Author Topic: Break for September  (Read 13113 times)

Offline Hillcam

Break for September
« on: August 31, 2018, 02:09:28 PM »
I know a few of us took a break from readings back in May. It helped me cut way, way back for May June and July. This month I started dating again and spent more than I could afford on Keen.

I’ll be taking a break again for September if anyone wants to join me :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:19:12 PM by Hillcam »

Offline Dreamer23

Re: Break for September
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 02:52:06 PM »
Yes! I am joining you. Thanks for starting this. I really hope I can stick to this and not do any readings for one whole month.

Offline Reviewer07

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »
Wish I could be as disciplined as you.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 03:31:29 PM »
Yes! I am joining you. Thanks for starting this. I really hope I can stick to this and not do any readings for one whole month.

Awesome! I’m starting today, may as well... last day of August and I spent almost $700 on Keen alone this month  :(

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 03:34:49 PM »

I’ve spent a good five years spending all of my extra income on readings :(
I’m finally at the point where I am fed up and need to break this habit.

Try a break! It’s good for your wallet and I felt so much more empowered without readings.

I start by narrowing down my favorite advisors lists to only trusted advisors and or advisors that don’t break the bank with high ppm. If anything, it could last you a little bit and hopefully afterwards you’ll realize you don’t need to read every day & how damaging it really is to ourselves.

Offline lalalucy0404

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 03:52:12 PM »

I’ve spent a good five years spending all of my extra income on readings :(
I’m finally at the point where I am fed up and need to break this habit.

Try a break! It’s good for your wallet and I felt so much more empowered without readings.

I start by narrowing down my favorite advisors lists to only trusted advisors and or advisors that don’t break the bank with high ppm. If anything, it could last you a little bit and hopefully afterwards you’ll realize you don’t need to read every day & how damaging it really is to ourselves.

So bold and brave of you! I was wondering, who are your trusted advisors that have worked for you?

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 03:55:39 PM »

Awesome! I’m starting today, may as well... last day of August and I spent almost $700 on Keen alone this month  :(

I've been there, have spend even more during one month.

I am starting today too. I don't think I've been able to take one whole month break until now, so I am curious to see how it's gonna be.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 03:56:51 PM »

So bold and brave of you! I was wondering, who are your trusted advisors that have worked for you?

Marie Anna, Phoenix Burning, Jade8928, Wendy Jenae, and Michele Answers are all of my favorites for different reasons. If you want a more in depth explanation you can PM me.

Also, keep in mind that my favorites may not work for you and vice versa. There’s been many times that someone recommends a certain reader and they just do not connect to me.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 03:59:51 PM »
I'll join you! The May break was tremendously helpful to me as well, in cutting back on readings. I now do one a month only.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 04:00:17 PM »

I've been there, have spend even more during one month.

I am starting today too. I don't think I've been able to take one whole month break until now, so I am curious to see how it's gonna be.

Even limiting yourself to one reading a week will help. I’m #6 in Cookie’s queue so if she calls me, I’m going to answer. Lol

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 04:01:54 PM »
I'll join you! The May break was tremendously helpful to me as well, in cutting back on readings. I now do one a month only.

Sounds good! Thank you for starting the break back in May, it really did help a lot for a few months. I want to eventually limit myself to one general reading a month as well

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 04:03:22 PM »
I say one but sometimes it's two. Really what I have tried to do is just set a budget and that's it, like $100/month. So if I have two $50 readings that's basically the same thing. But one a month just feels like a good goal.

Anyway, I'm on board with nothing for September.

Offline Lady_C

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 04:49:24 PM »
I started my own break early in August but succumbed to a reading with Emma Jane last week. I haven't had a reading since early last week and intend to carry this level of abstinence into September on wards. I have some upcoming predictions that are supposed to unfold, unless something significant changes I really can't see myself getting another reading. There's only so many times you can hear the same thing!!

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 06:50:05 PM »
I too want join!

Ugh! I also deactivated my social media because I just keep obsessing about my ex.
Already, I’m shaking. There just so much I want to share but am too embarrassed.

There is no need to be embarrassed, I am sure most people here can relate!

Offline JonesCDee

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 01:09:21 AM »
I know a few of us took a break from readings back in May. It helped me cut way, way back for May June and July. This month I started dating again and spent more than I could afford on Keen.

I’ll be taking a break again for September if anyone wants to join me :)

Me! I just booked JR for October and swore no readings till then. With you all the way!