Author Topic: How to tell if an advisor blocks you?  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Fidget1028

Re: How to tell if an advisor blocks you?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 04:29:12 PM »
I think it's also about the intent of the contact. I mean you can text a "hello, how's it going". The problem is, what is your expectation? I mean I doubt too many on the board would truly be happy with just a text back saying "hey, things are great, hope you're well". I mean, I can only speak for myself, but if I were to contact my POI, I would want the texts to progress. My POI knows that I am interested and that the ball is in his court. If I were to contact him now, I would be doing myself a disservice. A friendly text back with no real progression would be a disappointment for me and send me down the Keen spiral of debt. I've tried that. I know in my heart I can't be just friends. If he reaches out to me, then I really do know that he is interested.

Offline sawthelight

Re: How to tell if an advisor blocks you?
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 05:05:10 PM »
I think it's also about the intent of the contact. I mean you can text a "hello, how's it going". The problem is, what is your expectation? I mean I doubt too many on the board would truly be happy with just a text back saying "hey, things are great, hope you're well". I mean, I can only speak for myself, but if I were to contact my POI, I would want the texts to progress. My POI knows that I am interested and that the ball is in his court. If I were to contact him now, I would be doing myself a disservice. A friendly text back with no real progression would be a disappointment for me and send me down the Keen spiral of debt. I've tried that. I know in my heart I can't be just friends. If he reaches out to me, then I really do know that he is interested.

Wow, I could have written this myself.  Agree!!

anything