Author Topic: Tricks of the Trade  (Read 12285 times)

Offline Sparkle002

Re: Tricks of the Trade
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »
Hello,

I used to work at a psychic hotline. Some people are psychic, some are not. Psychics have various gifts and diverse deliveries. You, should you continue to get readings, need to select one that 'feels' right to you. Do not hesitate to say 'good bye' two minutes into the call if they are not displaying some sort of gift. Also, the client is in control, and so the client must ask specific questions and challenge the psychic if the response is inaccurate; however, intuitive information should not be 'comprehended' via consciousness or imagination - this means that a psychic can tell you that you and your beloved will be divorced in six years while you are in your fourth year of marriage, just had your second child, and are both (seemingly) fulfilled. You can't 'see' via your consciousness that outcome occurring, yet by year five and a half, you discover he's been unfaithful...and then starts the downhill spiral.

Not all psychics - the real ones - will connect with all clients. It's up to the client - again, using their control/power - to select a psychic that fits their needs.

Some psychics read via energy, they don't use tools of any sort (Astrology, Numerology, Tarot Cards, Runes, Playing Cards, etc.). With that being said, energy changes. Additionally, the client has free will and can alter an outcome. A psychic can tell you that you will win the lotto this year so play, yet responsibly. Now, if you immediately go outside and play in traffic, the likelihood of you ending your life is high and the likelihood of you winning the lottery can become null and void. It's a challenge sometimes to share intuitive information regarding future events because energy changes, the client has free will, and many times, one thing needs to happen before another thing can occur. So if you're not doing what you need to do (i.e., "a soul-stirring love is likely to enter your life in two to three months" yet you're still dealing with your ex so you are not likely to recognize or receive the 'soul-stirring love', it's not the psychic's error; it's your actions that prevented the 'prediction' from occurring.

You always want to be able to validate information in real time. You may not be able to validate all as some may be future-oriented, or some may pertain to another and you don't know the details; still, never put trust in a psychic who hasn't - in that moment in time - proven their ability or gift.

Remember that some psychics - probably many - are business owners. Their intent is to grow their business, pay bills, buy something specific, etc. They will try to keep you on the line, tell you things that are not true, and even make up stuff to make you feel good and likely to call them back. You should make sure that your chosen intuitive is of light (healing, healed, prayerful, etc - simply implying they are of good energy as some are damaged souls who have abilities and are using their abilities to damage other souls).

I do hope you find who you need to complement your own soul's energy. Some gifted intuitives exist; yet so do some shady con artists with psychic abilities.

Thanks for sharing. The thing I don't get is, if a specific action is required for the outcome to occur - why doesn't the psychic say "this is what I see happening but only if..." when they say "this is what I see happening" then we would assume that that outcome will 99% happen.

I had a psychic tell me something was going to happen and when it didn't and I called her back to ask, she said "yeah..I wasn't 100% on that, I had to look hard for it" - then why did you tell me it was going to happen?? lol

I also read with a psychic and on her profile she says Spirit doesn't reveal everything when you're not supposed to know or knowing would interfere with the desired outcome etc, I think this is ethical and the logical way to do it.

The only reader I've heard do this is Cookie. She will say "when this that or this happens, you will then be elevated, or she will see xy and z" happen

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2018, 04:26:38 PM »
Hello,

I used to work at a psychic hotline. Some people are psychic, some are not. Psychics have various gifts and diverse deliveries. You, should you continue to get readings, need to select one that 'feels' right to you. Do not hesitate to say 'good bye' two minutes into the call if they are not displaying some sort of gift. Also, the client is in control, and so the client must ask specific questions and challenge the psychic if the response is inaccurate; however, intuitive information should not be 'comprehended' via consciousness or imagination - this means that a psychic can tell you that you and your beloved will be divorced in six years while you are in your fourth year of marriage, just had your second child, and are both (seemingly) fulfilled. You can't 'see' via your consciousness that outcome occurring, yet by year five and a half, you discover he's been unfaithful...and then starts the downhill spiral.

Not all psychics - the real ones - will connect with all clients. It's up to the client - again, using their control/power - to select a psychic that fits their needs.

Some psychics read via energy, they don't use tools of any sort (Astrology, Numerology, Tarot Cards, Runes, Playing Cards, etc.). With that being said, energy changes. Additionally, the client has free will and can alter an outcome. A psychic can tell you that you will win the lotto this year so play, yet responsibly. Now, if you immediately go outside and play in traffic, the likelihood of you ending your life is high and the likelihood of you winning the lottery can become null and void. It's a challenge sometimes to share intuitive information regarding future events because energy changes, the client has free will, and many times, one thing needs to happen before another thing can occur. So if you're not doing what you need to do (i.e., "a soul-stirring love is likely to enter your life in two to three months" yet you're still dealing with your ex so you are not likely to recognize or receive the 'soul-stirring love', it's not the psychic's error; it's your actions that prevented the 'prediction' from occurring.

You always want to be able to validate information in real time. You may not be able to validate all as some may be future-oriented, or some may pertain to another and you don't know the details; still, never put trust in a psychic who hasn't - in that moment in time - proven their ability or gift.

Remember that some psychics - probably many - are business owners. Their intent is to grow their business, pay bills, buy something specific, etc. They will try to keep you on the line, tell you things that are not true, and even make up stuff to make you feel good and likely to call them back. You should make sure that your chosen intuitive is of light (healing, healed, prayerful, etc - simply implying they are of good energy as some are damaged souls who have abilities and are using their abilities to damage other souls).

I do hope you find who you need to complement your own soul's energy. Some gifted intuitives exist; yet so do some shady con artists with psychic abilities.

I do believe that there are people with true gifts in the world, but 95% of hotline readers regardless if it is bitwine, CP, Keen, or Asknow are going to give you positive outcomes. The few that did give me negative outcomes were completely wrong in past/present details and how the situation would play out, so I can't give them any credit either unfortunately.

That's the whole problem. I've had readers say accurate things on past and present details, some being not easy to guess, but no predictions ever happen. I can't truly validate anything until the prediction timing has passed or not.

If they are gifted enough to really see the future, I shouldn't have to do specific things for the prediction to happen. If they say I will meet someone in 2 months, then I should meet someone in 2 months. If I go on dating sites or to bars frequently then I could very well "make" myself meet someone within the next 2 months. That being said, we do have free will and obviously no gifted person is going to be 100% accurate, but they should be able to see the most likely outcome instead of a "maybe if you do this" outcome.

Offline CrazyLace - P

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »
Hello,

I do believe that there are people with true gifts in the world, but 95% of hotline readers regardless if it is bitwine, CP, Keen, or Asknow are going to give you positive outcomes. The few that did give me negative outcomes were completely wrong in past/present details and how the situation would play out, so I can't give them any credit either unfortunately.

That's the whole problem. I've had readers say accurate things on past and present details, some being not easy to guess, but no predictions ever happen. I can't truly validate anything until the prediction timing has passed or not.

If they are gifted enough to really see the future, I shouldn't have to do specific things for the prediction to happen. If they say I will meet someone in 2 months, then I should meet someone in 2 months. If I go on dating sites or to bars frequently then I could very well "make" myself meet someone within the next 2 months. That being said, we do have free will and obviously no gifted person is going to be 100% accurate, but they should be able to see the most likely outcome instead of a "maybe if you do this" outcome.

Firstly, one should never seek assistance from a variety of psychics, this is the basis for internal confusion and chaos. Each psychic is not gifted the same, all who say they are psychic are not, and you have free will. Maybe discover one or two gifted psychics to be a part of your 'support group'? Secondly, stop reading with a psychic if they cannot relay current and past information. How can you trust a psychic who can't get anything right about now or then, yet is so positive about what's to come? Also, all psychic readings do not receive positive outcomes. Depending on what the client is talking about, they may have great news regarding their love lief yet also be informed that a 'passing' is to come. Furthermore, psychics have different reading styles. Know what type of energy you want to interact with so that you may discover him or her. Some psychics are direct, some have a more compassionate approach, some are laid back and off the chain, yet they are intuitive.  ;-) 

I don't like the word 'prediction' because it makes me uncomfortable. A psychic who reads via energy is 'following' the energy of the situation all the while noting your energy (the client's) and possibly even that of another (if it's a question about a relationship)...during this process, some state an outcome, and it happens. Some may state an outcome, and it doesn't. Such is life. We all have free will and we all are ever-changing energy. Lastly, some psychics are simply trying to make money and pay bills...they need to keep the client satisfied. Then there are those who will speak directly and let you know you are 'likely' to meet someone at the gas station (you know the one, near the new shopping center) and it may be on a Wednesday, more than likely in the evening. Now you see how specific I was yet used the words 'likely', 'may be', and 'more than likely'? Because folks expect each word a psychic says to be 'bond'. It is not...'cause they may not be psychic.  And even if they are, how gifted are they? There are some psychic readings that are 100% accurate depending on the psychic you choose, their level of ability, and your level of self-awareness and acceptance. :-)

Offline CrazyLace - P

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2018, 06:49:03 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for sharing. The thing I don't get is, if a specific action is required for the outcome to occur - why doesn't the psychic say "this is what I see happening but only if..." when they say "this is what I see happening" then we would assume that that outcome will 99% happen.

I had a psychic tell me something was going to happen and when it didn't and I called her back to ask, she said "yeah..I wasn't 100% on that, I had to look hard for it" - then why did you tell me it was going to happen?? lol

I also read with a psychic and on her profile she says Spirit doesn't reveal everything when you're not supposed to know or knowing would interfere with the desired outcome etc, I think this is ethical and the logical way to do it.
You're welcome. I can't speak for other psychics or intuitives. Some are simply more honest and confident than others. Some are simply more gifted than others. The best way for them to share their gifts/abilities is to not act as if they hold all the answers, being honest with their interpretations of the intuitive information, gifts used (as some psychics have many), and the existence of free will. If more psychics/intuitives were honest, there would be less discouragement and skepticism. Additionally, some are not psychic yet read the Tarot Cards...know that 'trick of the trade'.  ;-)  Now, know that some psychics use the Tarot Cards and are indeed psychic; the Cards aid in their intuitive ability, connection and such (in some cases, it's a crutch). And then there are those who don't use any 'tools'...

Yeah, sometimes intuitive information will only go so deeply. Sometimes the psychic can't receive info, yet they don't tell you that and make up something. And sometimes they aren't 'given access' to such information as Spirit knows if the client is able to handle such at that current point in time. Additionally, a psychic may pick up something negative, yet will not tell you because they don't want to hurt your feelings...which I feel is dishonest and disrespectful.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2018, 07:00:12 PM »
Hello,

I actually had a reader (I don't remember who-it was on Keen) who used to tell me what specifically NOT to do regarding a POI I was calling about at the time...and of course, I went ahead and did it anyway, and the results were not good.  I think she saw what was going to happen if I put pressure on him or gave him ultimatums and was warning me against it.  Looking back, she was right but I'm not sure if the outcome would have changed if I had followed her advice anyway, he ended up being a huge disappointment. 

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2018, 07:45:23 PM »
Hello,

Firstly, one should never seek assistance from a variety of psychics, this is the basis for internal confusion and chaos. Each psychic is not gifted the same, all who say they are psychic are not, and you have free will. Maybe discover one or two gifted psychics to be a part of your 'support group'? Secondly, stop reading with a psychic if they cannot relay current and past information. How can you trust a psychic who can't get anything right about now or then, yet is so positive about what's to come? Also, all psychic readings do not receive positive outcomes. Depending on what the client is talking about, they may have great news regarding their love lief yet also be informed that a 'passing' is to come. Furthermore, psychics have different reading styles. Know what type of energy you want to interact with so that you may discover him or her. Some psychics are direct, some have a more compassionate approach, some are laid back and off the chain, yet they are intuitive.  ;-) 

I don't like the word 'prediction' because it makes me uncomfortable. A psychic who reads via energy is 'following' the energy of the situation all the while noting your energy (the client's) and possibly even that of another (if it's a question about a relationship)...during this process, some state an outcome, and it happens. Some may state an outcome, and it doesn't. Such is life. We all have free will and we all are ever-changing energy. Lastly, some psychics are simply trying to make money and pay bills...they need to keep the client satisfied. Then there are those who will speak directly and let you know you are 'likely' to meet someone at the gas station (you know the one, near the new shopping center) and it may be on a Wednesday, more than likely in the evening. Now you see how specific I was yet used the words 'likely', 'may be', and 'more than likely'? Because folks expect each word a psychic says to be 'bond'. It is not...'cause they may not be psychic.  And even if they are, how gifted are they? There are some psychic readings that are 100% accurate depending on the psychic you choose, their level of ability, and your level of self-awareness and acceptance. :-)

^^ I agree with this! When I started, I tried so many...but that was because I was new to the whole thing....but once I found my "team" my "squad" I stuck with them. I won't lie and say I haven't dabbled with a couple or so (due to rave reviews on the board and out of curiosity) but...I always stuck with my squad.

This is very insightful - thanks for your post!

Offline sunshineluv7

• Psychic Callers Anonymous Support Board
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 07:49:12 PM »
I'd back up everything Crazy Lace(y) (sorry I want to make it rhyme lol) said except for the part about tarot being a trick of the trade. I think its more of just a trade, unless it's going back to what i wrote about them using it to help someone who primarily reads energy verify the information they are reading.

By my personal experiences - probably 80-90 percent of working "psychics" out there are relying on the "for entertainment only" clause, and the remaining are gifted and at times mind-blowingly gifted.

(topic change)

That's why psychic readings can be as addictive as gambling. It has the same type of feedback loop.

miss- miss - win- miss - big win - miss - win - win - etc.

Actually, I'm going to start a new thread. Y'all might find what my therapist said super interesting.

Offline CrazyLace - P

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2018, 01:48:53 PM »
Hello,

^^ I agree with this! When I started, I tried so many...but that was because I was new to the whole thing....but once I found my "team" my "squad" I stuck with them. I won't lie and say I haven't dabbled with a couple or so (due to rave reviews on the board and out of curiosity) but...I always stuck with my squad.

This is very insightful - thanks for your post!

You're very welcome! And that's why I wanted to share my experiences so that people can be better prepared to discover a psychic/intuitive to add to their team.   :)  Yet truly, if one is into psychic/intuitive readings and has two possibly three psychics/intuitives as members of their 'team', I personally feel that's fine. Or they may have one. You see, what people don't realize is the varying gifts/abilities a psychic/intuitive has. With that being said, you may have 'Ashley' as your Medium for when you want to connect with family because she is soooooo good at that. You may call 'Jack' when you need help with your professional life as he is so spot-on with 'less emotionally connected questions and situations'. And then you may reach out to 'Sara' because she is a gifted Empath and can enlighten you on people in your intimate life. So if one has speaks with multiple psychics/intuitives, I hope they are being conscious, responsible and strategic.   8)

Offline CrazyLace - P

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2018, 02:43:21 PM »
I'd back up everything Crazy Lace(y) (sorry I want to make it rhyme lol) said except for the part about tarot being a trick of the trade. I think its more of just a trade, unless it's going back to what i wrote about them using it to help someone who primarily reads energy verify the information they are reading.

By my personal experiences - probably 80-90 percent of working "psychics" out there are relying on the "for entertainment only" clause, and the remaining are gifted and at times mind-blowingly gifted.

(topic change)

That's why psychic readings can be as addictive as gambling. It has the same type of feedback loop.

miss- miss - win- miss - big win - miss - win - win - etc.

Actually, I'm going to start a new thread. Y'all might find what my therapist said super interesting.

I don't know what you mean by 'using the Tarot as a trick of the trade'...I'm sorry if you thought using the Tarot Cards was a trick. No they are not. I started out reading Tarot Cards and then I stopped 'cause I don't want to use tools. Many intuitives use the Tarot Cards to develop their intuitive energy, some only use the Cards when reading because they want to (their presence can be 'calming'), or because it aids in the intuitive interpretation. Yet also know, some Tarot Card Readers are intuitive/psychic; some are simply skilled at reading the Cards.

Re: 'for entertainment purposes only'...that is required by law to be posted. It's on my website yet I don't read for 'entertainment purposes', I read for 'healing purposes'.

...and so you're a rapper!!  LOL!!!! 8)

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »
Yet also know, some Tarot Card Readers are intuitive/psychic; some are simply skilled at reading the Cards.

I personal have a problem with readers who only read tarot and have no intuitive and/or psychic ability at all, but call themselves psychic. So not true.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2018, 05:42:52 PM »
Yet also know, some Tarot Card Readers are intuitive/psychic; some are simply skilled at reading the Cards.

I personal have a problem with readers who only read tarot and have no intuitive and/or psychic ability at all, but call themselves psychic. So not true.

Yeah I avoid readers like that. Anybody can use tarot cards, runes, pendulums, etc. I would rather just do a tarot reading for myself than pay someone to do it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:39:28 PM by maroonlight »

Offline Seeker23

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2018, 03:20:35 PM »
So here it is. In the fall it will be 3 years since I started calling psychics on a regular to an occasional basis, and I am still on my 3rd POI who I have not seen since November, but have remained in contact with since we stopped seeing each other.

I would say it's been nothing but a failure on almost every reader I spoke to's part. They all said we would be back together by now. All is not completely lost as we started talking again a few days ago after not talking for almost 3 months, but pretty much none of the predictions happened.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason people say psychics were accurate on past and present details but could not get any predictions right is because they say general things that sound specific enough to apply to you personally, but they could actually apply to almost anyone. "He's confused." "He has a lot on his plate." "His job is stressful." "He's afraid of commitment." "I sense a 3rd party." "There's not enough communication."

The list goes on. All of these statements are accurate for many people, but they are not specific to you. When I think back to all of the readings I've had over the past 2 1/2 years, I remember a great majority of readers saying these things and nothing ever panned out. I know they're saying this stuff to everyone, not just me.

The next thing that usually comes along after those statements are some type of predictions along the lines of "Things will move slowly." or they give you a time frame somewhere between 2 weeks and 2 months for things to turn around. Depending on which month you call, the next couple months after that one will be when something occurs. Yeah, sure.

So unfortunately I wasted more money, not as much as before, but still enough to count, on more useless readers for temporary emotional comfort. I guess things could be worse considering my last 2 POI's were basically out of the picture when I was calling about them, but even if we do get back together, I would not consider any of these psychics to be correct.

All the Psychics I read with in the past gave  timeline of 2-3 months. Well, 2-3 months past...nothing happen. No one said it was going to happen slowly, though.

I, always, got it is the other person that is causing the negativity and manipulating.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
I always get the 2-3 months time period. Sometimes it's 1 month or 2-3 weeks. I've been strung along like this for 6 months, with each psychic telling me that next month the communication will be better, or that next month things will move along. Or in 2 months. This is one of the reasons why now I don't want to get a reading because I don't want to hear stuff about timing that will not be true.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »
I always get the 2-3 months time period. Sometimes it's 1 month or 2-3 weeks. I've been strung along like this for 6 months, with each psychic telling me that next month the communication will be better, or that next month things will move along. Or in 2 months. This is one of the reasons why now I don't want to get a reading because I don't want to hear stuff about timing that will not be true.

So true, they love that 2-3 month timeline.  SMH.

Offline Seeker23

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2018, 09:09:46 AM »
Because of that timeline I look at it skeptically and read a few dating articles that stated on average a 2-3 month period is when an ex or someone your are dating will contact their ex.

I forgot if it was a psychology article. But there are sources they could of pulled that from. Just picked through them to use.

4-5 months was another timeline for one particular thing to happen. We are close to that timeline and it doesn't look like it will occur.

I do not see the point to go back and question any of them. Because the same statement of, "they went in the opposite direction, will be used. Well, if they went in the opposite direction, that should of been seen they would long ago. C'mon now.