Author Topic: Break for September  (Read 13122 times)

Offline JonesCDee

Re: Break for September
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2018, 05:22:52 PM »
OK so no laughing, ok? I started a daily meditation thing my go to reader does (yup, the same one who refuses to read for peopl more than once in 3 months) to get your sh*t together and stop depending on readings. I figured a month of daily meditations cost less than half a reading, give it a try, so I am. Really helped today, will see how it goes  :o

Who is this reader ?

Jessica Rae, its like a group thing.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2018, 01:08:49 PM »
I didn't do well yesterday...had a reading with Lady P that I ordered last week and it came in and it was confusing which led me to seek other psychics on keen. I actually spoke to a new person on keen that I haven't spoken with before who confirmed everything that I knew about my situation without putting any negativity on it, so that helped. But until I found her I talked to 2 others who had no clue at all and I could tell they were lying which was disappointing.

But the bottom line is I did contact psychics yesterday which I shouldn't have.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 04:58:52 AM »
As if I didn’t have enough reason to take a break for September, my POI just posted some stuff on social media with a new girl.

They’re ALWAYS wrong. The worst part about dating isn’t being let down by a POI it’s paying for stupid readings that never come true.

Offline Reviewer07

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 07:54:04 AM »
What’s helping me through September is a conversation I had with a psychologist. They basically said that splitting with my ex was a traumatic experience for me and by calling psychics I’m retraumatising myself and my healing will continue to be drawn out. I’m not going to lie I may cave at some point but it’s been 4 maybe 5 days without talking to one and just not wanting to feel like this has kept me strong thus far. Also every time I think of my ex I send them thoughts/feelings of love and good wishes for their future and this too has helped me.
An added bonus is that I’m about to get paid again and I still have hundreds of dollars in my account that I can use toward paying off the debt I’ve accumulated from talking with psychics. I still check my keen account but get satisfaction from seeing the number of days that it’s been since i spoke  to an advisor. It’s not easy and if you do lapse don’t be too harsh on yourself just start again and try to beat your last attempt.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2018, 02:26:56 PM »
As if I didn’t have enough reason to take a break for September, my POI just posted some stuff on social media with a new girl.

They’re ALWAYS wrong. The worst part about dating isn’t being let down by a POI it’s paying for stupid readings that never come true.

Oh no!  so sorry to hear this!

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2018, 02:59:05 PM »

It’s ok, I had my suspicions about him. I just wish they would’ve been confirmed before reading about him!

I’m starting to wonder if positive predictions confuse us into thinking there’s a stronger connection to someone than there really is. This guy is a good time, but I’m way more upset than what I feel is reasonable. I think my readings made me more attached than I should be.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2018, 03:03:38 PM »

It’s ok, I had my suspicions about him. I just wish they would’ve been confirmed before reading about him!

I’m starting to wonder if positive predictions confuse us into thinking there’s a stronger connection to someone than there really is. This guy is a good time, but I’m way more upset than I should be. I think my readings made me more attached than I should be.

I definitely think so.  First POI I called about, for sure!! Had me hanging on because I believed the connection was so strong and real and it was just a big mistake.

I regret getting readings on the second POI I called about this summer..even though, I asked readers who were right for me last time around, it doesn't appear they are right this time..but of course, I could be changing things by not replying to him, but my gut is telling me that is the right move, not to follow what these readers tell me.  I actually had one on Purple Ocean tell me to "give him his space when he needs it, but when he comes close, be close to him, even if you don't feel like it"....SERIOUSLY?? so you telling me to be a walking doormat..NOPE.  no more.  He's going to need to grovel if he wants me back.

Always go with your gut..if it's telling you something is off, believe it. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:11:11 PM by sawthelight »

Offline Reviewer07

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2018, 10:52:02 PM »
@fluttershy, yep I’m still quitting. It’s not easy to go cold turkey and to be honest I’m struggling too.
I just know that when/if I call they will not be able to tell me anything new. Stay strong but don’t be hard on yourself if you lapse just start again. Seek therapy, research addiction also others on here have recommended keeping busy and it really helps to get over a poi and the addiction. Yiu know you’re not alone as there are many in this forum trying to do the same. Pm me if you like or just keep posting up here. Also thanks for sharing it’s good to know that we are both in the same boat - let’s not sink it 😊.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2018, 02:40:22 AM »
Ugh- I broke. I gave in called a psychic yesterday... yet I still want to try and not call anymore.

It’s ok! Our strength is in how we get back up from a fall. Just reset your clock and try again.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2018, 03:23:04 AM »
Ugh- I broke. I gave in called a psychic yesterday... yet I still want to try and not call anymore.

At least you’re strong enough to acknowledge it and not keep going. Don’t give up!

Offline Love-33

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2018, 09:56:47 AM »
Hello all! I just thought I’d check on here after a few months of absence- and I read this post and I want to tell you all that it is possible!!! I have stopped calling psychics since... i think it was March or so, or April. When I had some breakthroughs and wanted to call, what worked for me was to remind myself:
- What for? They’ll again tell me BS that’s never gonna happen. If you call you’ll be happy for maybe a few hours and then what?
- keep the money for what you like: eating out with friends, shopping, travels!
- Meet someone else who WILL treat you like his princess! Go out and meet new people. If you keep calling, this won’t happen cos you’ll block yourself from moving on!

So these are basically the 3 things I was telling myself when I was about to call.

Also, what helped was closing my Keen and Bitwine accounts. And I removed them from my phone history so that I was less tempted to click on these logos once on my phone

Offline Lady_C

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2018, 10:09:21 AM »
Anyone still trying to quit? Or wanting to quit?

I fee hopeless about this. I want to quit and have to... but to be honest there one or two advisor I want to try, but I rather quit instead
Who else feels this way?

Yes!! I feel the same way. I'm contemplating having a reading with Yona but I hate telephone readings, it brings me great anxiety and because her readings are general I'm scared of what she might pick up. I feel like Yona is my last sense of hope in respect to a credible psychic.

I'm still committed to taking a break from psychics it's been very difficult but going into week 3 now.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2018, 03:47:57 PM »
Day 10! How is everyone feeling?

my POI that left me for his ex in November last year has been contacting me daily. I’m wondering what he’s got up his sleeve but I still haven’t felt the need to get a reading.

Offline Reviewer07

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2018, 07:41:38 AM »
I’m so very close to cracking, I had some predictions for early September that haven’t come to passa and I’m getting a bit anxious and wanting to find out when?? What’s the delay?? What’s happening?? Thankfully none of the keen ones I speak to are online at the moment  otherwise I would have called/chatted.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2018, 02:42:05 PM »
Stay strong everyone! I was a little tempted yesterday by the PO sale that's going on, I have to admit. NO to PO! :D

anything