Author Topic: Break for May  (Read 14471 times)

Offline Angelina11

Re: Break for May
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2018, 10:52:09 PM »
Back to positive vibes in here!

I've been sorely tempted and I even once added money to an account but didn't use it. Still holding strong, and now 14 pounds down from when I started at the beginning of the month.

I'm taking a trip to visit friends over the long weekend this weekend (Memorial Day holiday here in the U.S.) and looking forward to it. I haven't seen these friends in a couple of years and I've never been to the city where they are now living so it should be a good break and recharge and hopefully also an adventure. But man the pull for psychic reassurance is strong, isn't it?

This break month has really opened my eyes to some patterns that I do not like. How is everyone else doing now that we're almost at the end of the month?

Honoring your word/agreement with yourself re:this break, getting some new self-awareness insights, losing 14! Pounds -awesome job, Journalmuse!!
I'm curious, what you'd like to create around getting psychic readings/guidance once the break is over? Do you want to prolong your break or implementing some news structure/rules for yourself? If you feel comfortable sharing about it, please do) 

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2018, 03:26:03 PM »
Well, I didn’t refrain from psychics completely but I cut way, way, way back. I feel really good about it and now that the ‘break’ is over I plan on continuing to cut myself off until hopefully I no longer feel the need to call anyone.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2018, 03:33:51 PM »
Other than the one day I caved and got a few readings on PO, I honored the break month. It was a really good reset button and my intention is to carry it forward. One reading a month would be a vast improvement over before, so that’s my new goal.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2018, 03:34:00 PM »
I know that May has come and gone but I thought this was worth sharing:

Since I tried taking the break for May, my Keen spending has dropped dramatically and I’d like to think the break helped with that. I went from spending upwards for 600-700 a month on Keen. 🤮

In June I spent $185, July I haven’t even spent $100. It feels great.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the (mostly) positive vibes. I honestly feel like finding you all has helped my addiction for the better. ❤️

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2018, 04:05:23 PM »

Since I tried taking the break for May, my Keen spending has dropped dramatically and I’d like to think the break helped with that. I went from spending upwards for 600-700 a month on Keen. 🤮

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the (mostly) positive vibes. I honestly feel like finding you all has helped my addiction for the better. ❤️

I'm really glad you posted this because I was thinking of posting something similar. Ever since the break my spending has also dropped drastically. After that, I decided I would stick to one reading a month and so far I have - usually about $100 is what I am now budgeting. I didn't even think about psychics for a couple of weeks, no urge to call, in fact most of June I had almost $200 sitting in my CP account that I didn't use until this week. The break really helped as sort of a reset button for me and I'm glad it did for you too.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:24:23 PM by journalmuse »

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2018, 04:39:35 PM »

I'm really glad you posted this because I was thinking of posting something similar. Ever since the break my spending has also dropped drastically. After that, I decided I would stick to one reading a month and so far I have - usually about $100 is what I am now budgeting. I didn't even think about psychics for a couple of weeks, no urge to call, in fact most of June I had almost $200 sitting in my CP account that I didn't use until this week. The break really helped as sort of a reset button for me and I'm glad it did for you too.

That's awesome! I want to get to those numbers. $100 or so per month, no more. And to get one single reading per month.

anything