Author Topic: New Ping Feature  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Hillcam

New Ping Feature
« on: June 05, 2018, 01:17:58 AM »
What does this do exactly? Does it send an advisor a message that you’re trying to get in touch? The explanation on the site left me confused.

Offline Sooshi

Re: New Ping Feature
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 02:25:31 AM »
I haven't seen this feature yet but I remember from IRC days and tcp/ip, that pinging tells you if a connection is still active or not. It's basically one computer contacting the other to ask it if the connection is still open. No idea how much this applies to the new keen feature or if this explanation helps any. Probably not. I'm not impressed with the programmers at keen. Calling a feature Pinging only serves a select subgroup of the population that has an understanding of technical internet protocols.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 03:39:19 AM »
I can’t tell for sure but i think it may be like a messenger or text type thing.

Offline Ajna

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 03:59:15 AM »
“Introducing Ping

Wanting a quick way to chat with your advisor, but aren't sure when they'll be online?
No problem, try Ping. Ping is the newest way to instantly connect with your favorite advisors.

Other reasons why you'll love it:
    It's a FREE way to stay in touch with your advisor between conversations!
    No more waiting around! You'll receive an SMS text when your advisor responds.
    It's convenient! Respond to your advisors quickly and easily whenever you'd like!

Check in with your Advisor!
Easily review past conversations through Ping's thread format! Ping will display a thread of your conversations with your advisors for you to refer back to later on. With Ping, you can follow up with a thank you, check back in on a past conversation, or see when an advisor might be online to chat!

Stay in touch easily with your advisor through SMS!
You can already check in with your advisors wherever and whenever. Now, you don't have to wait around for their reply! When an advisor answers you, you'll receive an SMS to alert you of their reply!”

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »
Ping is like an sms message that by passes email and goes straight to the advisors cell phone.

Now keep in mind this won't work for all readers, as some read from landlines, so then ping just goes to their dashboard like an email. Them may not even check it, so if you use it and they don't reply, it doesn't mean they are ignoring you. They either have a landline and or didn't think to check it in addition to email on their dashboard.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 02:49:29 AM »
Ping is like an sms message that by passes email and goes straight to the advisors cell phone.

Now keep in mind this won't work for all readers, as some read from landlines, so then ping just goes to their dashboard like an email. Them may not even check it, so if you use it and they don't reply, it doesn't mean they are ignoring you. They either have a landline and or didn't think to check it in addition to email on their dashboard.

Seems pretty redundant to me. Has anyone used this feature yet?

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 04:35:22 AM »

Seems pretty redundant to me. Has anyone used this feature yet?

I haven’t. I don’t really get what it’s supposed to do except get people to start getting notifications on their phone - like I need any more of that. But a lot of companies are starting to switch from web to app because more people use their phone than a desktop.

anything