Author Topic: I have a little tiny kitten on my chest  (Read 1446 times)

Offline journalmuse

I have a little tiny kitten on my chest
« on: November 23, 2018, 03:18:21 AM »
I rescue cats. It's been a marathon few months with foster kittens and cats in and out of my house almost constantly. I thought I was done for a while, but ... I woke up to a message from a neighbor that there's a little kitten under her porch. Where I live, tonight's low is 19 F. Very cold. I couldn't stand the thought of some little thing alone and cold.

So I hauled myself up, on Thanksgiving, and went and caught the little kitten, and its mom. Now the mom is in my bathroom, awaiting going to the vet to get shots etc. And the little kitten is asleep on my chest, snuggled inside my hoodie.

This poor little dirty cold ragamuffin is now a little furry warm pile on my chest. And for right now, everything feels OK, even though everything is still broken. I'm not sure why, but it felt important to say that. So thanks for listening.

Here's a picture.

Offline poorprincess

Re: I have a little tiny kitten on my chest
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 04:10:26 AM »
Awwwww the sweetest!! Sending you hugs, here's hoping that what's broken is soon mended in the best way possible for you. <3 :)

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 04:14:32 AM »
Are you sure there weren't more kittens?

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 04:25:44 AM »
Are you sure there weren't more kittens?

No, in fact I'm pretty sure there probably are. Where there's one, there's usually more. I put out a bunch of traps but didn't get anyone else.

I'm concerned that the mom was possibly in the middle of moving the litter, but there's no real way to know. I'll be back out tomorrow trying to trap any stragglers.

It's possible that this cat isn't the mom at all. I haven't been able to get a great look at her belly but she doesn't appear to have big pendulous milk sacs, so their being in the same place could be coincidental and the kitten just wandered under a porch somehow.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 04:29:56 AM by journalmuse »

Offline star1

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 06:26:17 AM »
So cute 😍

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 01:31:20 PM »
Thank you everyone!

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 02:01:00 PM »
So beautiful, bless you for doing that...my dream is to work with an animal rescue one day. Such a rewarding experience.