Author Topic: Tricks of the Trade  (Read 12276 times)

Offline maroonlight

Tricks of the Trade
« on: July 02, 2018, 03:23:03 AM »
So here it is. In the fall it will be 3 years since I started calling psychics on a regular to an occasional basis, and I am still on my 3rd POI who I have not seen since November, but have remained in contact with since we stopped seeing each other.

I would say it's been nothing but a failure on almost every reader I spoke to's part. They all said we would be back together by now. All is not completely lost as we started talking again a few days ago after not talking for almost 3 months, but pretty much none of the predictions happened.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason people say psychics were accurate on past and present details but could not get any predictions right is because they say general things that sound specific enough to apply to you personally, but they could actually apply to almost anyone. "He's confused." "He has a lot on his plate." "His job is stressful." "He's afraid of commitment." "I sense a 3rd party." "There's not enough communication."

The list goes on. All of these statements are accurate for many people, but they are not specific to you. When I think back to all of the readings I've had over the past 2 1/2 years, I remember a great majority of readers saying these things and nothing ever panned out. I know they're saying this stuff to everyone, not just me.

The next thing that usually comes along after those statements are some type of predictions along the lines of "Things will move slowly." or they give you a time frame somewhere between 2 weeks and 2 months for things to turn around. Depending on which month you call, the next couple months after that one will be when something occurs. Yeah, sure.

So unfortunately I wasted more money, not as much as before, but still enough to count, on more useless readers for temporary emotional comfort. I guess things could be worse considering my last 2 POI's were basically out of the picture when I was calling about them, but even if we do get back together, I would not consider any of these psychics to be correct.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:26:29 AM by maroonlight »

candiednut

Re: Tricks of the Trade
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 11:32:20 AM »
I agree with you but if you and your POI are talking now, weren't a lot of the readers right? Maybe they are wrong aobut reconciliation timeframe

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »
I agree with you but if you and your POI are talking now, weren't a lot of the readers right? Maybe they are wrong aobut reconciliation timeframe

The thing is, 95% of the readers are going to give you a positive outcome regardless of who you call about. So even if we reconcile, I'm not going to bother again. Everything they said was far fetched and everything was supposed to be amazing by June etc.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 12:30:47 PM »
Yes, they suck us in by saying things are very general, that could apply to a lot of people.

However I have had readers tell me things about past/present that were very specific, no way they could have guessed, and they were still wrong about future predictions.

I just don't believe many of them can really see the future, or sometimes they can see parts of it but not the ultimate outcome.

I had that happen a couple times too and yes the predictions still never happened. I believe that the current situation with my POI is purely coincidental, not predictions on their way to coming true.

Offline njlady

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 03:14:48 PM »
Why do you want to keep getting back together with exes?  That is living your life looking in the rear view mirror.  When he leaves, cut him off.   And you call and call and call because you want your past that didn't work out back again?

If I were at a restaurant and was told that my meal would be out in 10 minutes, it didn't come, asked again, was given a new time frame, didn't happen, got a new time frame andthat didn't happen either,  I wouldn't keep asking. 

Have you tried asking what you need to work on relationship wise or in choosing specific qualities in a man?

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 04:12:33 PM »
Why do you want to keep getting back together with exes?  That is living your life looking in the rear view mirror.  When he leaves, cut him off.   And you call and call and call because you want your past that didn't work out back again?

If I were at a restaurant and was told that my meal would be out in 10 minutes, it didn't come, asked again, was given a new time frame, didn't happen, got a new time frame andthat didn't happen either,  I wouldn't keep asking. 

Have you tried asking what you need to work on relationship wise or in choosing specific qualities in a man?

If you haven't already noticed, 99% of people on this website are calling about someone an ex, someone from their past, or someone who doesn't share the same feelings, or a toxic relationship. Probably 95% of people in general who contact psychics are contacting them because of the same reasons.

I went through a period where I was meeting and dating new people, and just nothing clicked for me or sparked my interest. I can't stop thinking about him or wanting him. If I could control my emotions like that then I would've saved close to 5k because I never would've contacted psychics in the first place if it wasn't for the emotional heartache I've experienced.

If I could just control everything that I feel with a snap of my finger I wouldn't be on this website because I wouldn't be calling psychics.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 04:18:39 PM »

If you haven't already noticed, 99% of people on this website are calling about someone an ex, someone from their past, or someone who doesn't share the same feelings, or a toxic relationship. Probably 95% of people in general who contact psychics are contacting them because of the same reasons.

I went through a period where I was meeting and dating new people, and just nothing clicked for me or sparked my interest. I can't stop thinking about him or wanting him. If I could control my emotions like that then I would've saved close to 5k because I never would've contacted psychics in the first place if it wasn't for the emotional heartache I've experienced.

If I could just control everything that I feel with a snap of my finger I wouldn't be on this website because I wouldn't be calling psychics.

I agree.  not so easy to let go.  Personally, I don't click with many and I don't really have intense chemistry with many either, so when I do find that, it's hard for me to move on...

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 05:04:04 PM »

I went through a period where I was meeting and dating new people, and just nothing clicked for me or sparked my interest. I can't stop thinking about him or wanting him. If I could control my emotions like that then I would've saved close to 5k because I never would've contacted psychics in the first  place if it wasn't for the emotional heartache I've experienced.

I agree.  not so easy to let go.  Personally, I don't click with many and I don't really have intense chemistry with many either, so when I do find that, it's hard for me to move on...

That’s my whole problem. I can meet one person after another and feel no chemistry, and then when I meet someone I like it’s really intense and I have a really hard time letting go.

We aren’t crazy. Like I said, if everyone could just control their feelings and move on right after someone leaves then, psychic networks would not be getting any business.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 10:23:25 PM »

That’s my whole problem. I can meet one person after another and feel no chemistry, and then when I meet someone I like it’s really intense and I have a really hard time letting go.

We aren’t crazy. Like I said, if everyone could just control their feelings and move on right after someone leaves then, psychic networks would not be getting any business.

Same for me. I don't meet many men I truly have chemistry with, or have much in common with or have a connection with. And I won't settle for being with someone who bores me or can't relate to me.

I bet there are astrological features in our natal charts that correspond to this. I have Pluto in my first house and I believe it tends to increase the desire for an intense connection.

It’s certainly frustrating, but I can’t date someone just for the sake of dating them, nor can I magically delete my feelings for someone.

I tried dating others but I just wasn’t having any luck so I took a break.

It’s annoying because we are talking again and I know he likes me but for whatever reason won’t act on it. At some point when I feel more comfortable I am going to ask him if he wants to go out and see how he responds to that. I know part of the reason that I haven’t let go is because he hasn’t cut me off completely but at the same time I feel there is a chance for reconciliation because of that. Time will tell. I am just done trying new readers because it’s gotten me nowhere. They don’t know jack shit.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 04:19:27 PM »
Oh yeah the boredom.
To just go out to dinner or to just be friends with a guy to get a free meal. I hate when people tell me that. I find it's such a huge waste of my time and it takes so much energy to appear as if I'm interested in something when I'm not. I'm totally drained afterwards.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »
Oh yeah the boredom.
To just go out to dinner or to just be friends with a guy to get a free meal. I hate when people tell me that. I find it's such a huge waste of my time and it takes so much energy to appear as if I'm interested in something when I'm not. I'm totally drained afterwards.

Completely agree. I don’t have the time or energy for it/

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 10:18:07 PM »
I can't just casually date someone. If I don't feel a strong connection then I am not going to waste my time.

Same

Offline njlady

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 10:39:24 PM »
If you let your feelings control your actions, you're not going to move forward.  A lot of things are hard to do.  You can have the feelings and say f*ck you to them; I'm going to go and get what I really want. 

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2018, 10:56:08 PM »
If you let your feelings control your actions, you're not going to move forward.  A lot of things are hard to do.  You can have the feelings and say f*ck you to them; I'm going to go and get what I really want.

If we all did that, then none of us would be calling psychics.

Offline njlady

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 03:23:24 PM »

If we all did that, then none of us would be calling psychics.

Only the people who aren't accepting what is already gone. 

Not everyone calls about their ex. 

anything