Author Topic: CP Psychic says she makes more than what an average lawyer makes  (Read 4033 times)

candiednut

Wanted to do some research on CP and came across this:

https://www.quora.com/Has-anyone-had-a-successful-experience-with-California-Psychics

Scroll down to the post by Nadia Arain (Nesta on CP I believe), this is her response:

I work for CP. Best move I made in my life. I have hundreds of happy clients, met some WONDERFUL people and blessed to use the wisdom of Belvia—my guide to give accurate readings. I do in person readings too, but California Psychics have been nothing but amazing to me and a lot of the people who freelance for it. GREAT company to freelance for. I easily make more than what the average lawyer in London makes. Go figure for all those who say it’s a “pittance”.

Offline njlady

Re: CP Psychic says she makes more than what an average lawyer makes
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 08:20:39 PM »
I wouldn't doubt it. 

A decent part-timer on Keen clearing $3 an hr (their take after Keen's cut) with 10 hrs of calls a week will make 93,600.00 a year.

3x60=180x10=1,800x52=93,600

Offline scarlora

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:18:23 PM »
I wouldn't doubt it. 

A decent part-timer on Keen clearing $3 an hr (their take after Keen's cut) with 10 hrs of calls a week will make 93,600.00 a year.

3x60=180x10=1,800x52=93,600

*$3 /minute

candiednut

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 09:19:03 PM »
damn, all of us should work on keen or apply to CP and make back all the $$ we've lost.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 01:04:55 AM »
Don’t forget you then have to pay taxes on that at the full personal plus corporate rate which is roughly 50% without deductions. It’s not what it may seem. I’m not saying you can’t make a decent living but just that pretax figure doesn’t tell the whole tale.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 09:01:53 PM »
Yeah to me that seems a little far fetched. Readers are some of the biggest liars though, so she may be exaggerating.

The website is obviously going to take the majority of the earnings, and she isn't even a $15 psychic so what she's keeping from her readings can't be too terribly much. I guess you can work as often as you want though, but yeah you still have to pay taxes.

I read somewhere that psychics typically bring in 20-30k per year (in the US), so unless you're a psychic that charges $100 per reading and you get to keep all of it, I'd say the income is modest.

Offline njlady

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »
Don’t forget you then have to pay taxes on that at the full personal plus corporate rate which is roughly 50% without deductions. It’s not what it may seem. I’m not saying you can’t make a decent living but just that pretax figure doesn’t tell the whole tale.

You don't pay "full personal plus corporate rate".  Who does your taxes?

If you are in the USA, you pay 12.9% SS on the first 127.2k and 2.9% medicare on all earnings, but 7.65% of the 12.9% can be claimed as a business deduction.  Your Federal tax rates are the same as everyone elses.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 02:39:07 AM »
My basic point is when you file a 1099 you have to pay taxes. It’s not all just free and clear money. Not here to argue about tax accounting with you, but whatever makes you happy.

Offline littlepinkcat

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 02:17:38 AM »
I read with Nesta before she left and honestly, she has no psychic ability. Do yourself a favor and track down Nadia Arain on Quora, it is very....interesting.

Offline Anon

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 05:39:31 AM »
Woah! I wonder why she'd say that if it weren't true. It's soooo Expensive on there tho. Lawyers charge those type of fees per hour. How much does every1 tend to spend on there on average, and what are typically the length of your reads?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 05:52:27 AM by Anon »

anything