Author Topic: Easier to read when timeline is closer?  (Read 3568 times)

candiednut

Easier to read when timeline is closer?
« on: May 16, 2018, 04:38:20 PM »
What do you guys think about reading on something that's going to happen years from now versus months from now. Do you think it's easier (and thus more accurate) when reading something in the near future? Just like if you were to look at a picture from far away, it's harder to see the details and you may guess the distance (in our case, timeframe) wrong, you may think it's 27 metres away but it's actually 35 or something, which in real life could translate to being months or years off. However, if a picture is very close, you can more easily guess if it's 1 meter away or half a meter away and the timeframe as well as details are more clear.

Just my thoughts. What do you think?

Offline sawthelight

Re: Easier to read when timeline is closer?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:06:21 PM »
Interesting question..not sure.  I've had psychics tell me things would happen quickly, and they didn't, but I honestly don't think they have any sense or concept of time. 

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 05:11:37 PM »
What do you guys think about reading on something that's going to happen years from now versus months from now. Do you think it's easier (and thus more accurate) when reading something in the near future? Just like if you were to look at a picture from far away, it's harder to see the details and you may guess the distance (in our case, timeframe) wrong, you may think it's 27 metres away but it's actually 35 or something, which in real life could translate to being months or years off. However, if a picture is very close, you can more easily guess if it's 1 meter away or half a meter away and the timeframe as well as details are more clear.

IMO it depends on the reader and their particular gifts. Most people seem to be more comfortable reading short-term timeframes (meaning, like wtihin 6 months). The ones who I have actually talked to about it, a few have specifically told me that what they can "see" or "feel" or whatever you want to call it, gets fuzzier the further out they look.

The way one person told me, if she's focusing on what's going to be happening 6 months from now, she can see it really clearly, and give specifics. But if she looks out into years, she can just get overall information like a yes or no but can't necessarily see the details around the how or why, if that makes sense. I've heard this type of thing from a few readers, enough to make me think that at least for some of them, the further out something is, the harder it is for them to be precise. But I think it probably varies a lot.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:04:38 PM »

IMO it depends on the reader and their particular gifts. Most people seem to be more comfortable reading short-term timeframes (meaning, like wtihin 6 months). The ones who I have actually talked to about it, a few have specifically told me that what they can "see" or "feel" or whatever you want to call it, gets fuzzier the further out they look.

The way one person told me, if she's focusing on what's going to be happening 6 months from now, she can see it really clearly, and give specifics. But if she looks out into years, she can just get overall information like a yes or no but can't necessarily see the details around the how or why, if that makes sense. I've heard this type of thing from a few readers, enough to make me think that at least for some of them, the further out something is, the harder it is for them to be precise. But I think it probably varies a lot.

I think to some degree, it depends on the reader. But I have had psychics say that they read only 6-12 months out and they dont. What they described and were talking about happened years later. Psychics see an image/scene and can't tell when. So, most of them just guess its some odd months out that they are reading.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 06:07:03 PM »

I think to some degree, it depends on the reader. But I have had psychics say that they read only 6-12 months out and they dont. What they described and were talking about happened years later. Psychics see an image/scene and can't tell when. So, most of them just guess its some odd months out that they are reading.

I agree...I respect Pixie Dust from bitwine for being honest in that regard...she basically told me she doesn't work with time and she would just be guessing.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 02:25:53 AM »
If they are genuinely seeing the future, I don't know if it makes any difference. If they are cold reading, using their empathic senses, or just guessing or BSing then it is probably easier to get it right if it's in the near future.

I see both sides. We have free will, and if something is predicted 2 years in advance, a lot can happen in two years which could change that. The thing that I am hearing people say on here is that the readers only get predictions right if you ask for a general reading and not a specific question. That makes no sense at all to me. If they have real psychic ability, they should be able to answer a specific question without me beating around the bush.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 01:40:45 PM »

This is interesting! For a prediction to happen years later. Was it a positive one? Did you feel that it was going to happen or did you give up on it completely?

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 12:35:43 AM »
The further away something is, the more things that can happen that can interfere with it. It's like asking yourself, where will I be in 10 years? You may have an idea of where you think you'll be or where you want to be, but so much can happen in 10 years that can drastically altar that.

In my experience, 95% of readers give you a timeline for contact, reconciliation, etc, of 1-2 months from when you call.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 01:35:05 AM »
The further away something is, the more things that can happen that can interfere with it. It's like asking yourself, where will I be in 10 years? You may have an idea of where you think you'll be or where you want to be, but so much can happen in 10 years that can drastically altar that.

In my experience, 95% of readers give you a timeline for contact, reconciliation, etc, of 1-2 months from when you call.

I always get the 1-2 months of contact or things developing...always, always, always! That's so cliche it annoys me!

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 02:12:47 PM »

I always get the 1-2 months of contact or things developing...always, always, always! That's so cliche it annoys me!

Yep, I've gotten that dozens of times too. "It will be slow, then things will be really good in *insert months that is 2 months from now.*"

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 02:19:43 PM »

yup, always.  is that the deadline for changing your review when things don't pan out?  lol

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 03:55:35 PM »

yup, always.  is that the deadline for changing your review when things don't pan out?  lol

Yeah I've never bothered calling them back when it didn't happen, but I've heard people say when they have they will suddenly change their predictions to "He's not coming back."