Author Topic: Devastating News  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Smiley1

Devastating News
« on: February 15, 2020, 09:37:57 PM »
Today in the UK a UK television presenter took her own life because of being hounded on line and in forums with untrue lies.

Let's remember this when posting on here and be kind to others.    This to me is Manslaughter by media.

We have lost members here to suicide.   I have seen others hounded and bullied on here and just last week a member after finding out her POI was married was hounded and accused of being the psychic that got it right.   Nobody cared that her life had fallen apart, they were more interested in defaming the psychic.    I have seen underhand things done on here and lies told just to get one up on people.     Remember, nobody knows what state or what someone else is going through.  Some people are strong, others are not.

Anyone, anyone having dark thoughts please know that there is always someone that you can talk to and nothing is so bad that your life should be the price you pay.   If you are having dark thoughts, reach out to others.

If you are retaliating to someone just to prove a point think about your words

Remember, we are all human on here and everyone has a part to play in a healthy, supportive community.

Reach out and speak to someone please

Offline Smiley1

Re: Devastating News
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 10:22:52 PM »
Yes. But does it mean she deserved to die?

I mean...

She beat her sleeping and unconscious boyfriend with a lamp to a point where he was fearing for his life and had her trial for that coming up in two weeks time so she seemed to have her own troubles and issues going on...

Not to mention sleeping and dating a then 17 year old Harry Styles when she was well into her 30s...

Of course the British media is vicious and doesn't help.

Offline diamondcanadian

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 10:41:54 PM »
I mean...

She beat her sleeping and unconscious boyfriend with a lamp to a point where he was fearing for his life and had her trial for that coming up in two weeks time so she seemed to have her own troubles and issues going on...

Not to mention sleeping and dating a then 17 year old Harry Styles when she was well into her 30s...

Of course the British media is vicious and doesn't help.

Why does it matter about Harry ? The age of consent in the UK is 16.

Also , how do you know the in and out details of what allegedly happened ? Were you there ? He himself also backed out of the alleged attacked and said that he didn’t want her to be prosecuted. Yet the CPS said they were still carrying on.

Yes , she may very well have attacked someone , but this happens in everyday life and their life is not hounded in the public eye like celebrities. She has been consistently attacked in the media and therefore it lead her to see no way out .

It’s disgusting.

And FYI , I have met Caroline several times.

She was nothing but a lovely , bright light of a lady. Yes she may have had troubles, but she didn’t deserve to be treated appallingly by the media.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 11:02:03 PM »
There was A member who committed suicide.

This is the second time in months that someone brought this tragedy up and weaponized it in the defense of one certain reader. And the poster(s) (cause it was one poster with two profiles) was banned.

QUIT bringing this horrible situation up if you don’t know the people involved or the situation.

Stop it

Offline Bostongirl

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 11:06:32 PM »
Very sad. He posted photo of them both yesterday and said he loved her. Yes the British press is cruel. Being bullied is awful. Can see why Martha’s and Harry wanted out.

Offline Smiley1

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 11:28:30 PM »
I haven’t used it as a defence for anyone. Let alone a reader.

I simply think people could be kinder and more thoughtful.

If you cannot see it and think anything is justifiable it’s a problem you have, not me and speaks volumes about your mindset.

I think this board is toxic at times and I simply think people need to be more self aware of their actions.

But I can see I’m fighting a loosing battle.

This is the second time in months that someone brought this tragedy up and weaponized it in the defense of one certain reader. And the poster(s) (cause it was one poster with two profiles) was banned.

QUIT bringing this horrible situation up if you don’t know the people involved or the situation.

Stop it

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 12:10:17 AM »
I haven’t used it as a defence for anyone. Let alone a reader.

I simply think people could be kinder and more thoughtful.

If you cannot see it and think anything is justifiable it’s a problem you have, not me and speaks volumes about your mindset.

I think this board is toxic at times and I simply think people need to be more self aware of their actions.

But I can see I’m fighting a loosing battle.

Stop it
[/quote

You didn’t know the poster and don’t know the circumstances of their death.

Don’t speak upon what you don’t know.

I’m sick of seeing this persons death brought up here without people even being privy to the facts.

Just stop.

pfizer

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 12:15:19 AM »
i agreed and always alert not to be tooo mean to people, no matter what scenario it is
so to talk about a reader, i would only say if she is accurate or not in my cases
readers are just messengers, sometimes they are right sometimes they are wrong, we used our own freewill to decide if we purchase their services, just dont go back if they were wrong before.

tell us she or he was right or wrong then its done.

Offline JAG20

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 03:44:08 PM »
Equally, people on here commit suicide cuz readers go on here, advertise themselves (which is really obvious by the way) and tells the person what they want to hear or gives someone a disingenous reading. Then, when they get caught out, play the victim, and get really aggressive and threaten to share that customer's private information that they shared to the reader in confidence, it works both ways and the readers on here (who know exactly who they are) who are actually advertising themselves are doing something morally wrong in a person's unhappy vulnerable situation, which is just as wrong, making quick bucks on a person's situation and making accounts as a reader fooling people can also be dangerous, not naming names, cuz whoever you are will feel the guilty conscience as you read this, we've all been addicted and in a horrible place losing lots of bucks, let's not take advantage of vulnerable addicts
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 04:06:59 PM by JAG20 »

Offline SarahM

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 05:50:59 PM »
Equally, people on here commit suicide cuz readers go on here, advertise themselves (which is really obvious by the way) and tells the person what they want to hear or gives someone a disingenous reading. Then, when they get caught out, play the victim, and get really aggressive and threaten to share that customer's private information that they shared to the reader in confidence, it works both ways and the readers on here (who know exactly who they are) who are actually advertising themselves are doing something morally wrong in a person's unhappy vulnerable situation, which is just as wrong, making quick bucks on a person's situation and making accounts as a reader fooling people can also be dangerous, not naming names, cuz whoever you are will feel the guilty conscience as you read this, we've all been addicted and in a horrible place losing lots of bucks, let's not take advantage of vulnerable addicts

That's so messed up

Offline Bostongirl

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 06:21:41 PM »
One person on here committed suicide, not lots of people that i'm aware of. Which is a very sad thing. I can't remember exactly why she committed suicide. Readers coming on this board and posting and advertising themselves is not bullying. Attacking a person that post on here about a reader and then accusing them of being the reader and tearing apart their feedback is. I think you totally missed the point of the post Jag??

Offline Bostongirl

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 07:18:00 PM »
Well said!

Offline JAG20

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 06:26:05 AM »

That's so messed up

Yea, it is messed up, and people still defend those types of readers

Offline KarinaR

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 03:24:47 AM »
This is awful and heartbreaking. My prayers go out to the person’s family.

anything