Author Topic: Free will?  (Read 6484 times)

Offline CrazyLace - P

Re: Free will?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 05:26:57 PM »
Hello,

We all have free will, therefore one's free will can drastically change a psychic's prediction. Here's the thing: NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE PSYCHIC ARE PSYCHIC. THEY ARE CON ARTISTS, SCAMMERS, MANIPULATORS AND THE LIKE. Now, some people who claim to be psychic are indeed psychic - or extremely intuitive - or basically, 'having information on a topic or matter without having prior knowledge of or a relationship to that topic or matter'. All of us are intuitive (somewhat psychic), yet some have stronger intuitive energy than others and some choose to develop (strengthen) their intuitive energy.

We all have free will. Yet not all psychics are gifted at the same level, in the same area, nor do all of them give readings from a healed and enlightened perspective. For some, they're great at finding lost objects; for others, they're great at describing a person they've never met. You may have a psychic who is spot-on with your professional life yet totally off the mark in your personal life. The thing is, psychics - those who are gifted - need to inform the client of the gifts they have, they need to be honest with their level of ability, and they need to not support 'unrealistic expectations' that the client may have. I worked at a psychic line and met a few gifted people - I also met some who were manipulators, con artists, and scammers.

I have free will. In 2003, I had a reading and when I asked the psychic about my love life, she said that 'he' (the guy I was dating) was going to invite me to a party that weekend and I would have fun and it would be good for us. He hadn't mention anything to me about a party so I was a little suspect - yet being honest with y'all, he and I weren't talking. :-)  Yes we were dating but we had an argument and I'm emotional and such is life so he was a bit upset with me...which is why I hadn't known about the party that he was planning or had planned. Even though I had received a psychic reading by one of the company's top-rated psychics, I had free will. I unintentionally started another argument because I am an emotional being LOL!! And needless to say I was not invited to the party so I could not have a good time with him and we broke up a few weeks later. You see, her reading could've been true yet I had free will and had to get something else off my chest LOL!!!

Anyhoo, some psychics are good at giving specific types of readings while some psychics are not. Some can be accurate with what they say is going to happen in 15 years while some can be totally inaccurate about what's going to happen next week. Additionally, it's different reading 'situations' than it is giving a direct reading to an individual.

Offline Newlife

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 02:48:57 AM »
You’re saying that the psychic saw the party, the actual event that manifested was you being moody and acting up. Why did the psychic see this ??? The actual the event that will unfold is what a real psychic should be able to predict. If we have choices which I believe but not in a way that would change a reading. A great psychic should be able to see the path, not come up with another path that would not manifest. A long time ago, a psychic predicted something that will happen, I was very determined to change that, unfortunately, I couldn't, it was in mine own power to change it but I could. This reader also told me I can't. This is what I call psychic reading. The line free will is overrated!’ this is a cheap ass excuse. If your reader was very good, she wouldn't have seen you at the party, that is and was the outcome.

Hello,

We all have free will, therefore one's free will can drastically change a psychic's prediction. Here's the thing: NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE PSYCHIC ARE PSYCHIC. THEY ARE CON ARTISTS, SCAMMERS, MANIPULATORS AND THE LIKE. Now, some people who claim to be psychic are indeed psychic - or extremely intuitive - or basically, 'having information on a topic or matter without having prior knowledge of or a relationship to that topic or matter'. All of us are intuitive (somewhat psychic), yet some have stronger intuitive energy than others and some choose to develop (strengthen) their intuitive energy.

We all have free will. Yet not all psychics are gifted at the same level, in the same area, nor do all of them give readings from a healed and enlightened perspective. For some, they're great at finding lost objects; for others, they're great at describing a person they've never met. You may have a psychic who is spot-on with your professional life yet totally off the mark in your personal life. The thing is, psychics - those who are gifted - need to inform the client of the gifts they have, they need to be honest with their level of ability, and they need to not support 'unrealistic expectations' that the client may have. I worked at a psychic line and met a few gifted people - I also met some who were manipulators, con artists, and scammers.

I have free will. In 2003, I had a reading and when I asked the psychic about my love life, she said that 'he' (the guy I was dating) was going to invite me to a party that weekend and I would have fun and it would be good for us. He hadn't mention anything to me about a party so I was a little suspect - yet being honest with y'all, he and I weren't talking. :-)  Yes we were dating but we had an argument and I'm emotional and such is life so he was a bit upset with me...which is why I hadn't known about the party that he was planning or had planned. Even though I had received a psychic reading by one of the company's top-rated psychics, I had free will. I unintentionally started another argument because I am an emotional being LOL!! And needless to say I was not invited to the party so I could not have a good time with him and we broke up a few weeks later. You see, her reading could've been true yet I had free will and had to get something else off my chest LOL!!!

Anyhoo, some psychics are good at giving specific types of readings while some psychics are not. Some can be accurate with what they say is going to happen in 15 years while some can be totally inaccurate about what's going to happen next week. Additionally, it's different reading 'situations' than it is giving a direct reading to an individual.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »
You’re saying that the psychic saw the party, the actual event that manifested was you being moody and acting up. Why did the psychic see this ??? The actual the event that will unfold is what a real psychic should be able to predict. If we have choices which I believe but not in a way that would change a reading. A great psychic should be able to see the path, not come up with another path that would not manifest. A long time ago, a psychic predicted something that will happen, I was very determined to change that, unfortunately, I couldn't, it was in mine own power to change it but I could. This reader also told me I can't. This is what I call psychic reading. The line free will is overrated!’ this is a cheap ass excuse. If your reader was very good, she wouldn't have seen you at the party, that is and was the outcome.

Hello,

I'd like to chime in here  :). I think this is where we may have different views and expectations of psychic ability. A "great psychic" may be subjective to different people in this forum. I'll say this - While I do believe a great psychic should see a path, I dont think it's a matter of "coming up" with another path that would not manifest. (IMHO), that is almost like expecting "black and white". I feel there is a lot of gray area here when predictions happen and that gray area is called "energy". Energy can change. As Humans we change. So I dont see it as the reader is coming up with a random path that wont manifest - at least on purpose (for ethical readers), but based on the current circumstances/energy at the time.

Referencing the line in green (where the psychic mentioned that what was predicted could not change). Honestly, I would term that as a "pre-destined event", something that is meant to happen. The thing is, everything that is predicted, is not necessarily meant to happen. Funny, enough, some people do not believe in pre-destiny! So where some people do not believe in free will, others may not believe in pre-destiny lol.

For me I believe in both. I think there are events that are meant to happen in our lives that wont change even if you tried, and then there are other events where energy changes based on the decision and circumstances that will cause a different outcome. Think Butterfly Effect...

As we all know, all psychics are not gifted the same - to expect the a correct final outcome from all psychics genres may be setting some up for disappointment. We have empaths, mediums, clairvoyants, clairaudients, remote viewers and the list goes on. Most likely - a clairvoyant would give you the likelihood of an outcome or prediction based on the energy they are reading at that time. In the same vein, I would consider the clairvoyant great if they were able to tell you which out of those predictions was a pre-destined event or not (IMO).

Empaths look at thoughts and feelings - think about how often our thoughts and feelings change? Would we really look for an outcome prediction from this type of psychic? They are better for the here and now.

Remote viewers - its like they are clairvoyants that see snippets of predestined events - or even a true live event at that lol!!

I just wanted to chime in because its not so much that I believe in "free will", its exploring the other side of the coin of "pre-destiny" - some people may believe one, the other or both.  ;)

candiednut

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 12:27:38 PM »

Hello,

I believe this too. If it's that easy for free will to change the outcome how come world events predictions could happen thousands of years after they were predicted. Imagine how many free will is involved in that! lol

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 01:02:57 PM »

Hello,

I believe this too. If it's that easy for free will to change the outcome how come world events predictions could happen thousands of years after they were predicted. Imagine how many free will is involved in that! lol

Pre-destiny vs Free Will lol  :)

Curious - do youguys believe everything in life is pre-destined :)? I ask because it seems (IMO lol) that the idea is that once a prediction is given - do you believe is supposed to happen rather than it might happen? Just curious ;)

Also curious, what is your expectation level for readers to get outcomes/predictions correct? Mine is between 75-80% to consider them pretty good anything above 85% is GREAT. I think that if we believe predictions that are given to us are "supposed" to happen, is that like expecting a 100% outcome? lol.....

I think the thing think we are looking for is reliability.

I totally agree with not having psychics "free-willing" all over the place - because it does turn into BS. But we need to look for someone reliable - meaning what is your reliability percentage? If they keep changing predictions or they continue not to manifest than yeah - BS is called. So how can we hold the psychic accocuntable? Reliability. What percentage are you comfortable with?

Offline Car_fanatic

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 02:31:00 PM »

Hello,

Pre-destiny vs Free Will lol  :)

Curious - do youguys believe everything in life is pre-destined :)? I ask because it seems (IMO lol) that the idea is that once a prediction is given - do you believe is supposed to happen rather than it might happen? Just curious ;)

Also curious, what is your expectation level for readers to get outcomes/predictions correct? Mine is between 75-80% to consider them pretty good anything above 85% is GREAT. I think that if we believe predictions that are given to us are "supposed" to happen, is that like expecting a 100% outcome? lol.....

I think the thing think we are looking for is reliability.

I totally agree with not having psychics "free-willing" all over the place - because it does turn into BS. But we need to look for someone reliable - meaning what is your reliability percentage? If they keep changing predictions or they continue not to manifest than yeah - BS is called. So how can we hold the psychic accocuntable? Reliability. What percentage are you comfortable with?

I believe in destiny and I believe our lives are already planned for us by G-d. I'm torn with the above b/c I have one advisor that I call that has continuously told me the same thing and nothing has happened. At the same time, my POI timelines have changed too. Intuitively, I feel that the outcome will be positive and now I just call that advisor b/c he has become a great comfort to me. So although the prediction itself hasn't happened, I know it will and no one can take that away from me and no one has.

Offline CrazyLace - P

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 02:36:52 PM »

Hmmmm, you would have to ask that psychic, I don't know if the psychic is actually psychic or is working with limited ability. I can't speak for others. You know what a 'great psychic' is, you noted it in your response. I believe those type of psychics exist, yet I believe more of those who are manipulators and scammers are more 'popular', more frequently encountered.

Re: 'free will', you can accept that it exists or not. I mention 'free will' to my clients...I am very direct and honest...and so I may say, "Look, you can stay with dude yet he has cheated four times in the past two years and you know about each of those times. He has 'Mommy Issues' and cannot trust women - he will not trust women until he decides to heal from some childhood experiences. With that being said, you love him and all so stay with him. I'm telling you that I know what is about to happen so in two months, when the secret is out, choose to decide then if you shall stay in that relationship or not. You have free will." [FYI - IF THIS EXAMPLE APPLIES TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS I AM SO SORRY! SOMETIMES WHEN I GIVE EXAMPLES I'M ACTUALLY BEING INTUITIVE, GO FIGURE LOL!]

Hello,

Offline PrettyLittleLiz

• Veterans
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 03:57:01 PM »

Hello,

I'd like to chime in here  :). I think this is where we may have different views and expectations of psychic ability. A "great psychic" may be subjective to different people in this forum. I'll say this - While I do believe a great psychic should see a path, I dont think it's a matter of "coming up" with another path that would not manifest. (IMHO), that is almost like expecting "black and white". I feel there is a lot of gray area here when predictions happen and that gray area is called "energy". Energy can change. As Humans we change. So I dont see it as the reader is coming up with a random path that wont manifest - at least on purpose (for ethical readers), but based on the current circumstances/energy at the time.

Referencing the line in green (where the psychic mentioned that what was predicted could not change). Honestly, I would term that as a "pre-destined event", something that is meant to happen. The thing is, everything that is predicted, is not necessarily meant to happen. Funny, enough, some people do not believe in pre-destiny! So where some people do not believe in free will, others may not believe in pre-destiny lol.

For me I believe in both. I think there are events that are meant to happen in our lives that wont change even if you tried, and then there are other events where energy changes based on the decision and circumstances that will cause a different outcome. Think Butterfly Effect...

As we all know, all psychics are not gifted the same - to expect the a correct final outcome from all psychics genres may be setting some up for disappointment. We have empaths, mediums, clairvoyants, clairaudients, remote viewers and the list goes on. Most likely - a clairvoyant would give you the likelihood of an outcome or prediction based on the energy they are reading at that time. In the same vein, I would consider the clairvoyant great if they were able to tell you which out of those predictions was a pre-destined event or not (IMO).

Empaths look at thoughts and feelings - think about how often our thoughts and feelings change? Would we really look for an outcome prediction from this type of psychic? They are better for the here and now.

Remote viewers - its like they are clairvoyants that see snippets of predestined events - or even a true live event at that lol!!

I just wanted to chime in because its not so much that I believe in "free will", its exploring the other side of the coin of "pre-destiny" - some people may believe one, the other or both.  ;)

Excellent post on understanding limitations of gifts and how this relates to readings. I've been getting readings for 10+ years and I couldn't have said it better myself. It's about understanding the gifts they have as readers and applying it to the reading. As this point, I'd say anyone that is ~60% correct is GREAT. That's how off I think even the best readers are and can still be good for certain things.

Offline psychic girls

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2018, 05:20:57 PM »
The Free Will is so BS and an excuse  for them being wrong. I used to read with a very popular psychic on Keen she said my poi and me were twin flame nothing she said come to pass so I contact my poi and she said since I contact him I had chase him away because I didn't listen to what she said block me after I leave her a 1 star rating.

Offline CrazyLace - P

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 06:15:33 PM »

Hello,

Excellent post on understanding limitations of gifts and how this relates to readings. I've been getting readings for 10+ years and I couldn't have said it better myself. It's about understanding the gifts they have as readers and applying it to the reading. As this point, I'd say anyone that is ~60% correct is GREAT. That's how off I think even the best readers are and can still be good for certain things.
Read my topic 'Being Psychic', it may enlighten you.  ;)  Also, you wrote it: 'understanding limitations of gifts and how it relates to readings'. EXCELLENT!! Some desire to read with Psychics and just want information; this person is not my ideal client, sorry. Some desire to read with a Psychic who can help them to heal, transform their lives, embark on a spiritual journey, to better understand themselves; this is my ideal client. So, if you simply want info, you may have an easier time finding several good psychics to use. When wanting something more, something life-changing, one is likely to have a harder time finding such a Psychic as many simply want to relay information. I'm not one of those.   :)  It's wise to start from a more 'balanced' perspective when searching for a gifted psychic as this challenge can be expensive, disheartening, debilitating, and painful.

Offline PrettyLittleLiz

• Veterans
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 07:14:34 PM »

Hello,

Read my topic 'Being Psychic', it may enlighten you.  ;)  Also, you wrote it: 'understanding limitations of gifts and how it relates to readings'. EXCELLENT!! Some desire to read with Psychics and just want information; this person is not my ideal client, sorry. Some desire to read with a Psychic who can help them to heal, transform their lives, embark on a spiritual journey, to better understand themselves; this is my ideal client. So, if you simply want info, you may have an easier time finding several good psychics to use. When wanting something more, something life-changing, one is likely to have a harder time finding such a Psychic as many simply want to relay information. I'm not one of those.   :)  It's wise to start from a more 'balanced' perspective when searching for a gifted psychic as this challenge can be expensive, disheartening, debilitating, and painful.

@CrazyLace - I read it, along with your other posts. I encourage everyone to read them - especially if they're caught in a psychic loop with nothing manifesting as they've been told. I've studied metaphysics and spirituality and they are a big component of my day to day life. Members here that I am friends with can attest to this. There are things CrazyLace has posted that I couldn't have articulated better myself.

Offline CrazyLace - P

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »

Hello,

@CrazyLace - I read it, along with your other posts. I encourage everyone to read them - especially if they're caught in a psychic loop with nothing manifesting as they've been told. I've studied metaphysics and spirituality and they are a big component of my day to day life. Members here that I am friends with can attest to this. There are things CrazyLace has posted that I couldn't have articulated better myself.
Thank you PrettyLittleLiz  :)  And if you have specific questions about Psychics/Intuitives, feel free to message me or start a discussion. I simply want to use my experiences to empower folks. I'm a Psychic and I've worked with Psychics (in a clerical/admin role). I'm tired of folks getting scammed, misled, manipulated, and disempowered. :-\

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »
I believe we have free will but it's not as "free" as people think it is. It is aligned along certain pre-set pathways and timelines to give us the experience of choosing. Ultimately all time is simultaneous, all choices have already been made, and all alternate timelines and probabilities collapse into one organic timeline.

Within the moment we can contemplate different choices and paths and potential outcomes. Each one leads into a stream of energy that shows us what would potentially happen. We can do this looking at the future or the past and see how things would be different if we make different choices. Life is set up this way because this is what helps us learn and grow. If there was only one path to choose from, there would be no growth. But, in the ultimate reality of life, there is only ONE path that everyone's choices will add up to. It is a paradox and you have to bend your mind a little to understand it.

Sometimes psychics see potential outcomes or alternate outcomes, not final outcomes, because we are meant to learn something from seeing the path not taken.

Yes! I agree with this 100%. I believe that the ultimate path is not revealed to us, or revealed to the psychics we talk to. Because we, as an individual, are supposed to discover it.

I also believe that while it looks like we have free will, because we have many options to choose from, our destiny is pre determined, for our soul evolution. So yes we do have free will, and then again we don't. But because we can't see the path that will unravel ultimately, then it appears that we have free will.

Offline CrazyLace - P

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2018, 02:33:34 PM »
I believe we have free will but it's not as "free" as people think it is. It is aligned along certain pre-set pathways and timelines to give us the experience of choosing. Ultimately all time is simultaneous, all choices have already been made, and all alternate timelines and probabilities collapse into one organic timeline.

Within the moment we can contemplate different choices and paths and potential outcomes. Each one leads into a stream of energy that shows us what would potentially happen. We can do this looking at the future or the past and see how things would be different if we make different choices. Life is set up this way because this is what helps us learn and grow. If there was only one path to choose from, there would be no growth. But, in the ultimate reality of life, there is only ONE path that everyone's choices will add up to. It is a paradox and you have to bend your mind a little to understand it.

Sometimes psychics see potential outcomes or alternate outcomes, not final outcomes, because we are meant to learn something from seeing the path not taken.

Sometimes psychics see final outcomes. I have. And sometimes we see various outcomes (for me it's never been no more than three and I share this with the client in an effort to empower them with consciousness while exerting their free will - the will to choose as they see fit). When I refer to 'free will', I'm referring to the ability to do what one feels they should do. I am letting them know that they do not have to follow my guidance or suggestion - as an psychic/intuitive . Because I read via energy, I have told clients what I would do, and then I've told them why I would do such: Because I knew I could handle the fallout. I would then ask them to sit alone with their own Self to assess the timing ('cause sometimes it's not the right time to deal with a matter) to determine how they want to proceed. I think there are a lot of complaints against Psychics that are valid; yet I also think there is a lot about Psychics that people don't understand.

Offline sunshineluv7

• Psychic Callers Anonymous Support Board
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »
The best description of free will I ever got is something like this. God gives us free will as a gift, because he wants us to choose to follow him. But he made the world he put us in and he made us. He loves us so much that while we have free will to do whatever we want in this world, he already knows if we prefer going to the beach or the mountain or maybe we hate the outdoors and want to watch Netflix all day.

Now. Imagine you have a life situation. You can choose do several things. If you loved someon. And knew them really well.... think about a beloved pet, or if you have a child, a best friend, etc. Can you pretty easily know what they are most likely going to do in any given situation? Even if they consider other options? We have a spiritual blueprint.

That's how psychics can read outcomes based on reading feelings and intention which is all energy.

My favorite psychic will tell me "but I don't think you will do that" to things after saying, now you could do blah...

And even when I've come really close to doing that thing lol she's always been right.

And no not because I was like oh but she said I shouldn't.

anything