some serious trust problems.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 06:38:40 PM »
Lol. Yeah next one I even think of getting with is going to have a job that he's been on for years, his own place that he's been in for years, his own vehicle. He can't be fresh out of a divorce or any relationship and he has to have been single for at least a year. He has to be my age or a bit older, as I will never be with another younger man. Although there was only a 5 year age gap, sometimes that can have a huge impact. Men seems to mature a lot slower than women emotionally so yeah, my age or older. I have like this laundry list now and a complete questionnaire. I may also end up doing background checks. I know that sounds insane but that's how damaged I now am. I have some serious trust problems.

No that doesn't sound insane. Nowadays I think it's a good idea to run a check on someone.

I agree.  I am the type that gets way too emotionally attached, and fast, so before I invest any time or emotions into someone, from this point on, I want to make sure they are worth my time/energy.

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 06:56:53 PM »
I've learned that you can actually tell a lot about a man by his work ethics, rental history, and even credit score. This may sound ridiculous to many but here's why.

I don't focus too much on the credit score but if it's like 4 something, and that man is 35 years of age or older, that's a red flag. That shows irresponsibility and it's highly probable that man hops from place to place to live and also job to job which brings me to my next point. If you meet a man that has a huge employment history list and notice that he only holds jobs down for a few months, or even changes jobs yearly, he's probably also the same with relationships. Unstable, inconsistent, and constantly changing his moods, and his behaviors.

If you meet a man that moves a lot either from apartment to apartment, or other people's houses, etc......it's highly probable that man also doesn't hold down a job, and also won't hold down a relationship. 

Certain behaviors and patterns bleed into ALL areas of life. I will use myself as an example. I've been on my job for 5 years. Prior to that I worked on that job for 3 years and I only changed jobs once I knew I had a new one. I responsibly made the switch and it was because I was miserable at the previous job. I've also worked since I was 15 years old and haven't siphoned off of any strangers or had any men take care of me. I'm loyal to my jobs the same as I am loyal in my relationships and friendships even. I've lived in the same apartment for 14 years. So you can see, I create stability and am able to be stable and loyal in relationships.

Men who hop around with job and home, will also relationship hop. There are men that will stay in the relationship for stability but, not hold down a steady job and will most likely cheat or break up with you often and then get back together so he can do his thing and it technically isn't "cheating".

These are all things I've learned through trial and error and a massive reflection and observation. Maybe I'm wrong. It's just stuff I noticed.

To add a bit to this, these type of unstable men are VERY VERY attracted to the stable females because we give them what they do not give to themselves. The problem is, they trample all over us because they get comfortable and feel safe and then they think they just be an absolute ass, do whatever, and us stable and consistent folks will just be there waiting, not realizing that we too have our limits.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:01:19 PM by Miss Philosopher »

Offline star1

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 07:00:51 PM »
There is nothing wrong with searching someone on Google and doing background checks on them. It is better to be safe than sorry, and I watched a series last year called "My Online Nightmare". People are hard to trust nowadays, lots of men living double lives and if someone wanted to check me online to see if I were genuine, I'd have no qualms about it. Only someone who has something to hide gets defensive of you doing background research of them.

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 07:02:00 PM »
@Star1: I completely agree. Only those who have much to hide would consider you doing a check on them as "insane". Lol

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2018, 07:02:24 PM »
I've learned that you can actually tell a lot about a man by his work ethics, rental history, and even credit score. This may sound ridiculous to many but here's why.

I don't focus too much on the credit score but if it's like 4 something, and that man is 35 years of age or older, that's a red flag. That shows irresponsibility and it's highly probable that man hops from place to place to live and also job to job which brings me to my next point. If you meet a man that has a huge employment history list and notice that he only holds jobs down for a few months, or even changes jobs yearly, he's probably also the same with relationships. Unstable and constantly changing his moods, and his behaviors.

If you meet a man that moves a lot either from apartment to apartment, or other people's houses, etc......it's highly probable that man also doesn't hold down a job, and also won't hold down a relationship. 

Certain behaviors and patterns bleed into ALL areas of life. I will use myself as an example. I've been on my job for 5 years. Prior to that I worked on that job for 3 years and I only changed jobs once I knew I had a new one. I responsibly made the switch and it was because I was miserable at the previous job. I've also worked since I was 15 years old and haven't siphoned off of any strangers or had any men take care of me. I'm loyal to my jobs the same as I am loyal in my relationships and friendships even. I've lived in the same apartment for 14 years. So you can see, I create stability and am able to be stable and loyal in relationships.

Men who hop around with job and home, will also relationship hop. There are men that will stay in the relationship for stability but, not hold down a steady job and will most likely cheat or break up with you often and then get back together so he can do his thing and it technically isn't "cheating".

These are all things I've learned through trial and error and a massive reflection and observation. Maybe I'm wrong. It's just stuff I noticed.

To add a bit to this, these type of unstable men are VERY VERY attracted to the stable females because we give them what they do not give to themselves. The problem is, they trample all over us because they get comfortable and feel safe and then they think they just be an absolute ass, do whatever, and us stable and consistent folks will just be there waiting, not realizing that we too have our limits.

To the extent these kinds of things are repeated patterns rather than one-offs, you're probably right. People do these things -- for the most part -- because of basic personality traits that are reflected in many areas of their lives.

There may be some exceptions of course ... sometimes when you start off with a bad break, it can be hard to recover and it spirals from there. Other jobs may lend themselves to transiency, like if you're a waitress, even at a high-end restaurant, you may move around more often than someone else would. But otherwise, yeah I agree.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:12:57 PM by journalmuse »

Offline star1

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2018, 07:05:20 PM »
@Star1: I completely agree. Only those who have much to hide would consider you doing a check on them as "insane". Lol

Yeah and your comment about looking at someone's track record of jobs and relationships is true. A guy who can't keep a job down shows he is quite unstable and not sensible. A mature guy is a man who works and is sensible, isn't constantly in and out of jobs and can be stable and sustainable.

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2018, 07:14:57 PM »
@journalemuse: Yeah. That's what I mean. It has to be an actual pattern. I do understand that life happens and people lose jobs, places to live, etc. and may even have just one long difficult period. I'm just talking about those men that seem to never get their stuff straight past a certain age.

I have a few examples to share and after much reflection it's how I came to my conclusion.

1 of my exes that was with for 6 years back in my 20's was living with a much much older woman and told me she was his mother's friend. I had no reason to believe otherwise. I didn't know even a quarter of stuff back then that I know now. Nevertheless, he didn't work, he sold drugs. I then began to experience that he was the type that looked for women to use for money and materials. He got clothes, cars, jewelry, just all kinds of things. He never worked at all. He hopped from place to place to stay as well.

A male friend that I used to have, totally platonic, that I'm still friends with and have known for 9 years now, hops from job to job, place to place, and has tons of relationships that don't last. It isn't because he's a player though. It's because he's simply too lazy to put the proper efforts into anything.

Another of my exes did work his ass off. BUT, he also hopped from job to job because he demanded more money for his experience. He also hopped from home to home and even state to state for work. He is married, however, he cheats on his wife.

My current ex is 36 years old. He was married for 10 years with 2 kids. He didn't hold down a job for long the entire time he was married. He also cheated on his wife several times. She also cheated on him but she worked her ass off and still does. As long as I've know him, since 2011, and have been involved with him on the relationship area for the last 5 years, he's been very inconsistent, didn't hold down jobs for long at all, and cheated (not sexually) but always needed constant attention and his "affairs" never last more than a month or two. He's very codependent and very lazy. His credit score is 483. He now hops from room to room in another state, and will hop from job to job. His mother financially supports him and has been for the past 7 months so she's enabling his laziness. He will never have stability without a woman of some sort.

So you see, these aren't cases of life just happening, rather behavioral patterns that bleed into all areas of their lives and they do nothing to change it, most likely because they haven't taken the time to see their own patterns.

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »
@Stilltired: I have lacked common sense for the majority of my life apparently. Lol. These are realizations and conclusions I've come to since dealing with this current situation. So I guess it wasn't all for not. Good lessons for me. Lol.

anything