Author Topic: Speaking to a medium  (Read 5202 times)

Offline Dreamer23

Speaking to a medium
« on: October 18, 2018, 01:28:10 PM »
I wasn't sure where to put this thread...I hope this is the right place.
I am wondering what your experience has been with speaking to a medium. I have a medium that I speak with sometimes and with some things she is extremely accurate but other things she tells me I'm like...hmmm...

So I don't know if she is good at cold reading about the things she tells me that are accurate. I also wonder what if the dead spirits she contacts are not great spirits and they want to mess with me by giving me weird information?

It is confusing because some information I think it is very spot on, but the rest is a bit questionable. Also there was never any validation from the medium that the people that came through were people I knew in my life.

The inaccurate things this medium got were about my personality (she said I am loud and outgoing, and I am more reserved and quiet) and she described the possible future wife of POI (why would I need to know this information?) and a possible future husband for me (who, based on the description, did not sound like someone I would totally go for)...but other things seemed accurate like POI's personality (although she knew our history because I told her, could someone infer from that?). Also she described the dead person, one of them, that came through, and the suit he was wearing and his name and what decade he was from...obviously stuff I could never verify, but it creeped me out a bit.

Soooooo...I am just wondering what your experience has been with mediums and how much of what they relay to you in terms of information is stuff that you can rely on.

Offline star1

Re: Speaking to a medium
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
Hmm.. It's hard with mediums because as stated - they can be so generic and are good at cold readings with throwing out names etc.

My best readings with mediums are in person I'd say, in actual spiritualist churches or just one on one with them. Not many phone readers have been able to give me specifics, but most people who have died in my family died when I was really young, so I can't validate anyway much. When my parents pass or others close to me, I'll be able to answer better on that, as I get asked it often.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 02:04:26 PM »
Hmm.. It's hard with mediums because as stated - they can be so generic and are good at cold readings with throwing out names etc.

My best readings with mediums are in person I'd say, in actual spiritualist churches or just one on one with them. Not many phone readers have been able to give me specifics, but most people who have died in my family died when I was really young, so I can't validate anyway much. When my parents pass or others close to me, I'll be able to answer better on that, as I get asked it often.

Ahh, that's a good point. I think mediums in person are probably more accurate. Yea it's hard to tell sometimes if someone is really good at cold reading or they might be picking up some things but it may be hard to interpret them?

Offline star1

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 02:07:58 PM »

Ahh, that's a good point. I think mediums in person are probably more accurate. Yea it's hard to tell sometimes if someone is really good at cold reading or they might be picking up some things but it may be hard to interpret them?

Exactly. I also think mediums can be taken more seriously in person than over the phone, if you get what I mean? I remember last year having an OK validation from a medium. She said your Grandmother's coming through asking why you haven't been burning your candles and incense lately. I had been feeling low and not motivated to do much, and she gave me a bit of telling off telling me to carry on burning them, lol.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 02:23:33 PM »

Exactly. I also think mediums can be taken more seriously in person than over the phone, if you get what I mean? I remember last year having an OK validation from a medium. She said your Grandmother's coming through asking why you haven't been burning your candles and incense lately. I had been feeling low and not motivated to do much, and she gave me a bit of telling off telling me to carry on burning them, lol.

Oh, that's good validation wow. I love that kinda stuff. My grandma came through this reading and said she was blowing me kisses and telling me that she loves me. Which is so general. It was interesting in this reading because the medium did not pick up on the main issue that I was calling about. She was telling me how my guides are helping me in my career and I said I want to talk about my personal life. And she goes: what about your personal life? The guides are not saying anything. And my personal life is the biggest concern I have right now and the biggest turmoil in my life...so how come they did not pick up on that?

Offline star1

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 02:45:22 PM »

Oh, that's good validation wow. I love that kinda stuff. My grandma came through this reading and said she was blowing me kisses and telling me that she loves me. Which is so general. It was interesting in this reading because the medium did not pick up on the main issue that I was calling about. She was telling me how my guides are helping me in my career and I said I want to talk about my personal life. And she goes: what about your personal life? The guides are not saying anything. And my personal life is the biggest concern I have right now and the biggest turmoil in my life...so how come they did not pick up on that?

Hmm that's not good enough.. Either they couldn't connect to you, or they were just a crap reader.

Offline whskers

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »
I don’t think mediums are the best for predictions?  They’re more connecting with people who passed away? The couple of mediums I spoke to were really really spot on and they know a lot of things that is very specific to my loved ones who passed away. One gave a prediction but it’s years away.. so I don’t know about predictions.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 03:51:15 PM »
I don’t think mediums are the best for predictions?  They’re more connecting with people who passed away? The couple of mediums I spoke to were really really spot on and they know a lot of things that is very specific to my loved ones who passed away. One gave a prediction but it’s years away.. so I don’t know about predictions.

I think that's the best way to use a medium, to connect with those who crossed over. I was using her more as life guidance from the spirit world. But not a lot was picked up, especially in terms of what I am going through in my life, which makes me wonder...maybe they didn't want to give me guidance?

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »
I tend to view mediums only for speaking to passed on loved ones. But that may be a narrow view, admittedly.

There is one medium I have spoken to for that purpose, and she was shockingly accurate. Like gave me goosebumps accurate. Brought up my grandmother's name and my great aunt's initial, and other things to validate their personalities and my history with them, with not much from me except asking if I had any spirit guidance from passed over loved ones around me.

Offline whskers

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 08:50:01 PM »
I have the same experience with a couple of mediums. Described my loved ones that no one would know. Even know names of the people who passed away and people still living. One gave me a prediction. But has not happen yet.  But if you need guidance, you probably need to do more research of people’s experience with them. Each psychic/medium reading approach is different.

I will speak to a medium next January but I think she uses mediumship for guidance. So I can’t speak about that yet.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:51:06 AM by whskers »

Offline star1

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 09:13:00 PM »
I had a psychic medium who predicted a few things for me, too, that was quite accurate. However, it was a local face-to-face reader.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 12:24:58 PM »
Thank you for sharing your experiences. This is helpful.

I had someone tell me once: why would I look for spiritual guidance from dead people? I don't know...sometimes I think about that. What do the spirits know and is it the same as seeking guidance from angels?

Offline whskers

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 03:47:52 PM »
Thank you for sharing your experiences. This is helpful.

I had someone tell me once: why would I look for spiritual guidance from dead people? I don't know...sometimes I think about that. What do the spirits know and is it the same as seeking guidance from angels?

Yeah for sure some of them do give you guidance from your loved ones who passed away. But you have to do your research and choose the right medium. Most medium just connects you to them, not so much prediction or guidance. I know this one lady up in New York who gives guidance through mediumship (I have not read with her).  The one I went to gave like 5 mins of guidance (I’m not 100% positive but I think her predictions may be starting to manifest now but I can’t say yet. but my main goal was really to communicate to the person who passed away). The other medium did not give guidance at all but she was super accurate. Like, only people who read the police report accurate. Won’t go into any details.

Offline njlady

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 02:33:53 AM »
I wasn't sure where to put this thread...I hope this is the right place.
I am wondering what your experience has been with speaking to a medium. I have a medium that I speak with sometimes and with some things she is extremely accurate but other things she tells me I'm like...hmmm...

So I don't know if she is good at cold reading about the things she tells me that are accurate. I also wonder what if the dead spirits she contacts are not great spirits and they want to mess with me by giving me weird information?

It is confusing because some information I think it is very spot on, but the rest is a bit questionable. Also there was never any validation from the medium that the people that came through were people I knew in my life.

The inaccurate things this medium got were about my personality (she said I am loud and outgoing, and I am more reserved and quiet) and she described the possible future wife of POI (why would I need to know this information?) and a possible future husband for me (who, based on the description, did not sound like someone I would totally go for)...but other things seemed accurate like POI's personality (although she knew our history because I told her, could someone infer from that?). Also she described the dead person, one of them, that came through, and the suit he was wearing and his name and what decade he was from...obviously stuff I could never verify, but it creeped me out a bit.

Soooooo...I am just wondering what your experience has been with mediums and how much of what they relay to you in terms of information is stuff that you can rely on.

Mediums are very different than regular psychics.  All mediums are psychic, not all psychics are mediums.  Psychics tune into your energy, mediums tune into the energy of spirit.  Many mediums will only work with spirit. Frankly, those are the best to go to if you want a mediumship reading.  They use their gifts (clairaudience, etc) and their vibration to communicate with spirit, not with you.  They don't bother with the "when is he going to call" nonsense.

A medium doesn't need to see you, touch you or know anything about you. They can read blindfolded. You need to be close enough for them to connect to what is around you.  Some people can do this by phone or skype, others prefer that you be seated across or next to them. What you say should be limited to an acknowledgement word (like yes), a no, or I don't know.  If the medium needs clarification on something, they will ask.  It's ok to tell them.   Mediums are repeating what spirit tells them, so there is no wrong.  Sometimes a medium can misinterpret a meaning or the significance of something, but what is shown is shown, what is felt is felt, what is heard is heard and so on.

Mediums that are for real give evidence.  They will tell you things that no one else knows or something that they could not possibly know from any other source.  A shared memory.  Something you or they discussed.  Who was there when they died or who wasn't there when they died.  Something in their home or yours.  A favorite object.  A hobby.  Their wife left them the day they told her they were sick.  A special date.  Your wedding dress ripped while you were dancing.  Unique cause of death.  Occupation.  Your yorkie that died 20 years ago.  Their favorite ice cream.  Names.  Names may not always be people you know.  They could be someone is spirits life that you did not know, childhood friend, the milkman, whatever.  It's not coming from the medium, it's coming from spirit.  Some mediums shy away from giving names altogether because when some people don't recognize them, they are quick to forget the other 37 correct things the medium just told them and latch on to the "well I don't know anyone named Lucas" train. Other mediums will just let the names fly as they get them. Whatever spirit says or shows, they say. It's not ego based.

You also don't know every single detail from every day about the people in your lives, living and dead. You may not know Dad was a toy train buff but sold them all to buy Mom that engagement ring in 1967, so when the medium is saying "He's showing me his toy train collection" say "I don't know", not "WTF" and maybe go home and ask someone who knew Dad way back when.   With an evidential medium you really won't be wondering if they are for real anyway. There will be enough solid hits to know you have communicated with a loved one. It won't matter that your parents are alive or whatever.  Even if you never met your grandmother, she still comes around you and your parent and can give evidence of that to the medium.  Grandma saw you all at the wedding last month. It's not always family that shows up either.   

Not everyone that comes through will be someone you personally know or even know about, and that's ok.  They have their own reasons.  Listen and thank them. Sometimes they are paving the way for someone else.  You won't ever have just one around you. 

Spirits don't give predictions.  They may give you a go-ahead, their blessing, say they are with you as in guiding you or even a caution, but they absolutely 100% do not hang around for 30 minutes giving you contact in a 3 and a 2 and saying he's going to call you.  They do not give a shit.  They have no issues with letting you make your own mistakes either. They love you and will often help you, but will let you make the same stupid mistake over and over until you learn.  They aren't fixers. 

Sometimes a medium will not be able to connect from the get-go for whatever reason.  Literally no one will come through.  When that happens, you are handed back your money and referred to someone else. It happens.

Very few mediums work on phone lines because people don't call for mediumship.  They all want to know "when is he going to call".  My friend who reads on Keen had "no relationship or love questions, I am a medium only" on her listing for years and that didn't stop people.  You won't get the same depth in a reading as you would with a medium who refuses anything other than mediumship.  It's unfortunate that people don't honor that request on the phone, but in person it's very easy to vet people because you aren't worried about one stars or other bullshit.  No one calls a plumber when they need their roof redone, but they won't think twice about calling a medium when they need a tarot reading.

Anyone who give a "reading" that consists of "your mom is blowing you kisses" is full of shit.  An actual reading would have things in it like "Your mother is showing me her huge purple formosas on each side of the front steps" and other things before she gave any type of message.   

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 04:56:53 PM »
Hi njlady, thank you so much for this post. This clarifies a lot. A few years ago I had a reading with a medium who got in touch with my grandma and during the reading the medium said the name of the guy I had feelings for. I was so shocked.

This last reading I had, she couldn't pick up at all on anything like that...nothing about my personal life unless I asked her and gave her some details about it. Then it seemed like she was tuning in, but she could have also been cold reading.

I agree that she didn't give a lot of detail about my grandma. Overall I think this medium I spoke to might have some ability but might also be skilled at cold reading to "fill in" information.