Author Topic: Recording a call  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Sooshi

Recording a call
« on: July 22, 2018, 04:00:47 AM »
I wasn't sure where to post this but this earbud seems like it would come in handy for us. Feel free to post other items or apps you have used in this thread as well.

https://spyguy.com/collections/audio-surveillance/products/earbud-to-record-a-phone-call

Offline njlady

Re: Recording a call
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 12:52:25 PM »
I have Windows 10.  Type Voice Recorder at the home button and the app will open.  I put my cell phone on speaker when the call comes in and lean it against my all-in-one pc and hit the record button on my pc screen.  It picks up the sound just great.  I label it and save the reading to my Google Drive. 

I listen to the reading about a week later, a couple of months later and about a year later before I delete it.  I used to take notes but I would be so busy taking notes that I was missing the reading.

Offline Car_fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 02:20:04 PM »
This is the best recorder "automatic call recorder". I tried to upload a screenshot of what it looks like but it won't let me. It sounds as if you are on a conference call, listening in to 2 people talking. Too bad for you iPhone users...it's only for androids!! I can proudly say I've never had an iPhone and am glad based on this alone.  Recording apps like those do not work for iPhones because of security risks.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 07:44:14 PM »
Haha well I’m a proud owner of an iPhone annnnd I use the TapeACall app that works the same way. No security issues here lol ::). I can save, share any of my recordings with no prob. I’m sure any apps in the Google Play store are available in the App Store or something similar or vice versa ;)

Offline Car_fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 07:51:09 PM »
Oh yes. Those apps are out there but they're so complicated IMO. My friend had difficulty with merging and if she was on another call before, it would mess things up. With an android, you don't have to do anything. It automatically records all my calls. I can switch to call waiting and back and everything gets recorded. There's nothing to set up.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 08:39:23 PM »
Oh! Well that is nice :D

Offline alphabetsoup

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »
I second the "Tape a call app". The only problem with it is that I like to listen to the call and write it down in a notebook, and THAT takes a lot of time and work.  Honestly it helps me not to call psychics too much, if I'm not caught up in my writing out the calls, I won't call.