Author Topic: FWIW MY EX CAME BACK  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Sparkle002

FWIW MY EX CAME BACK
« on: September 12, 2018, 03:54:35 AM »
So some of you know I've posted a lot on this board about different POIs over the years.
But what made me join this forum in the first place was due to my Ex "F".
I joined the board on Valentine's Day 2016 because I was heartbroken over him.

I never actually talked about him here - actually I referred to him as "F" during my initial posts - but at that time, I had moved on to another POI "B".

Anyway, prior to me joining I called alot of readers about "F"....

I say this to say that, in July 2016 I cut "F" totally out of my life - blocked him and everything,

BUT lo and behold, he reached out to me 2 years later via email casually and admitted wanting to reconnect with me.

Mind you, I cut him out of my life and did not ask 1 bit if he would ever come back. EVER. 

I'm saying that this is a great example of how people can plop back into your life at any time - so it does happen.
I wondered how I would feel if I was pining over this person to come back - man!
I wondered how I would feel if I was calling readers if he would come back and them constantly telling me he would - but I never did, I never made a call like that...and well - HERE HE IS.

But then again I let him go, not him. I actually think that he never would have - but he was not good for me and I am glad I came to that conclusion and had the strength to let that go.

Im not sure what his intentions are, but I know that I'll never get back with him. :D

I tell you what, I'm sure if I read about him and asked if he would come back, sooooo many readers would be right because that's just what they typically say!! LOL

Offline helloworld

Re: FWIW MY EX CAME BACK
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 05:08:17 AM »
Interestingly, the same happened to me. An ex who ghosted me and left me heartbroken 3 years ago re-appeared this past weekend. When he disappeared I went on a massive psychic binge and I was told he will be back in 1, 2, 3, etc. You get the point. Thankfully I didn't wait for him and moved on. 3 months after he disappeared he reached out, NOT to apologize but to wish me for my birthday and the text was as though nothing had happened. I couldn't care less and called him out on ghosting me and hurting me. He said he was unaware I was still so upset and would "never" contact me again. I was dating someone by then as it is.

A year later, again he reached out and asked to meet, which I did. He told me he missed me, etc. I told him I had moved on. 3 months later again he messaged now saying I had left a necklace at his place when we were dating and he wanted to return it to me. I met him for 5 minutes and he gave me my necklace.

Fast forward a year and a half later, again he has messaged me telling me got promoted and wanted to meet for drinks.  ::)

Bottomline, I am not into this ex because say even if we were to get back, I would never fully trust him after the way he ghosted me. So yes, ex's do come back after years at times but the big question is, is the wait really worth it? Not for me. I realized just because he or any other ex contacts me doesn't mean that they are interested in me or are back with the thought of wanting to date or marry me. For all you know, they feel guilty of what they did and contacting me is a way of redemption for them or their egos or perhaps, they are just craving attention. Who knows.

There are way nicer men out there who deserve our love and time than these ex's who didn't think twice before walking away. My big lesson learned is that most men will not want to risk losing the woman they see themselves with in the  long term, so they will do whatever it takes to be with the woman and keep her happy.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:30:30 PM by helloworld »

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
I've had the same thing happen to me in the past. Ironically, often times when someone does come back you just no longer want them. You can only put your life on hold for so long. For me it hasn't been longer than a year with anyone. (Which is longer than I would like to wait anyway) And yeah, if they ghosted you before, they could ghost you again. Unless you broke up for reasons that didn't involve someone being hurt by something, you're better off not getting back together.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:08:37 PM »
Kinda related as I’m actively going through some changes in deciding to get readings or not and whether I even want my ex back or not (which we weren’t even dating more than 2 months!) - all these thoughts.

First, I had a super crazy dream last night that I don’t even remember the details on. But we were fighting and I was really upset and I woke up feeling like, well, that’s it. It’s over. That was our one and only and final fight and now it’s done. It was hard and still lingering with me.

But, the point I really want to get at more is ... the more I think about it ... I don’t know. I need to realize I really just don’t want to be with someone who doesn’t genuinely want me. And maybe I’m wrong here. Maybe he just needs to work through his divorce crap, he’s got a lot of life changes going on and decisions and growth he knows he’s going through so that is a big reason why I was the one to say look, if you want to date other people that’s fine but I’m out. Which he wasn’t even talking about sex but I was so insecure I was like okay, see ya. Or maybe I was confident lol and NOT insecure!

Either way. I’m feeling better about things as I really accept that 1) no matter how many readings I get none of them are ultimately going to make me feel better - only time and seeing what really unfolds will do that.

And also 2) getting readings totally messes with my head both ways. Those that have seen either a good outcome or possible good outcome or those that see otherwise - either way it influences how I interact with him and the world and so it’s no good. .. and

3) the outcomes keep changing. Same readers have told me one thing a while ago - more positive - and now something less positive.

It’s all not good. And honestly, I have to admit, this guy just may not want the kind of relationship I want. Which isn’t anything super serious anyway but still it just might not be what he wants. So I am feeling a greater letting go shift today, though still so sad from this dream.

But maybe the dream wasn’t any indication of the future or anything but simply my working through my fears and anxieties that have been going on. I have had this happen before where when I get upset about something or worried I end up dreaming the exact thing I’m worried about and then I can see the situation more clearly. It’s not premonition but actually living through my own fears not in the real world. It’s kind of cool when it happens to be honest. Sometimes I’ve confronted people I wanted to but didn’t in real life. It’s a good thing :)

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 04:06:15 PM »

There are way nicer men out there who deserve our love and time than these ex's who didn't think twice before walking away. My big lesson learned is that most men will not want to risk losing the woman they see themselves with in the  long term, so they will do whatever it takes to be the woman and keep her happy.

well said!! That's how I feel, I'm at the point in my life that if someone wants to ghost me after things going good, and then come back, it's like they didn't care that they risked losing me.  And why would you want someone like that anyway...I don't give anyone second chances anymore when they've showed me who they really are.

Offline LAW1974

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »
DId anyone predict these things for you? 

anything