Author Topic: The Tower for Current Situation, help?  (Read 2447 times)

Offline user5942

The Tower for Current Situation, help?
« on: October 15, 2018, 12:20:45 PM »
Hi, everyone!

I am continuing to learn the Tarot (:

I did a reading for my friend and would like to know your interpretations.

She would like to know the outcome of a situation with her ex (I.E., is he coming back). They haven't spoken in months but there relationship was off and on and had heavy physical chemistry.

Card 1 = Current Situation = The Tower = is there going to be change? Sex? Not sure with this. Was he literally masturbating as I was doing the reading?
Card 2 = Challenge to Situation =Knight of Wands = is ex going to swoop in out of nowhere due to sexual desires and attraction?
Card 3 = Advice for Situation = Magician. She should have control and speak her mind?
Card 4 = Outcome = 4 of Pentacles = One person will have their upper hand and have the relationship by their terms? Possessiveness?

Any suggestions are helpful (:

Offline star1

Re: The Tower for Current Situation, help?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 01:16:45 PM »
Hi User. The issue with tarot is that it can have so many meanings and reversed meanings. 4 of pentacles seems to be a card where someone is selfish and using things to their gain, manipulative and not the best card. But someone else might possibly see it in other ways. It depends what "feeling" you get from the cards. I don't know how gifted you are and intuitive, but that's why it's easier for psychic readers to use it because they know what the card is supposed to mean for them if you get what I mean? Lenormand cards seem pretty cool because they're a black and white answer (I've heard brutal) pack to read from.

Offline user5942

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 01:19:40 PM »
Just asking what you think about this reading (:

That’s all! Do you read?

Offline star1

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 01:26:25 PM »
Just asking what you think about this reading (:

That’s all! Do you read?

I wish I did read, I don't. I'm no expert don't get me wrong, but those cards don't sound exactly positive. It's hard to say, because of the reversed meanings. Some are negative and the magician could mean that better things are to come in. I'm unsure. I wish I could help.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 01:43:35 PM »
Hi, everyone!

She would like to know the outcome of a situation with her ex (I.E., is he coming back). They haven't spoken in months but there relationship was off and on and had heavy physical chemistry.

Card 1 = Current Situation = The Tower = is there going to be change? Sex? Not sure with this. Was he literally masturbating as I was doing the reading?
Card 2 = Challenge to Situation =Knight of Wands = is ex going to swoop in out of nowhere due to sexual desires and attraction?
Card 3 = Advice for Situation = Magician. She should have control and speak her mind?
Card 4 = Outcome = 4 of Pentacles = One person will have their upper hand and have the relationship by their terms? Possessiveness?

Tower usually means a major disruption of some kind, could be in his life or in hers.  I had this card come up several times (with different readers) when I read this past spring on a past POI..and it didn't even relate to my situation with him, it was actually related to my job..a major disruption.  So sometimes tarot gives advice that we need to know and it doesn't always relate to what we asked if that makes sense.

Offline user5942

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »
Thank you so much! I don’t read reversals, only up right (:

Just looking to see others thoughts since I have barely seen the Tower in my readings
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:58:17 PM by user5942 »

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 02:53:14 PM »
Hi, everyone!

Current situation, one of them had an "ah ha" moment that changed the way they view the situation. And yes you can read it as sexual, but i don't feel that's the case in this context. This is more about massive change.
Challenge, Knight of wands, he's wanting to sow his wild oats,
Advice,  use manifestation to obtain what you want, be the magician in your own life.  You have the ability to change things.
Outcome,  someone is holding on too tightly, so that could be suffocating the situation, being overly self protective.  If this was a current relationship, i could see it as not wanting to let it go. But because this is a past relationship, i see it as more self protective and not wanting to let someone in.
With the magician at the end and the 4 of pents it looks like the person needs to change their thinking and use manifestation techniques as way to open up the situation.  I would have drawn an additional card on that 4 of pents for clarification

Offline user5942

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 03:12:21 PM »
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 11:08:41 PM »
Aquagirl has given you a good interpretation of these cards. The Tower is rarely viewed as a good card in any spread. It's often referred to as the worst card in the deck because it's of its unexpected, earth shattering and often irreversible nature.  Even at its mildest interpretation, it's like a plant that's roots have outgrown a clay pot. The pot shatters and there's no stuffing it back in.

The knight of wands can be a very positive card, but here with the magician, it looks more like the negative aspects are being highlighted. I would concur with the wild oats interpretation. In a relationship reading the Magician often refers to a guy that's all about slight of hand and he's about as trust worthy as a used car salesman. The 4 of pentacles in a relationship reading refers to someone whose clinging onto to someone more than they should.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 02:47:58 AM »
Aquagirl has given you a good interpretation of these cards. The Tower is rarely viewed as a good card in any spread. It's often referred to as the worst card in the deck because it's of its unexpected, earth shattering and often irreversible nature.  Even at its mildest interpretation, it's like a plant that's roots have outgrown a clay pot. The pot shatters and there's no stuffing it back in.

The knight of wands can be a very positive card, but here with the magician, it looks more like the negative aspects are being highlighted. I would concur with the wild oats interpretation. In a relationship reading the Magician often refers to a guy that's all about slight of hand and he's about as trust worthy as a used car salesman. The 4 of pentacles in a relationship reading refers to someone whose clinging onto to someone more than they should.

I respectfully disagree especially about the tower card.  The tower card can mean many things like crazy sexual attraction, sex, masturbation, ah ha moment, realizing that you always thought you want one thing and then someone presents something different that you never thought you’d like and realize it’s exac what you need.  It also means that the foundation shook but didn’t break, only the weak aspects fell apart while the rest stays standing allowing to rebuild something stronger.  Seasoned tarot readers don’t usually view this card as the worst actually we don’t view any card as the worst as there is light and dark with every card and the same card can be read differ r ways depending on the question, situation and surrounding cards.
The magician can be viewed as a con man with supporting cards, but he is also a selfless, intelligent fellow. Who is skilled at what he does and has the ability to make things happen as if it were by magic.  In this instance as advice it’s not about the dude but the skills need to acquire what you desire.  That knight which I normally don’t see as a player type, but as a challenge he is still not fully matured and wanting to see what’s out there before settling down. He can in a positive position be a loyal Firesign male.  That four of pents can also mean that someone is holding on to past grudges and hurts and not wanting to let them go. 

In this Instant I would be applying advice to the outcome.  I’ve been reading tarot for a very very long time.  It’s import for you to keep a journal of what things mean to you, because when you pull it’ll be based on the energy that you know to be the meanings and that’s what most important.  If you go into a FB group and ask about a spread you’ll get dozens of different readings on the same cards. Which can become confusing for new readers. It’s important to create meanings that resonate with you.  I’m offering my perspective from years of reading, but if this doesn’t resonate with you and something else does, by all means go with what speaks to you, go with your gut.  Doing this for practice and learning is wonderful and important, but it’s just as important that find a system of meanings that resonate with you.

anything