Author Topic: x  (Read 7633 times)

Offline Natashanyc

Re: Cynthia is off CP :(
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 01:20:25 PM »
Thank you Natashanyc, first of all, I don't know where Cynthia is from, I don't care about her background, I’m just referencing her dishonest practice if the coat fit, you may wear It, this is my own opinion of her as a reader, when I made that comment it had a lot to do with the roadside reader who scams me years ago, they wanted me to go empty a joint account of 40k to remove a. curse, it started with a $1,000 so if you have not had personal experience with such things, please don't Judge, I don't care if the person is black, white, yellow but I do believe in karma and she's getting what she deserves. They go on these websites and ripe people off, where is the blessing in that? If Cynthia worked for you, that fine but I had to state my experience and how I felt about.
I don't care much when predictions font happen but I get very upset when people make up stories like she threatens to take her life.

I understand wat youre saying but u cant be mad at something a person is unaware of. I hardly know anyone from Romania and its my first time getting this information. She probably didnt mean it as derogatory so dont jump to conclusions and insinuate racism or discrimination. As a black woman i know alot about both those words so i dont need to google it. She also apologized to you or anyone else when she wrote that statement. You have informed  the forum of how u feel now leave it be. No one meant harm to Romanians but again where im from gyspies was used to describe palm reading beggers that were fakes. The N wrd is no comparison to gypsy. Thats a another story tho. I thought she was stating her opinion about cynthia...how the hell did it come to this?! Wow

I dont understand why she went off like that. I didnt find nothing wrong with your statement. This has never been a racist forum since i been here so idk why it went left so fast. I have been approached by these kind of fakes numerous times in person and online so i automatically knew what you were talking about...even scammed online and refunded before by scammers alike. Last i checked this is the place where we are supposed to  expose these type of people...

Offline njlady

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »
Sorry to offend anyone who likes or liked Cynthia but I think she's a gypsy.

There are one million Roma people in the US. The term 'gypsies' to refer to them is discriminatory. Some of them may read tarot cards and some of these tarots readers may be a fraud. Like, as we all know well here, many so-called psychics are a fraud. Do not use the term 'gypsy' in a derogatory way to simply indicate a fraudulent reader that happens to be (maybe) a Romani.
Accents? Depends how old they are. The older ones who migrated from Europe likely have the accent of the country they lived prior to coming to the US. The younger generations born here: regional American accent. Like kids born here from immigrant parents, even if bilingual, they're native speaker in English.
So, if this Cynthia is not her 70s-80s, she likely has a regional accent. And if she's a fake reader it's not because of her ethnicity.

Im kinda confused. Where im from gypsy is a term used to describe those who are nyc corners begging to read palms i never knew it as being derogatory...most of the gypsy ones i was approached by were almost always indian decent. To me the term points toward fake more than ethnicity but they also put on fake voices and say things to lure u in and are in tourist areas etc ...i didnt even know it was a Romanian term ....?

Not 'Romanian'. Romani (or Roma). The origin of the Romani people is not 100% known, but it seems they started from India. It's an ethnic group, commonly known as 'gypsies'. They often beg for money, yes, but mostly do so in Europe, here in the US they are more integrated into the community.
Are the people you describe really 'gypsies', that is, Roma people, of course, I don't know.
But yes, for the Roma people, being referred to as gypsies is derogatory (like using the N.. word to define African Americans).
Just google and you'll learn more.

The gypsies in NJ are just call gypsies.  They call themselves that.  It's a whole community.  Largest on the East coast.  The resident gypsies have close to a zero crime rate.  The worst thing I could say about them as a group is that they don't tip when they eat out.  Very few of them assimilate.  The crime rate by travelling gypsies is a big problem though.  Shoplifting rings, all kinds of bunco crimes.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 03:22:13 PM »
Ahh, I too felt she was too sugary sweet...where it felt a little shady. But, I cant discredit the specific insights/predictions she made. Guess she really
wanted to go rogue? Sigh.

Offline copperhead

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »

The gypsies in NJ are just call gypsies.  They call themselves that.  It's a whole community.  Largest on the East coast.  The resident gypsies have close to a zero crime rate.  The worst thing I could say about them as a group is that they don't tip when they eat out.  Very few of them assimilate.  The crime rate by travelling gypsies is a big problem though.  Shoplifting rings, all kinds of bunco crimes.
[/quote]

You can use Gypsy as an umbrella term to include various groups, not just the Roma people but, generally, for 'us, better to avoid. "They call themselves that": have you asked them directly? If so, I'd be interested to know more. I'm very interested in the plight of the Roma people all over the world. Anyway, this is a good explanation: https://www.quora.com/Is-gypsy-a-derogatory-term -

Offline AnxiouslyWaiting2012

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 07:17:31 PM »
I understand wat youre saying but u cant be mad at something a person is unaware of. I hardly know anyone from Romania and its my first time getting this information. She probably didnt mean it as derogatory so dont jump to conclusions and insinuate racism or discrimination. As a black woman i know alot about both those words so i dont need to google it. She also apologized to you or anyone else when she wrote that statement. You have informed  the forum of how u feel now leave it be. No one meant harm to Romanians but again where im from gyspies was used to describe palm reading beggers that were fakes. The N wrd is no comparison to gypsy. Thats a another story tho. I thought she was stating her opinion about cynthia...how the hell did it come to this?! Wow

I wish they had like buttons here. Thank you for this. I too, grew up and still live in NYC; one of the outer boroughs. I will say that with “gypsies”, I too did not know it was deragotary. I just went through this on Cinco de Mayo about the thick black mustache associated with Mexicans. I digress.

My family lives in the South and “gypsies” were known to lie, cheat, and steal. Trick people out of money. Ex...in Georgia there was a big indictment recently. “Gypsie” men and women lied to the state and said they had no money to receive food stamps, Medicaid, and whatever additional government assistance they could get. They lived in mansions that were hundreds of thousands of dollars. All were arrested on fraud charges. “Gypsies” are known to scam and run. They steal money and run to the next state or town. They never stay put. I know about the Romani and there is one other class that considers themselves “gypsies” as well. The name escapes me but, from the television show on TLC, Gypsy Sisters, my Big Fat Gypsy wedding etc...These people called themselves gypsies and we’re proud of it. You DEFINITELY, cannot equate being called a gypsy to the N word.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:23:57 PM by AnxiouslyWaiting2012 »

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 09:29:03 PM »
👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽ur welcome. I was taken back she even used the N word as comparison but i wont go there cuz this not the forum for that but anywayyyyyyy in conclusion.....another fraud bites the dust! Maybe she got caught with those fake spells or watever she was doing against the sites rules.

Offline njlady

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 09:58:34 PM »

You can use Gypsy as an umbrella term to include various groups, not just the Roma people but, generally, for 'us, better to avoid. "They call themselves that": have you asked them directly? If so, I'd be interested to know more. I'm very interested in the plight of the Roma people all over the world. Anyway, this is a good explanation: https://www.quora.com/Is-gypsy-a-derogatory-term -
[/quote]

I'm not so unworldly that I have to use Google rather than actual experience of living near and interacting with real live gypsies. 

Why don't you drive/fly to Northern NJ, find a bunch, walk up to them, tell them how you are interested in "the plight of the Roma people", show them the quora link and educate them on how they should refer to themselves. I'm sure they would love it and be forever grateful to you for showing them the error of their ways.

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 10:08:04 PM »
Im still honestly confused on how she went left in this thread. But i definitely agree. Gypsy where im from are also referred to as unlicensed or neighborhood cab companies. The word has many uses and meanings. None of the cab companies are ran by romany ppl. In fact they are run by latinos and africans who are most likely not citizens but trying to make a living. Maybe instead of relying on google she should take a trip to nyc or nj. Along tourist areas and whole in the wall shops theres a woman young or old selling palm reads and telling everyone they are cursed. Go figure

Offline copperhead

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »

I'm not so unworldly that I have to use Google rather than actual experience of living near and interacting with real live gypsies. 

Why don't you drive/fly to Northern NJ, find a bunch, walk up to them, tell them how you are interested in "the plight of the Roma people", show them the quora link and educate them on how they should refer to themselves. I'm sure they would love it and be forever grateful to you for showing them the error of their ways.
[/quote]

I'm from Europe, and I've seen 'gypsies' every day on the streets. I still do when I go back. I'm perfectly aware of what they do on the streets. No need to come to NJ. But there's more to their culture than the pickpocketing and the cursing. I'm not trying to defend their criminal behavior, when present, nor that they are a quite patriarchal society. But there's much more than that, in their present and in their past. I did talk to many of them, I attended festivals with their music, I've read tons of books about their history and culture. Have *you* talked to any of them? How much do *you* know about their history?

Offline copperhead

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 10:50:35 PM »
Im still honestly confused on how she went left in this thread. But i definitely agree. Gypsy where im from are also referred to as unlicensed or neighborhood cab companies. The word has many uses and meanings. None of the cab companies are ran by romany ppl. In fact they are run by latinos and africans who are most likely not citizens but trying to make a living. Maybe instead of relying on google she should take a trip to nyc or nj. Along tourist areas and whole in the wall shops theres a woman young or old selling palm reads and telling everyone they are cursed. Go figure

I was simply trying to point out the use of a term that may not be correct for us 'gadjos' (this is how the Roma people call those who are not Romani) to use to refer to them. It's a little like the use of the N- word for black people: if they use it themselves, it's fine, if white people do is a slur.
Also, the word 'gypsy' should not have many uses and meanings. Would you like to have the word 'American' used to indicate shady businesses? 'Gypsy' at large indicates a specific ethnic group.

But I'll stop here. Those who are interested in learning more about the Roma people can do it by themselves.

Offline Newlife

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 11:05:14 PM »
Thank you cooper for trying to be politically correct. Eventually, we will all have to fix our typos too. You take this so personally as though you're related to Cynthia. Anyway, whatever I’m sure You're miss perfect and flawless. I don't ever engage in the forum fight but I guess that's not good enough for you.

I was simply trying to point out the use of a term that may not be correct for us 'gadjos' (this is how the Roma people call those who are not Romani) to use to refer to them. It's a little like the use of the N- word for black people: if they use it themselves, it's fine, if white people do is a slur.
Also, the word 'gypsy' should not have many uses and meanings. Would you like to have the word 'American' used to indicate shady businesses? 'Gypsy' at large indicates a specific ethnic group.

But I'll stop here. Those who are interested in learning more about the Roma people can do it by themselves.

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2018, 11:41:54 PM »

Really wish u would find a real hobby...and leave this alone. Also stop throwing around the N word to try to make a point. We already u understood your plight so why cant u move on? Obviously youre from Europe so things are different. Nobody was meaning to offend u but u clearly have a easy time taking things personally...it was already said and done with LONG TIME AGO...like wtf...let it GOOOOOOO ...If ever i decide to go to romania i will keep this lil convo in mind. Til then im sure theres something better to do where u are, besides wasting time on this forum with info no one cares about.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2018, 12:36:26 AM »
Also, the word 'gypsy' should not have many uses and meanings.
But it does. You don't get to dictate what it means and how it should have meaning for other people because that is soooooo unrealistic.
Over time many words become interchangable and take on new meanings. It's just a fact of life and the economic atmosphere during which the word was created in the first place.

I've seen a few documentaries on Gypsies and many were protrayed as lazy, poor, dirty, nomadic criminals that did not want to work (god only knows how they had money) because many of them do. A few family members actually broke away from their traditions of being nomads and went out and got a job and a place to live without wheels. The smarter ones recognized that it was a ridiculous way of life.

Another documentary showed a girl trying to come up behind some guy at an ATM and stealing money from him as he was withdrawing it.
I have no intention of learning about Romi, Romanian, etc. people, but if someone says gypsy, (using it as an adjective), I would immediately know what they were referring to, regardless of the ethnic group.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:38:31 AM by HornetKick »

Offline bstalling

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2018, 05:07:00 AM »
....curious to know what cynthia did? inviting people to her house and asking for money for spells? anyone care to share more details?

Offline Wishful Thinker

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2018, 02:55:51 PM »
For me, I was told that if I paid her over 1500 dollars, that my POI would be mine in 30 days.  I became hesitant because I don’t believe in spells nor would I want to be with someone I would have to put under a spell.  She told me I had a curse on me which is a big red flag for me. I guess she got the vibe I wasn’t interested and stopped communicating with me. 

It’s really sad that there are those who give Psychics a bad name.  Please don’t let her actions leave a bad taste in your mouth.

anything