Author Topic: Tricks of the Trade  (Read 12266 times)

Offline maroonlight

Re: Tricks of the Trade
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 04:14:58 PM »
If you let your feelings control your actions, you're not going to move forward.  A lot of things are hard to do.  You can have the feelings and say f*ck you to them; I'm going to go and get what I really want.

If we all did that, then none of us would be calling psychics.

Only the people who aren't accepting what is already gone. 

Not everyone calls about their ex.

95% of people on here are. If you’re happy and content with your life you don’t need to call fake hotline psychics, that’s just common sense.

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 12:14:22 AM »
I'd say only about half of people inquire about relationships. The rest are calling about jobs, money, school tests, tiffs with friends and family, etc. The repeat serial callers are almost always about relationships though.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 01:02:44 AM »
If you let your feelings control your actions, you're not going to move forward.  A lot of things are hard to do.  You can have the feelings and say f*ck you to them; I'm going to go and get what I really want.

If we all did that, then none of us would be calling psychics.

Only the people who aren't accepting what is already gone. 

Not everyone calls about their ex.

95% of people on here are. If you’re happy and content with your life you don’t need to call fake hotline psychics, that’s just common sense.

Yes!

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 10:18:43 PM »
I'd say only about half of people inquire about relationships. The rest are calling about jobs, money, school tests, tiffs with friends and family, etc. The repeat serial callers are almost always about relationships though.

At least 90% of threads I’ve read have been about a “POI”

No one is obviously calling readers when they are feeling happy. It’s because they are being troubled or are in a very negative state emotionally.

The readers are a huge waste of money and if I felt like everything was going in a positive direction in my life I would not give them a second thought.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 10:20:24 PM »
Not to mention if you’re having problems with money you really have no business calling readers.

candiednut

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 11:04:15 PM »
@maroonlight - did Micah's predictions happen for you?

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 02:56:53 AM »
@maroonlight - did Micah's predictions happen for you?

No. I contacted him myself and we are talking again now but we haven't started dating again or have talked about dating again yet. Even if something does happen, I wouldn't try reading with him again or any other advisor at this point.

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 11:19:14 PM »

No one is obviously calling readers when they are feeling happy. It’s because they are being troubled or are in a very negative state emotionally.

The readers are a huge waste of money and if I felt like everything was going in a positive direction in my life I would not give them a second thought.

The boards don't really draw a generalized sample of people calling for readings. There's more people who are in crisis or addicted to readings on here than what would be an actual sample of callers. Lots of people call in when they have a problem that's nagging them, but it doesn't necessarily impede on their lives in the same way. Lot of people call when they're job hunting or going into exams, or buying a house. Legal issues are common. The people calling about a bad relationship are the ones that end up calling over and over and over again and end up on here.

I've had a lot of good readings over the years, and I've had predictions and outcomes come true for readings. I can't say that every single thing is going in a positive direction for me, but I can't complain either. I just have some problematic people that I have to deal with for the foreseeable future, and I will continue to call on a monthly basis as its been working for me.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 12:38:56 AM »

The boards don't really draw a generalized sample of people calling for readings. There's more people who are in crisis or addicted to readings on here than what would be an actual sample of callers. Lots of people call in when they have a problem that's nagging them, but it doesn't necessarily impede on their lives in the same way. Lot of people call when they're job hunting or going into exams, or buying a house. Legal issues are common. The people calling about a bad relationship are the ones that end up calling over and over and over again and end up on here.

I've had a lot of good readings over the years, and I've had predictions and outcomes come true for readings. I can't say that every single thing is going in a positive direction for me, but I can't complain either. I just have some problematic people that I have to deal with for the foreseeable future, and I will continue to call on a monthly basis as its been working for me.

I've called dozens of these readers and spent close to 5k grand over the past 2 years and not one prediction has ever happened, many of these readers were the most highly recommended on here. There's no way it's that I'm impossible to read or something. I've had readers get present details very accurate many times, but not one thing has ever come out of it. I'm also not the only person on here who has had that experience.

I've just come to the conclusion that they are not the answers to life's problems. You're better off just taking action in your own life to fix things, instead of asking them what will happen, will it be ok, etc. 95% of the time they will only tell you what you want to hear. I've mostly only called about relationships but I inquired about a job once and they told me I would get hired or be called back for a second interview and that didn't happen.

candiednut

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 10:49:34 AM »
@maroonlight - didnt you say someone on best psychic directory told you your poI wasn't coming back and you'd meet a new person and told you the exact month you'd meet him or smth?

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 11:54:59 AM »
@maroonlight - didnt you say someone on best psychic directory told you your poI wasn't coming back and you'd meet a new person and told you the exact month you'd meet him or smth?

Yeah but that wasn’t a hotline. It was $225 for 30 minutes. I called him again on this poi back in December and he said he didn’t know if he would come back or not, so I don’t think I’ll be using that reader again either. He also made a pregnancy prediction which I have no desire to have kids at all especially not right now but thankfully it didn’t happen.

Offline alphabetsoup

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2018, 01:14:05 PM »
I have called readers when I wasn't upset to inquire about an international move, jobs, contracts, real estate deals, legal matters. Not everyone is desperately trying to get an ex back.  Even when I call about my POI I'm not trying to get him back, just trying to get some insight on the odd energy and supernatural things going on.

Also, please don't beat yourself up over feelings you have.  You can let your feelings control your actions that's why we have them.  Please choose love over fear.  Squashing your feelings down because they don't feel appropriate is not healthy. You and your feelings are good enough and are exactly as you should be.

Offline CrazyLace - P

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2018, 02:31:13 PM »
Hello,

I used to work at a psychic hotline. Some people are psychic, some are not. Psychics have various gifts and diverse deliveries. You, should you continue to get readings, need to select one that 'feels' right to you. Do not hesitate to say 'good bye' two minutes into the call if they are not displaying some sort of gift. Also, the client is in control, and so the client must ask specific questions and challenge the psychic if the response is inaccurate; however, intuitive information should not be 'comprehended' via consciousness or imagination - this means that a psychic can tell you that you and your beloved will be divorced in six years while you are in your fourth year of marriage, just had your second child, and are both (seemingly) fulfilled. You can't 'see' via your consciousness that outcome occurring, yet by year five and a half, you discover he's been unfaithful...and then starts the downhill spiral.

Not all psychics - the real ones - will connect with all clients. It's up to the client - again, using their control/power - to select a psychic that fits their needs.

Some psychics read via energy, they don't use tools of any sort (Astrology, Numerology, Tarot Cards, Runes, Playing Cards, etc.). With that being said, energy changes. Additionally, the client has free will and can alter an outcome. A psychic can tell you that you will win the lotto this year so play, yet responsibly. Now, if you immediately go outside and play in traffic, the likelihood of you ending your life is high and the likelihood of you winning the lottery can become null and void. It's a challenge sometimes to share intuitive information regarding future events because energy changes, the client has free will, and many times, one thing needs to happen before another thing can occur. So if you're not doing what you need to do (i.e., "a soul-stirring love is likely to enter your life in two to three months" yet you're still dealing with your ex so you are not likely to recognize or receive the 'soul-stirring love', it's not the psychic's error; it's your actions that prevented the 'prediction' from occurring.

You always want to be able to validate information in real time. You may not be able to validate all as some may be future-oriented, or some may pertain to another and you don't know the details; still, never put trust in a psychic who hasn't - in that moment in time - proven their ability or gift.

Remember that some psychics - probably many - are business owners. Their intent is to grow their business, pay bills, buy something specific, etc. They will try to keep you on the line, tell you things that are not true, and even make up stuff to make you feel good and likely to call them back. You should make sure that your chosen intuitive is of light (healing, healed, prayerful, etc - simply implying they are of good energy as some are damaged souls who have abilities and are using their abilities to damage other souls).

I do hope you find who you need to complement your own soul's energy. Some gifted intuitives exist; yet so do some shady con artists with psychic abilities.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 02:37:37 PM »
I have called readers when I wasn't upset to inquire about an international move, jobs, contracts, real estate deals, legal matters. Not everyone is desperately trying to get an ex back.  Even when I call about my POI I'm not trying to get him back, just trying to get some insight on the odd energy and supernatural things going on.

Also, please don't beat yourself up over feelings you have.  You can let your feelings control your actions that's why we have them.  Please choose love over fear.  Squashing your feelings down because they don't feel appropriate is not healthy. You and your feelings are good enough and are exactly as you should be.

Because they have failed me so many times in the relationship area, I just couldn't trust them enough to call them about important matters. What they say in my experience is just not reliable enough. Someone I know who inquired about getting a job with a psychic hotline was told by the hotline that love and relationships are the only thing that people call about, so I'm still going to say that the majority of the time that is why people are calling. I've honestly never really felt the urge to call about other matters because I'm a pretty critical thinker and am usually good at coming up with solutions, but I just don't have that control over my love life, my feelings, and the other person involved obviously.

Thank you for the comment you made in your last sentence. I really hate myself for holding onto this guy like I have been. I just want him so much and we are still talking so I don't feel like the door has been completely shut yet..I guess only time will tell what happens next and if it doesn't work out in my favor I will move on from him just like I did from the last 2 POI's. I'm really just taking a break from dating other people right now because I just didn't like anyone that I met and I refuse to date people that I don't feel a connection with.

Offline Newlife

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 03:01:03 PM »
If you see something happening, why should the be specific action be required? It's like a play in the movie, is either you see me in it or not, why shout that be cut off?

Hello,

I used to work at a psychic hotline. Some people are psychic, some are not. Psychics have various gifts and diverse deliveries. You, should you continue to get readings, need to select one that 'feels' right to you. Do not hesitate to say 'good bye' two minutes into the call if they are not displaying some sort of gift. Also, the client is in control, and so the client must ask specific questions and challenge the psychic if the response is inaccurate; however, intuitive information should not be 'comprehended' via consciousness or imagination - this means that a psychic can tell you that you and your beloved will be divorced in six years while you are in your fourth year of marriage, just had your second child, and are both (seemingly) fulfilled. You can't 'see' via your consciousness that outcome occurring, yet by year five and a half, you discover he's been unfaithful...and then starts the downhill spiral.

Not all psychics - the real ones - will connect with all clients. It's up to the client - again, using their control/power - to select a psychic that fits their needs.

Some psychics read via energy, they don't use tools of any sort (Astrology, Numerology, Tarot Cards, Runes, Playing Cards, etc.). With that being said, energy changes. Additionally, the client has free will and can alter an outcome. A psychic can tell you that you will win the lotto this year so play, yet responsibly. Now, if you immediately go outside and play in traffic, the likelihood of you ending your life is high and the likelihood of you winning the lottery can become null and void. It's a challenge sometimes to share intuitive information regarding future events because energy changes, the client has free will, and many times, one thing needs to happen before another thing can occur. So if you're not doing what you need to do (i.e., "a soul-stirring love is likely to enter your life in two to three months" yet you're still dealing with your ex so you are not likely to recognize or receive the 'soul-stirring love', it's not the psychic's error; it's your actions that prevented the 'prediction' from occurring.

You always want to be able to validate information in real time. You may not be able to validate all as some may be future-oriented, or some may pertain to another and you don't know the details; still, never put trust in a psychic who hasn't - in that moment in time - proven their ability or gift.

Remember that some psychics - probably many - are business owners. Their intent is to grow their business, pay bills, buy something specific, etc. They will try to keep you on the line, tell you things that are not true, and even make up stuff to make you feel good and likely to call them back. You should make sure that your chosen intuitive is of light (healing, healed, prayerful, etc - simply implying they are of good energy as some are damaged souls who have abilities and are using their abilities to damage other souls).

I do hope you find who you need to complement your own soul's energy. Some gifted intuitives exist; yet so do some shady con artists with psychic abilities.

Thanks for sharing. The thing I don't get is, if a specific action is required for the outcome to occur - why doesn't the psychic say "this is what I see happening but only if..." when they say "this is what I see happening" then we would assume that that outcome will 99% happen.

I had a psychic tell me something was going to happen and when it didn't and I called her back to ask, she said "yeah..I wasn't 100% on that, I had to look hard for it" - then why did you tell me?? lol

I also read with a psychic and on her profile she says Spirit doesn't reveal everything when you're not supposed to know or knowing would interfere with the desired outcome etc, I think this is ethical and the logical way to do it.

anything