Author Topic: Temptation got the better of me and now I regret giving in  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Reviewer07

Temptation got the better of me and now I regret giving in
« on: August 24, 2018, 11:14:29 PM »
I’ve been resisting the urge to call psychics for a few weeks now and today I cracked and it cost me $100. I’m so annoyed with myself as I thought I was getting a handle on it. Although the reader told me what I wanted to hear, I feel like - yeh whatever. I actually asked a question that I knew the answer too and when they got it wrong they said that their guides know and will deliberately give false information. This is not the first time I’ve been told this by a reader and I guess I take that along with with everything else with a grain of salt. The reader in question I quite like too and has amazing reviews. I hope she’s right but like I stated earlier- grain of salt. I really wish I didn’t have that reading I could have done something fun with that $100 it makes me feel sick actually knowing that I wasted my dollars. I think I’m having something like buyers remorse. Does anyone have some good strategy in place for not calling readers? The other thing the reader mentioned was the retrograde and how it’s slowing things down or throwing predictions out, can anyone speak on this?

Offline Dreamer23

Re: Temptation got the better of me and now I regret giving in
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 01:20:44 AM »
I think what might help is if you are busy...maybe go out with friends or be around people or be occupied, so you don't feel the urge to call a psychic. I know Sundays are usually tough for me because I don't have a lot going on and that is when I used to do most of my binges.

What do you mean when you said that you've heard from a few psychics that they say guides give wrong information deliberately? That sounds like such BS...

Also, I believe Mercury got out of retrograde Aug 18th... regardless, I don't think it should influence a reading. I haven't heard that from a psychic, it sounds like an excuse. Also Mercury goes in retrograde a few times a year, I hate it when people use this as an excuse.

Offline JonesCDee

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 01:58:05 AM »

What do you mean when you said that you've heard from a few psychics that they say guides give wrong information deliberately? That sounds like such BS...

You said what I was thinking re guides bs  ::)

Offline Reviewer07

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 05:05:50 AM »
Two different psychics have said if you ask information that you already know their guides  give you mixed up info or wrong info coz they know you already know the answer.  I felt like that was me trying to validate their ability. That type of response though has just made me more sceptical and wondering if their for real or telling me fairytales. One of the readers has been wrong with my poi but seems to get other things right and gets great reviews on keen.

Offline JonesCDee

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 10:08:07 AM »
Two different psychics have said if you ask information that you already know their guides  give you mixed up info or wrong info coz they know you already know the answer.  I felt like that was me trying to validate their ability. That type of response though has just made me more sceptical and wondering if their for real or telling me fairytales. One of the readers has been wrong with my poi but seems to get other things right and gets great reviews on keen.

Hmmm, one of my sisters tried to read with my go to reader, the reader could not connect and she did say that sometimes her guides dont connect when you are supposed to rely on your own intuition. But thats really different from saying they do stuff wrong or get mixed up. Plus when it happened she gave my sister her money back.

Offline Lady_C

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 11:39:37 AM »
I’ve been resisting the urge to call psychics for a few weeks now and today I cracked and it cost me $100. I’m so annoyed with myself as I thought I was getting a handle on it. Although the reader told me what I wanted to hear, I feel like - yeh whatever. I actually asked a question that I knew the answer too and when they got it wrong they said that their guides know and will deliberately give false information. This is not the first time I’ve been told this by a reader and I guess I take that along with with everything else with a grain of salt. The reader in question I quite like too and has amazing reviews. I hope she’s right but like I stated earlier- grain of salt. I really wish I didn’t have that reading I could have done something fun with that $100 it makes me feel sick actually knowing that I wasted my dollars. I think I’m having something like buyers remorse. Does anyone have some good strategy in place for not calling readers? The other thing the reader mentioned was the retrograde and how it’s slowing things down or throwing predictions out, can anyone speak on this?

Do you have a go to psychic or do you just go to random psychics because once you have some good reliable psychics you're less inclined to reach out. I know it's hard to resist the urge to reach out and this might sound extreme but if you're a member of a psychic site i.e Bitwine, Keen have you thought about closing down your account or have a temporary suspension if there is such a thing?

Keeping yourself busy is VERYYYYYY important, if you have any hobbies or interest that you like doing I would suggest engrossing yourself in them. If you have friends/family that you can utilise your free time with then hang out with them.

When I feel a strong urge to contact a psychics I sometimes re-read the transcript of what my go to psychics have told me already and ask myself. What is the purpose of another reading? Do I really need it if nothing has changed or I already know the answer so just hold fire on things for now. Those strategies have stopped me from purchasing readings, granted it doesn't work ALLL the time but has helped me for a few weeks at times.

I had a relapse a few days ago with EJ her reading was positive and very similar what I've been told by my go to psychics. There's really no need for me to seek a new reading (easier said then done) but I'm keeping myself busy and re-reading transcripts while I allow things to unfold. I also try not to lurk on psychic websites because that will lead to temptation.

Offline tellmewhy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 01:20:29 PM »
They are lying lol, a real psychic should tell you that you already have info on the question and or give you the right answer

Offline njlady

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 03:10:26 PM »
Does anyone have some good strategy in place for not calling readers?

It's not specifically for calling readers, but it's something I do when I'm about to do something that isn't exactly in my best interest or impulsive so it would absolutely work for a behavior like calling readers.

I have a notebook that I start writing in about what is really bothering me.  I get it all out.  I don't worry about spelling, composition, grammar.  I just write it all out.  If I want to tell someone off.  If I'm angry or frustrated at someone who really can't help it because of their mental capacity, addictions, whatever.  If I am about to go off the deep end and buy 10 pairs of shoes because I'm frustrated that I spent 3 hours trying on jeans and didn't like any of them.  If I want to tell someone who is dead how they hurt me. Anything and everything.   I wait a day or two then I take whatever I wrote and tear it up because I don't want anyone to find it after I'm gone.  It's that personal and honest.  I'm not writing it for anyone else to see, ever.

You could write to the person you are calling about and get it all off your chest.  Say anything and everything you want.  Ask questions.  A notebook and a pen are a lot cheaper than a $100 call.

Offline Angelina11

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 08:17:59 PM »
Does anyone have some good strategy in place for not calling readers?

It's not specifically for calling readers, but it's something I do when I'm about to do something that isn't exactly in my best interest or impulsive so it would absolutely work for a behavior like calling readers.

I have a notebook that I start writing in about what is really bothering me.  I get it all out.  I don't worry about spelling, composition, grammar.  I just write it all out.  If I want to tell someone off.  If I'm angry or frustrated at someone who really can't help it because of their mental capacity, addictions, whatever.  If I am about to go off the deep end and buy 10 pairs of shoes because I'm frustrated that I spent 3 hours trying on jeans and didn't like any of them.  If I want to tell someone who is dead how they hurt me. Anything and everything.   I wait a day or two then I take whatever I wrote and tear it up because I don't want anyone to find it after I'm gone.  It's that personal and honest.  I'm not writing it for anyone else to see, ever.

You could write to the person you are calling about and get it all off your chest.  Say anything and everything you want.  Ask questions.  A notebook and a pen are a lot cheaper than a $100 call.

Excellent tip, thank you! I'll certainly try it!

anything