Author Topic: What's the most annoying thread here?  (Read 11115 times)

Offline journalmuse

What's the most annoying thread here?
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:24:52 PM »
Tongue in cheek title for this thread, because I'm so tired of people posting topics like this:

Who's the best psychic?
Who's the most accurate psychic?
Who is best at predicting the weather?

Just read through the threads, JFC.

Offline Fidget1028

Re: What's the most annoying thread here?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA!! I have nothing to add but my laughter...

Offline star1

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:31:06 PM »
Lol. "The psychic forecast thread".

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 07:05:11 PM »
Tongue in cheek title for this thread, because I'm so tired of people posting topics like this:

Who's the best psychic?
Who's the most accurate psychic?
Who is best at predicting the weather?

Just read through the threads, JFC.

SO fuuuuuuny and so true.
I hate the multiple heading threads: Yona/Aries/Cookie/Flash/WonderWoman/CapAmerica

Offline bstalling

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
LOL its new users trying to figure things out. Dont worry, in time they will figure out that almost everyone sucks.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 07:10:07 PM »
LOL its new users trying to figure things out. Dont worry, in time they will figure out that almost everyone sucks.

yep !

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 07:36:44 PM »

ditto

Offline LAW1974

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 01:56:26 AM »
IM new and have zero desire to start a fight with anyone...  I lurked and did not post for a very long time first:)

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 02:20:58 AM »
I think the ones that bother me most are the ones in the wrong category.

The ‘Keen’ category shouldn’t be filled with threads about reasons you’re frustrated with psychics in general. That’s what ‘The Vent’ is for. Lol

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 01:24:53 PM »
The most annoying thread ever was the Sincerity thread, back when she was getting a lot of hype (now, crickets!) In general whenever people get really starry-eyed or defensive over a reader they like, it is really annoying. 

Seeing new people who haven't figured out how much all the readers suck yet is just sad.

I agree, it's all part of the denial process I think. 

Offline star1

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 06:44:01 PM »
I know what you mean about people getting defensive about readers they like. It's because they can't handle hearing something negative about a reader who's given them good news, it's frustrating when they can't accept that not every reader works for everybody.

Offline star1

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 04:35:23 AM »
I know what you mean about people getting defensive about readers they like. It's because they can't handle hearing something negative about a reader who's given them good news, it's frustrating when they can't accept that not every reader works for everybody.

Yeah...and it's so obvious they are in denial. If not then it wouldn't matter, I mean if you KNOW that things are working out well with a reader then why would it matter if someone else had a bad experience? I think people lose all oerspective, if you compare it to something like reviewing a toaster oven, then why would you ever get upset at someone because their toaster oven caught on fire and almost burned the house down? If a reading/reader sucks for someone, it just is what it is, and seems like the point of a review forum is so we can all hear about it.

Then another one is when someone says a reader got things wrong for them, or every reader got it wrong, and they start nitpicking what the person says to twist it around so the readers were right after all. Because they are that desperate to believe. Again, if you know your own readings are working out, it wouldn't matter. But it always matters because all readings really do is leave us in doubt.

Lol, I can see what the basis of your username is for, now! Still Tired of some of the bs from this site  ;D There are definitely a few users who get very defensive of readers and whenever one negative comments is made, it's easy to spot them from a mile away when they rush onto the forum to defend the said reader like they're the Queen. And second one is a valid point, too!

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 04:46:02 PM »

Yeah...and it's so obvious they are in denial. If not then it wouldn't matter, I mean if you KNOW that things are working out well with a reader then why would it matter if someone else had a bad experience? I think people lose all oerspective, if you compare it to something like reviewing a toaster oven, then why would you ever get upset at someone because their toaster oven caught on fire and almost burned the house down? If a reading/reader sucks for someone, it just is what it is, and seems like the point of a review forum is so we can all hear about it.

Then another one is when someone says a reader got things wrong for them, or every reader got it wrong, and they start nitpicking what the person says to twist it around so the readers were right after all. Because they are that desperate to believe. Again, if you know your own readings are working out, it wouldn't matter. But it always matters because all readings really do is leave us in doubt.

YES!  I also find this when I read feedback for readers on sites..even though I haven't been on Keen in years, I still look through FB of some of the readers I used to read with and I see the SAME people still waiting for their predictions..it's like oh man, come on..you can't possibly be this naive??  at what point do you give up on a reader and realize they were bullshitting you??  LIterally YEARS later!

Offline bstalling

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 04:59:03 PM »
Yeah, the defending a reader to the death is a huge annoyance. I'm not talking about just posting your perspective/positive experience. Its telling the other person their experience
was wrong and how dare you malign this gifted reader bs!

Turning around your bad review and pointing out how the psychic was right afterall was hugely annoying. Or trying to paint you as crazy. It happened on that other forum a lot, it was ridiculous. I know we can become desperate sometimes, but please!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:01:18 PM by bstalling »

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 05:07:49 PM »
You know I went to the other forum for a while but not that much, it sounds like an ... interesting ... place.