Author Topic: Now what?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Just FYI

Now what?
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:09:36 PM »
I am having a super anxiety day between some social drama with friends, waiting on a contract to be signed, and engaging a new client (and worrying about how to spell out terms and conditions).

I am proud of myself for NOT calling, but instead I've been a crazy woman  :o:
  • Eaten every snack possible, even though I'm not hungry
  • Went for a really long walk
  • Journaled
  • Drank lots of tea
  • Then had to pee a lot  ::)
  • Read another chapter in my book
  • Return to pantry to look for snacks...

I am also trying to remind myself that if I call, I'm not going to get any insight. I won't know when the contract will be signed. I don't know what other people think, but it's probably not about me. I don't know what terms my potential client would consider until I talk to them. All I can do is my best to prepare, and perhaps I could focus on that instead of what I'm going to snack on next!

Offline Hillcam

Re: Now what?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 10:25:01 PM »
Try to stay busy and keep your mind off of everything that’s worrying you. Finish housework if you’ve got any, meditate, etc.

Offline njlady

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 05:32:14 PM »
Do push-ups.  You can't eat if both of your hands are holding up your body weight. 

Offline LAW1974

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »
Do push-ups.  You can't eat if both of your hands are holding up your body weight.

LOL!   I was looking for the laughing emotion but there doesnt seem to be one, (not posting from phone)

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 01:56:12 PM »

Love this... I have a chin-up bar for this purpose, but push-ups can work too!  ;)

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 02:02:34 PM »

- Something I have to remind myself again and again: Peoples thoughts are none of my business. They’re just not. This one seems harsh but respecting my boundaries sanity and individuality my every waking thoughts are sometimes just garbage and nonsense. My actions speak louder about the person I am. The same for my loved ones. Their every waking thoughts about me isn’t my business, it isn’t personal, their actions will speak of how they “feel” about me.

This is so true! I started feeling differently about asking how people think about me when I thought about how I'd feel if the tables were turned. I value my privacy and realized it's not anyone else's business what I really think of them. Personally, I can't stand drama where someone accuses me of thinking X about them when really I don't think that about them at all! While I try, try, TRY to remind myself that I want to respect my own boundaries and others' boundaries by not invading their private thoughts with a psychic reading, it's SO HARD.

Every time I don't seek out psychic insights, it's a little more of a test into living life and taking interactions at face value.

anything