Author Topic: Have most advisors told you not to reach out to your POI?  (Read 7168 times)

Offline XeroLove

Have most advisors told you not to reach out to your POI?
« on: May 25, 2018, 01:16:59 AM »
Most of the ones I’ve talked to told me to wait for him to reach out to me. I feel like that’s a con for them to continue to collect money from you. If you feel like reaching out to them, you should! What have you got to lose besides more money?

Offline bstalling

Re: Have most advisors told you not to reach out to your POI?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 01:23:07 AM »
In the past, most of them did. There is something to be said about giving someone space, but mature adults discuss things and put things to rest. Not remain in limbo out of fear.

Offline scarlora

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 02:20:46 AM »
I don't think anyone has told me that.  Not even the ones who didnt know we have kids

Offline Itsmylife

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 02:42:18 AM »
It’s basically game playing or acts of soothing bruised egos of will he REACH OUTor not? And keep wasting time.

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 02:45:52 AM »
I think they say that sometimes cuz they know if u dont call ya poi you will call them for their services again sooner or later. Other times some who are genuine will say this to allow u to get space n communicate better. I wouldn't wait for contact tho. Been there done that. That other person could be waiting on ur contact....its a waste of time n money

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 02:49:42 AM »
A lot have given me that advice but some have said the opposite. My impression is it’s just a common strategy people use after break ups thinking it will shock the person into being scared that maybe it’s YOU who are moving on instead of them.

I’ve never been able to do it for any length of time because it’s just not who I am. I can’t pretend not to want to talk to someone when I do. I also think it can blow up in your face. It may work for some but has never felt right for me.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 01:01:21 PM »
A lot of advisors have told me that, but that could be to cover up their false predictions because if you don't reach out, you have to sit and wait for the time frames and basically believe what they tell you. If you do decide to reach out and you never get a response, then it's clear that they don't have feelings for you like the advisor said they did. I've always said that if the person really does have feelings for you, gently reaching out to them before the timeframe that a fake internet psychic gives you isn't going to change that, unless they particularly told you not to contact them again. If it's been a long time, say over 6 months, that you haven't heard from them and you're still fixated on them and are getting readings on them, just reach out and find out the truth for yourself. That happened to me on 2 separate occasions in the past when I was addicted to readings and reaching out to the individuals gave me the wakeup call that they really did not want to be with me and that everything the readers said was a complete lie.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »
Most told me not to contact my ex and they were absolutely right about it and right about the reasons they gave for it. The ones who suggested contacting my ex were dead wrong. What they predicted would happen if I made contact did not happen. I wish I had listened to the ones who told me not to contact him.

Ultimately follow your own instincts about what to do. You know what feels right to you. Every situation is different. It's not about what the readers say. You know in your heart and in your gut what to do.

I agree.  I had a few tell me to reach out and talk to POI, and tell him how i feel, etc...and it was such bad advice.

I have learned to trust my intuition when it came to POI...there were times I reached out, and regretted it so much. 

I need a man to show me how he feels and make an effort.  I will never chase someone, or want to be with someone who makes me feel like I'm doing all the work. 

An old friend of mine was dating a guy for years and the only time they got together was when she asked him out.  I remember thinking, how can that be ok with you??  He literally never even reached out to say hello, she always had to be the one chasing.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:34:16 PM by sawthelight »

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:02:33 PM »
An old friend of mine was dating a guy for years and the only time they got together was when she asked him out.  I remember thinking, how can that be ok with you??  He literally never even reached out to say hello, she always had to be the one chasing.
Ah, the limp spaghetti type. I'm familiar with those.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 10:52:27 PM »
Ah, the limp spaghetti type. I'm familiar with those.

Hahahaha!! Perfect description

Offline Angelina11

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 11:08:09 PM »
Yes! I had been waiting for 1,5 years for the first poi and 1 year on second poi, while waiting for them to reach out. Almost all psychics said they would, and I should not be the one to reach out. Ultimately, it was a huge waste of my time. Psychics were swearing they saw the contact coming and for a long time it clouded my thinking, I went against the common sense - if a man doesn't call, he is not interested. If I am confused, I should call and clear things up. Period. Oh well, I've learnt my lessons  :-\.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 11:53:46 PM »
Yes! I had been waiting for 1,5 years for the first poi and 1 year on second poi, while waiting for them to reach out. Almost all psychics said they would, and I should not be the one to reach out. Ultimately, it was a huge waste of my time. Psychics were swearing they saw the contact coming and for a long time it clouded my thinking, I went against the common sense - if a man doesn't call, he is not interested. If I am confused, I should call and clear things up. Period. Oh well, I've learnt my lessons  :-\.

Awww I’m sorry. I’m sure we all have been there

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 11:40:37 AM »
Tired, yea it was a tough lesson to learn. Kind of humiliating but I now know the issues were his, not mine. Anyone that reacts nasty to kindness has a lot of work to do on themselves.

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 01:12:59 AM »
I had one that told me to bake cookies for mine.  ???

Offline SweetieShy

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 12:05:53 AM »
This is what I am almost always told and I typically agree that reaching out first isn't the best move in a lot of situations. It can push the POI away further. I know this from following bad psychic advice before... It really just depends on the situation, the relationship, and the timing as well. I feel like it's something you just have to trust your gut on.