Author Topic: Breaking a habit for a 3rd time...  (Read 5037 times)

11jlady

Re: Breaking a habit for a 3rd time...
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 08:48:36 PM »
Just watched that video. I needed that. I will watch it 1,000 more times.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:11:34 AM by 11jlady »

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 09:51:35 PM »
@lljlady, the video can help and I wonder if you can try doing something to occupy yourself when the urge to call a psychic hits? It's not easy to find something that makes you stop, but I've found that if I can distract myself for 15-20 minutes, the urge decreases. It also helped to get my Keen account shut down. Some things that help me, which might help you -
- listen to a podcast episode and tell myself I can't make any phone calls until the episode is over
- go outside for a walk, even a 3 minute walk down the street and back can help
- do a timed 10 minute meditation - I use Calm
- start a journal and answer this question every time you feel the urge "why I feel like calling a psychic but shouldn't"
- drink a full glass of water (I started doing this when I realized that I feel fake hungry because I'm so anxious)

I won't lie, it isn't easy. I realized that instead of the things I've listed above (which actually work for me), it's a lot easier for me to crush my emotions with food. Not a good practice. I've gained 10 lbs in the last year, struggling to break this addiction. While 10 lbs doesn't sound like a lot, it is for me. I'm very short.  ::)

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 02:58:37 PM »
Thinking this morning, as I learned one of my go-to psychics on Keen died last month. I hadn’t had a reading on Keen in months but (please don’t judge) I would still read comments on my readers’ pages. I noticed that this reader had taken her page down but I chalked it up to her possibly realizing Keen wasn’t as lucrative as it had been before changes in the fee structure.

A small part of me also wondered if it’s because I had cut back, she was making a lot of money on me. I talked to her A LOT. Like sometimes multiple times a week. There were times I just called her out of anxiety. It wasn’t really for her psychic ability, I was needy. When you call anyone that much, you develop a relationship of sorts. I knew where she lived, some details about her family. Like I said, we talked A LOT. Some of my “readings” were her telling me I needed to grow some confidence in myself because everything would just be ok. I needed to trust myself. She didn’t go so far to say I should stop get readings, which wouldn’t have been her role anyway.

Fast forward to this morning - I googled her name and city where she lives and found her obituary. It’s kind of weird seeing that someone I talked to so often died without my knowing. I’m not mourning so much as I’m reflecting and thinking about what it means when you rely so much on a stranger, who ultimately you have no real connection with.

Offline Snow-white8

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2019, 05:28:54 PM »
Thinking this morning, as I learned one of my go-to psychics on Keen died last month. I hadn’t had a reading on Keen in months but (please don’t judge) I would still read comments on my readers’ pages. I noticed that this reader had taken her page down but I chalked it up to her possibly realizing Keen wasn’t as lucrative as it had been before changes in the fee structure.

A small part of me also wondered if it’s because I had cut back, she was making a lot of money on me. I talked to her A LOT. Like sometimes multiple times a week. There were times I just called her out of anxiety. It wasn’t really for her psychic ability, I was needy. When you call anyone that much, you develop a relationship of sorts. I knew where she lived, some details about her family. Like I said, we talked A LOT. Some of my “readings” were her telling me I needed to grow some confidence in myself because everything would just be ok. I needed to trust myself. She didn’t go so far to say I should stop get readings, which wouldn’t have been her role anyway.

Fast forward to this morning - I googled her name and city where she lives and found her obituary. It’s kind of weird seeing that someone I talked to so often died without my knowing. I’m not mourning so much as I’m reflecting and thinking about what it means when you rely so much on a stranger, who ultimately you have no real connection with.

Thank you for posting this - I too have been there with that kind of relationship but I can imagine the emotions/thoughts that would come if the person passed.  I do think the ethical ones though will discourage you from calling them so much, they would refer you to a therapist or at least tell you you need to stop calling.  I read the profile of the bitwine psychic - moon pixie/angel readings and I respect that she writes in her profile to wait at least 3 weeks between readings. I’ve seen that in others profiles too, they strongly discourage frequent/multiple readings, and some won’t read for you if you’re binge reading.  I think itd be healthy for them to still communicate with you and send you a message saying they can read for you a later time and not cut you off completely. I do think some readers take advantage of callers and start sharing things about their own lives while they’re eating up your minutes.   Financial health is important too and they can recommend less financially draining resources if they sense you need it and it’s in your higher good.

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 09:42:14 PM »
Thanks Snow White. The anxiety is so overwhelming at times. I don’t blame psychics for not telling me  to scale back my calling. Sure, there are many analogies on this board calling them predatory, and sure they may be... but ultimately it’s on me for having made all those phone calls.

Offline Snow-white8

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 02:58:35 AM »
Thanks Snow White. The anxiety is so overwhelming at times. I don’t blame psychics for not telling me  to scale back my calling. Sure, there are many analogies on this board calling them predatory, and sure they may be... but ultimately it’s on me for having made all those phone calls.

Definitely we have to take responsibility but I agree the anxiety can be overwhelming forsure, and it just got me thinking... that may be why some of the readers block people before they can actually call, because maybe they sense they're binge reading/addicted/overwhelmed with anxiety and their soul doesn't want to encourage that? Hmmmm..... just pondering.  I know it wouldn't apply to every situation.   Thats why I like that there are so many people on here who are supportive and will say they are here for people who need someone to talk to.  I am too, if anyone needs someone to talk to.  Sometimes you just need someone to talk to and tell you that its going to be ok.  Sometimes friends cant give you that for whatever reason.   

Side note  - I just watched that Russel Brand vid - Love it!!! Thank you njlady

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 05:27:47 PM »
Ha! I like your theory Snow... can certainly relate to those psychics. I had a friend who was constantly dumping her anxiety on me. I have enough of my own anxiety to deal with! Guess you know why I say I HAD a friend who did that. I slowly dropped her after confronting her about it. She couldn’t help herself.

anything