Author Topic: My Story: Turning to psychics for closure after a painful friend breakup.  (Read 1849 times)

Offline msavocado96

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 07:56:55 PM by msavocado96 »

Offline maroonlight

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this, and I 100% know it how it feels as I've gone through this with the psychics 3 times.

In my experience, each time you call you tend to get a timeframe that is a month or a couple months or the next season away. It passes, nothing happens. The timeframe you get just simply depends on the month you call, and most of them tell everyone the same things. "They're afraid." "They're stressed." "It will be slow." etc. As you've seen for yourself, what website they're from or whether they're an independent reader or part of a hotline practically makes no difference.

As painful as it is to let go of someone we care about, if this person did something terrible to you, you are not able to see it for what it is at this time, but it is for the best that they are out of your life so that the toxic cycle doesn't continue.

I realized this with someone that I once dated for an entire summer. At first he seemed like a wonderful guy, but then he was very mentally and emotionally abusive person. Eventually I could feel he was slipping away from me and at first I was upset and I wanted to hold on to him, but then I realized that I could actually do better than him and be happier.

Try to lighten up on the psychics and start doing more things to keep yourself busy. Put yourself out there and start making new friends who you can have a healthy friendship with. Hang in there. We are all going through something similar on here.

Offline njlady

Re: My Story: Turning to psychics for closure after a painful friend breakup.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 12:06:14 AM »
I turned to psychics seeking closure, answers, understanding, hope... that this person would one day see what they did wrong to me and come back and apologize, or I would one day have some grand, complete understanding of the complicated, toxic situation.

You wanted this person to take care of your feelings by acknowledging and apologizing, and when they didn't you turned to a psychic to do it. 

The thing is, you have to take care of your feelings.  They did a shitty thing.  You don't understand why.  Maybe they don't either.  Maybe they do and they just don't care, but it really doesn't change anything as far as you are concerned.   You feel bad.  They aren't going to apologize or beg for forgiveness. You can't change that.  They are being a giant dick insofar as not having any consideration for you.  This sucks.  Maybe one day they will grow and learn.  Maybe not.  You can't sit around suffering until they possibly evolve into a better person and say "sorry".

This leaves you to accept that this sucks, you feel bad, that's ok and you need to jettison this shit and move on without a giant scoop of satisfaction on top because that is best for you.  You can still feel bad sometimes.  Just feel it, don't dwell on it.  Acknowledge it and go on to something else.

You aren't "learning new information".  You are hindering your acceptance of the situation as it stands.