Author Topic: My Experience as Both a Reader and a Caller (and my opinion of some Readers)  (Read 36522 times)

Offline Dreamer23

What is the correct way to use LOA?

Offline journalmuse

"You create your own reality" is from the Seth material and it has nothing to do with law of attraction. Seth spoke against conventional positive thinking and he explained how we can examine our deeper beliefs to understand what we create. This is why law of attraction ends up not working for people, because what we think we believe is often not what we genuinely believe in, deep down, and no amount of high vibration or positive thinking will override that. Unfortunately Seth's concepts were watered down and bastardized by people like Esther Hicks and many others, who profit off of repackaging the material into feel-good soundbytes that skip over a deeper analysis into how you actually create your reality.

Who is Seth that you're referencing? Interested in looking at this.

Offline journalmuse

"You create your own reality" is from the Seth material and it has nothing to do with law of attraction. Seth spoke against conventional positive thinking and he explained how we can examine our deeper beliefs to understand what we create. This is why law of attraction ends up not working for people, because what we think we believe is often not what we genuinely believe in, deep down, and no amount of high vibration or positive thinking will override that. Unfortunately Seth's concepts were watered down and bastardized by people like Esther Hicks and many others, who profit off of repackaging the material into feel-good soundbytes that skip over a deeper analysis into how you actually create your reality.

Who is Seth that you're referencing? Interested in looking at this.

The Seth material is a series of books, channeled by Jane Roberts. A good one to start with is The Nature of Personal Reality. Here is a website where you can get familiar with it. https://sethlearningcenter.org

I strongly advise taking the other way, though, having faith in God.

I studied create your own reality philosophy for 20 years, from the Seth material and many other channelers and writers. In the end I realized it is all vanity. Oh yes you can learn to manifest and attract what you want, but it may not be to your ultimate benefit, and may not even be what you truly want.

Thanks, I appreciate it very much. I'm agnostic, so what I don't have is faith, at least when it comes to God/Jesus/etc. Not the path for me, though I understand where you're coming from.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:57:43 PM by journalmuse »

Offline sawthelight

there are definitely messages missing, I remember seeing them the other day and now they are gone, how totally strange. 

Offline aquagirl

LOA came from Abraham-Hicks...better known among Seth readers as Abrascam, because it is a huge marketing scam and a pathetic ripoff of the Seth material.

Actually the LOA Is much much older, goes to the times of before the bible, It has roots all the way back to Plato and beyond. Plato said "“likes tend towards likes.” Which we know as "like attracts like".

Mark 11:24, Jesus says “Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.”

In Mathew 7:7-9 he says (7) “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. (8) For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. (9) Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?…”

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become.” - Buddha

The New Thought Movement began in the 1800's, That is about when the term "law of attraction" was first used. Books like "A man thinkith" were written in 1902, By James Allen.  "Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World" was published in 1906 by William Walker Atkinson. There are many others. Neville Goddard wrote books from 1940s on ward and his teaching are popularized now. Also during that time "The Seven Hermetic Principles" were published which also includes LOA and is based on  Hermes Trismegistus, which pre dates Jesus.

These aren't new concepts, LOA works. The problem is many people who try to use them think they are doing what they are supposed to but aren't.  I use LOA all the time, it has always worked for me.  I taught others how to use it, they have transformed their lives, I know people I have met along life's path that have used it and have be also extremely successful.  The biggest problem is that people think or want to believe they have raised their vibration and let it go, but haven't.

"Research into quantum mechanics has shown that the act of observing reality creates it.  Attempting to observe something causes it to appear out of the nothing.  By the same token, if you are not aware of something…it does not exist in your subjective reality.  In addition, the so-called placebo effect has indicated that positive or negative attitudes can produce corresponding results.  Furthermore, the work of Dossey and others, have shown that prayer has an effect whether the recipient is aware of it or not.

LOA has also gained support of it's effects in the medical community, "these findings offer promise of positive thinking as an approach for psychological interventions designed to promote life satisfaction" Positive-Thinking and Life Satisfaction amongst Koreans - Ji Young Jung, Yonsei Medical Journal and also published on NCBI.  Scientists working at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging at the Institute of Neurology in London have discovered that people who visualize a better future are more likely to be able to bring that future into existence. Affirmations are support by the psychology community, then there is the whole topic on Mirror Neurons and how they work, down to genetics, people can be predisposed to negative thinking based on their genetics, but that doesn't mean they can't over come them.

I can write so much more on this topic. but no, this isn't a marketing scam, it boils down to raising your vibration and letting go once you set out what you want, and letting go can be the hardest part. Because many fear if they let go they will lose it.  Whether you realize it or not, you use LOA on a daily basis, you create your reality, and things in your life. It took me a while to figure it all out to work the way i wanted it to for me.

You are convoluting a lot of different ideas and philosophies that have nothing to do with each other. Those Bible verses are about having faith in God and trusting that God will provide for your needs. NOT about using your own thoughts or energy to attract what you want, but instead relying on God, and trusting and believing that it will be done so you don't need to "figure it all out to work" the way you want it to work.

I'm sorry but you are incorrect, creating your own reality is LOA and it's concepts are as old as time, they may go by different names, but they are essentially all the same things. The bible actually does have a lot to do with LOA, if you took a moment and listened/read to Neville Goddard you would know he takes the whole bible and breaks it down into energy and vibrations.  Most of these "ideas" all have the same base. No different than religion, in the end the concepts are the same, just the vehicle to get there may differ.  You create your reality, is What you seek is seeking you - Rumi,  It's all the same things in different wrappers. Seth didn't obtain these concepts on his own. Catherine Ponder wrote The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity in 1962 which is all about creating your own reality. "What we think we become" is the exact meaning of creating your own reality. Seth "coined" the phrase, but didn't create the concept.  The concept has been around for ages.

You don't have to have "faith" in a particular system of beliefs for LOA to work for you. YOu do have to have faith in yourself. Most people who try practice these concepts get it wrong, thinking they are doing it right.  The most important thing here is to have self love first, sure you can manifest the small things without it, but the bigger picture it's harder, because you need faith in yourself., self love.  People will say "oh i did all of this and it didn't work "  Well, from experience, I will say people think they have let go of situations, and convince themselves that they have, but are in denial. It's obvious to others around them by their actions. Wanting to let go of something, thinking you have and actually doing it are very different but often confused for one of the same. The importance of self love is not placing anything or anyone above you and your needs , it's learning to put yourself first. In a plane you're told to put the oxygen mask on first before you help anyone with theirs. There's a good reason for it, you can't help someone if you can't breath. Same goes with self love, you can't expect others to love you if you don't love yourself, we teach others how to love us, you can't help anyone in your life unless you're at 100% as well.

When you look at many situations about a particular POI, often many times we give up on them and moved on and they return. Because in that moment we had finally and truly let go.  'what you resist persists -Rumi"  you were resisting letting go. If you look at quantum energy, whatever relationship you form in your life, you have you, that person and then your combined quantum energy. If you feel fear of losing that person, anger towards them, it feeds it to that relationship, whether friend, family or lover. They on a conscious level may not feel it, but they do on an energetic level. How many times have you thought of a person and then they call you? That's LOA, Quantum energy at work.  A lot of psychic ability is tapping into that energy. Energy is influenced by thoughts and feelings.   

Sometimes we think LOA isn't working when it is, we may miss signs, dismiss them or not associate with them, People put time on something that doesn't observe time,  Or are too focused on the how it's going to happen, instead of letting things happen, people have unrealistic exceptions and think it works like a magic lamp. So if you want say a job in marketing at a specific firm, you still have to put yourself out there, and apply for jobs, but that job at the firm may not come to you in a traditional manner. So say you put out the intention that you want to work at ABC firm.  Sure send them a resume, but if they reject you that doesn't mean it didn't work. That means that is not the way you're going to get there. So you put your intention out there and let it go. You take a job somewhere else. It's not as wonderful but it pays the bills.  YOu have a great relationship with one of your clients, you discover that they decided to take their business to ABC firm, but they really like you and put in a word with the company and next thing you know you have a job there. Or you meet someone and become friends, and you're at a gathering and hit it off with someone, later to learn they work for ABC company and they liked you and offer you an interview.  People hold on to the hows when they should let them go.

To build your confidence in the LOA start with small things that don't matter. Like how many people in yellow tshirts you'll see, or manifest a sale. I have become the Queen of manifesting sales and getting the last one of what ever it is. It's a joke in my family. It's also because i have now began to believe it, so it is so. it is my reality.  This is why superstitions happen for many people, because they believe that they will have bad luck for 7 years if they break a mirror, they create that reality for themselves.  Then start manifesting other things into your reality, what this does is not only build confidence but builds faith in yourself and the energy you are using. 

There is a reason they say never share your desires with people, because their energy can effect you and the situation and/or person you are trying to manifest into your reality. Having numerous psychic readings is counterproductive, because you are sending the energy of doubt and non belief into the universe. Sure, get one reading, from someone you trust on how this person feels and if there is potential. Then stop. Then do your POI manifestation practice.  What many don't realize its self sabotaging. And why self love is so important, because you need to reprogram your brain from out dated beliefs and know you are worthy of all of this.  There are many things and steps you can take to make your dreams a reality, but it always starts within you. Think of a car, doesn't matter how amazing it looks on the outside, if the engine isn't maintained then it just sits there and looks pretty, but does get you from A to B.

Offline Wishful Thinker

In life, you don’t get what you want; you get who you are.  Your vibe attracts your tribe.  You are what you think.  It’s not based on a religious aspect; it’s based on science, gravity, vibrations, energies, auras, etc.  Just because something doesn’t work for you, doesn’t mean you have to dispute it when it works for others.  Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it isn’t there. 

It really bothers me when some people on this forum berate and condemn certain Psychics and/or situations because it didn’t work out for them.  There are Psychics that I’ve spoken to that have been accurate for me, but reading the comments, I would think that person is garbage.  It’s ok to agree to disagree.  I’ve heard from some Psychics that they can’t read for some due to their vibes and energies.  You can’t place everything on the Psychic; you have to take a look at what part you play as well.  Peace.

Offline Newlife

So blessed was right about my friend reaching out to me in August, the annoying part is that she reached out through hangout when I saw it I did not return the call, it’s almost a couple of years and now I  don't think I  want to engage with her like we did in the past, although she's been my best friend for 17 years, I think  I’m done with the B.s, I have not seen my godson in over 2 years and I'm supposed to be the next of kin. I had no clue I will feel this kind of resentment, spent time and money on psychics for me to end up feeling like this. I  think part of the resentment is that she was not there when things were bad in my life.

Offline doubleoh8

Hi Heather,

Can you elaborate on Gina Rose on CP? You said: "Gina Rose—She’s picked up some specific things and has been right about general things in the past. The longer she reads the more details she seems to get. I didn’t have the greatest connection with her, but it was still good. I don’t follow her advice because she gives the same advice to everyone. I follow my instincts. I always do in the end."

What advice does she give everyone?

Thanks

Offline whskers

@aquagirl - Thank you for your LoA post. I do believe in LOA and I do know that I have manifested things through LoA. I was just wondering if you can give tips how to be better at LOA. Can you please share basics. Advance thank you.

Offline Heather

Doubleoh8,

She gives advice combined with psychic information. I don’t really care for advice from readers unless I specifically ask for it which I rarely do. I read with her twice and the first ten minutes barely scratched the surface, so I added more time and that leads to a lot of expense.

Offline doubleoh8

Doubleoh8,

She gives advice combined with psychic information. I don’t really care for advice from readers unless I specifically ask for it which I rarely do. I read with her twice and the first ten minutes barely scratched the surface, so I added more time and that leads to a lot of expense.

Thanks for this extra info... although it didn't really answer my question. You said "she gives the same advice to everyone" and I was wondering what that advice was? I am assuming it's the advice you didn't follow... and also wondering if in hindsight you wish you had or not?

If you have time / willingness to answer this specifically, I'd be grateful. Thanks again.

Offline Heather

I’d rather not say what the advice is, but my overall point is that I don’t call a psychic for advice. I call for psychic insight.

Offline K88

Some insights as a current Reader for a psychic line:

Some connections with callers are stronger than others. There are several who I can predict outcomes with a high degree of accuracy.

It’s difficult for me to connect with callers who—
Will only talk for 5 minutes or less
Have a bad phone connection
Are driving with lots of outside noise
Are distracted. A quiet place is best. Even television noise in the background can interfere

Timing: It’s tough sometimes. It can be very clear for one person’s reading and vague for the next. If the caller is insistent on wanting to know a timeframe, I give it my best shot. That’s all I can do. I saw the future for one lady 5 years out. I had no idea it would be that long, but it happened and it was very specific to her.

I need anywhere between 30 seconds to a full minute to connect. I’m a Tarot reader, so if I can get that beginning time to connect with a caller’s energy without being rushed, I can give lots of details. If the caller is in a hurry or wants me to give specific details as soon as he or she begins to speak, then the connection will take even longer.

I give the good and the bad. If I don’t see it working out, I say so. It makes me sad to do it because it can be devastating to certain callers who have unrealistic expectations.

Repeat callers—I’m talking every day, sometimes three times a day. It wears me out. I only have so much information to give and then I’m forced to keep repeating myself. If that’s what comforts the caller then whatever works I guess!

I was a Caller for years before becoming a Reader. Spent so much money that I’m too embarrassed to say! I still call Readers because I just love it! Here are my experiences in no particular order:

Donna: She’s one of the first Readers I spoke with when I first began calling psychics. I will say she was more accurate several years ago than she is now. If you’re a first time caller or it’s been a few months since last speaking with her, she can be dead on. The more I read with her though, the less accurate she is. She’s a pretty good Empath in general.

Caroline: Excellent in picking up a POI’s feelings with specific descriptions.  Not so good with timing and she’ll tell you that. Predictions are hit and miss.

Jacqueline: Some of the stuff she says is crazy accurate. Other stuff is off base so I don’t know.

Tyler: She is decent with both timing and short term predictions.

Leo: Rude as hell. Will never call him back again accurate or not.

Scarlet: A negative Reader. I don’t call anyone when I detect ongoing doom and gloom readings.

Venus: She’s gifted, but she’s not been that accurate for me and she also tends to be negative. I suspect she is probably better for others.

Angelica: Extremely accurate the first time I called her. Nailed a prediction. The next two times—nope! She was reading with her human sense rather than as a psychic.

Dominique: I have mixed emotions about her. She can be scary accurate as an Empath, and I don’t know how she can go on and on and on like that. Some of her predictions have come to pass and some have not.

Tara—One of the best Tarot Readers on the site. She also takes up too much time talking about Taurus and Aries passing through the moon phase in the month of ....5 minutes and $35 later I have to redirect her. She goes off on the wackiest tangents. If you’re willing to make a 20-30 minute call and waste about 12 minutes of it, and listen to her judgmental attitude, she can pull out specific details and solid predictions. It’s actually worth it sometimes.

Ren—She’s been both spot on and wrong. I’d read with her again because when she’s on, she’s excellent.

Amber—Fairly new and green, but she can give some surprisingly accurate details and predictions. Plus, she’s $4.00 right now.

Tajah—She can be really good with details of the current and outcomes. Again, she’s not 100%. No one is.

Indio—The verdict is still out.

Gina Rose—She’s picked up some specific things and has been right about general things in the past. The longer she reads the more details she seems to get. I didn’t have the greatest connection with her, but it was still good. I don’t follow her advice because she gives the same advice to everyone. I follow my instincts. I always do in the end.

Chastity—Hit and miss.

Winter—Good Empath and good with current situations but is a fairytale reader.

Jeremiah—Crazy accurate in the past. We’ll see how good he is for the future. I’ve only read with him twice. His timelines suck.

Tenley—I’m not sure. I just can’t make up my mind about her.

Elijah—He has told me both good and bad things. His predictions are more present-time readings. Still, he’s been pretty good for me.

Blessid—Spoke with her once or twice. She does have a gift.

Giselle—Can say word for word what a POI would say and can be a good Empath. She’s more of a guide than a final outcome type reader.

Natasha—She’s hit and miss but there’s something so uplifting about her that I call her every few months.

Petunia—She’s pretty good with current energies and some smaller predictions. Don’t know about the bigger ones.

Rosanne—Very good Tarot Reader. Some of her timelines are really far out, so I don’t know about the predictions. They seemed strange to me but one never knows.

Raina—Can be scarily accurate but only signs on once a week.

Mercedes—New. I can tell she has a gift somewhat. She probably connects well with others.

Logan—Didn’t care for her.

Peyton—Pretty good but too expensive. Only read with her once.

Monique—Picked up specifics but still wrong on some things.

Delano—Horrible!

Saskia—Nope

Kim—I think she was taking a bath when giving me a reading. Made random guesses.

Anasela—I cannot figure out why she’s so expensive. All she does is say yes and no!

Nathan—Picks up on great details but mixes people up.

Blaze—No connection

Charlotte—Can be excellent when she’s in the groove and not in a bad mood. She can make predictions sometimes. Other times, not so much.

Pollyanna—I’m beginning to think she says the same thing to everybody.

Luna—Gifted but fished for too much information.

Carlotta—She’s decent. Not the best but can get specific with details.

Kallista—Pretty good Tarot Reader. She made me uneasy but I can’t remember why.

Alto—Too flirty. Fairytales.

Dottie—She’s quite good. I think she has a speech issue—stuttering I believe? Has been wrong before but when she’s right, she’s bang on.

Martina—Nuttier than a fruitcake. Been so dead wrong but dammit if she didn’t make a few crazy ass predictions that happened. I don’t know....

Valouria—I would read with her sister Martina again, but not her.

Marin—Very gifted but takes too long to read. She’s too expensive to take such a long time.

Abrielle—Much better in the past. Too expensive now and gives fairytales. It’s not that she isn’t accurate but she can go off on tangents.

Nevaeh—Terrible. Read with her twice and she hardly said anything. 10 minutes later she might have said a few sentences.

Angel—She can be very good but also allows too much dead space when reading. But she can be pretty accurate sometimes.

Stevie—I read with her once and she was too negative.

Trinity—Mean!

Rose Mary—No connection

Asia—I like her. She’s a good reader and can give a few details although not too many. Expensive.

Aliza—Gifted but way too inaccurate to trust.

Zariya—I really like her but she can take a long time to read. She can be very detailed.

Devyn—I like her but she’s also too expensive now. I can’t remember how accurate she was, but I believe she’s good at reading present situations as an Empath.

Pilar—I don’t get it. She came out with these names and I didn’t recognize even one. Hung up the phone.

Raziel—Fairytale but still he’s got that something going on.

Ginger—She’s different but she read my situation accurately. Made a prediction that happened as well. Only read with her a few times because her style can get tiresome.

Kelli—Crazy accurate and crazy wrong at times. Who knows

If I think of any more I’ll add them. I’ve been reading with CP for years. Give me some feedback on some of these or add to the list.

I'm shocked you didn't have Mattie or Effie on this list. Have you ever read with them?

Offline LAW1974

LOA came from Abraham-Hicks...better known among Seth readers as Abrascam, because it is a huge marketing scam and a pathetic ripoff of the Seth material.

Actually the LOA Is much much older, goes to the times of before the bible, It has roots all the way back to Plato and beyond. Plato said "“likes tend towards likes.” Which we know as "like attracts like".

Mark 11:24, Jesus says “Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.”

In Mathew 7:7-9 he says (7) “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. (8) For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. (9) Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?…”

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become.” - Buddha

The New Thought Movement began in the 1800's, That is about when the term "law of attraction" was first used. Books like "A man thinkith" were written in 1902, By James Allen.  "Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World" was published in 1906 by William Walker Atkinson. There are many others. Neville Goddard wrote books from 1940s on ward and his teaching are popularized now. Also during that time "The Seven Hermetic Principles" were published which also includes LOA and is based on  Hermes Trismegistus, which pre dates Jesus.

These aren't new concepts, LOA works. The problem is many people who try to use them think they are doing what they are supposed to but aren't.  I use LOA all the time, it has always worked for me.  I taught others how to use it, they have transformed their lives, I know people I have met along life's path that have used it and have be also extremely successful.  The biggest problem is that people think or want to believe they have raised their vibration and let it go, but haven't.

"Research into quantum mechanics has shown that the act of observing reality creates it.  Attempting to observe something causes it to appear out of the nothing.  By the same token, if you are not aware of something…it does not exist in your subjective reality.  In addition, the so-called placebo effect has indicated that positive or negative attitudes can produce corresponding results.  Furthermore, the work of Dossey and others, have shown that prayer has an effect whether the recipient is aware of it or not.

LOA has also gained support of it's effects in the medical community, "these findings offer promise of positive thinking as an approach for psychological interventions designed to promote life satisfaction" Positive-Thinking and Life Satisfaction amongst Koreans - Ji Young Jung, Yonsei Medical Journal and also published on NCBI.  Scientists working at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging at the Institute of Neurology in London have discovered that people who visualize a better future are more likely to be able to bring that future into existence. Affirmations are support by the psychology community, then there is the whole topic on Mirror Neurons and how they work, down to genetics, people can be predisposed to negative thinking based on their genetics, but that doesn't mean they can't over come them.

I can write so much more on this topic. but no, this isn't a marketing scam, it boils down to raising your vibration and letting go once you set out what you want, and letting go can be the hardest part. Because many fear if they let go they will lose it.  Whether you realize it or not, you use LOA on a daily basis, you create your reality, and things in your life. It took me a while to figure it all out to work the way i wanted it to for me.

LOA is so tricky.  I have been reading and studying it! There's so much more to it than simply "positive thinking because it's all about our subconscious and what were actually putting ou there!  There an amazing show on netflix called heal - watch it! 

Offline kandyna

Tried
GInger today, things she said kinda reasonate but nothing that I can verify due to the her response being more on the general side...

anything