Author Topic: Break for May  (Read 14502 times)

Offline journalmuse

Break for May
« on: April 23, 2018, 02:08:39 AM »
I'm going to go on a break for May - meaning, no readings. At least, that's the goal.

Would anyone else like to join me? I was thinking it would be good to support each other. Maybe a check-in post now and then, or to agree to be here for each other when we feel like caving.

Offline psychicgirl87

Re: Break for May
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 04:37:16 PM »
I will join you! :)

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 04:43:27 PM »
me too!

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 05:35:50 PM »
Yay! I'm so glad others are interested, too.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 05:43:47 PM »
It's a great idea, we will all probably feel so much better at the end of May too. 

Life will play out as it will, with or without readings. :)

ETA: if anyone feels like they are having a "moment of weakness" if you will, lol, feel free to message me.  I think that's the hard part of abstaining, is not having someone to talk to about it.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 05:55:44 PM »
It's a great idea, we will all probably feel so much better at the end of May too. 

ETA: if anyone feels like they are having a "moment of weakness" if you will, lol, feel free to message me.  I think that's the hard part of abstaining, is not having someone to talk to about it.
Haha, totally. I'm already having anxiety like, I know I'm going to want to call someone and struggle with it. Ridiculous.

Offline scarlora

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 06:14:12 PM »
I'm in, though I have a top-up with Yona.  I actually havent gotten a reading since I booked it.  Missed my call from Cookie last night.  It's for the best, I'm sure.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 06:37:27 PM »

Haha, totally. I'm already having anxiety like, I know I'm going to want to call someone and struggle with it. Ridiculous.

Oh I know!  LOL...worse part for me is when Purple Ocean has those sales...gets me everytime. 

Funny thing, i was re-listening to some of my readings from early December, who all saw major progress in "spring".  Now, the last few that I had (not many thank God) are saying summer LOL.  They just keep you coming back, season by season, or in three month intervals SMH
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:59:00 PM by sawthelight »

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 11:59:55 PM »
I won't be getting any readings in May either. It's time to save that money and put it to better use. The readings are nothing but a vicious cycle that lead to nowhere but financial and mental devastation.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 12:07:01 AM »
Yay! One more! I'm already feeling anxious about it. Isn't that silly?

I think I want to commit to posting here every day just as a check in to say, I made it through the day without relying on a psychic to make me feel better.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 01:07:07 PM »
Yay! One more! I'm already feeling anxious about it. Isn't that silly?

I think I want to commit to posting here every day just as a check in to say, I made it through the day without relying on a psychic to make me feel better.

It's a really hard step to take, but in my experience, once enough time has passed where you aren't getting readings, you will feel much better and the desire to get the readings will lessen. For me, the more I got, the more I wanted to get a second opinion from another reader.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 01:48:41 PM »
Hey y’all! Everybody ready?

I’d like to ask what folks plan to do when that urge hits. I feel it’s best to be distracted. So I’m going to knit and listen to podcasts.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 02:10:08 PM »
Hey y’all! Everybody ready?

I’d like to ask what folks plan to do when that urge hits. I feel it’s best to be distracted. So I’m going to knit and listen to podcasts.

SO ready :)  I plan to just do ANYTHING but have a reading, call a friend, take a nap, bury myself in work lol.  Good thing is, my job is about to get a lot more hectic (well not good but for this yes) so I'm not going to have a lot of time to think about reading.

If the urge really strikes me, I will just relisten to some of my old readings and realize how none came to pass anyway lol, so why waste more money. :)

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 08:31:34 PM »
I signed up for a really pricey nutritionist/fitness trainer package for the month so that's what I'm using my money for instead. Hopefully it'll help move me past this weight loss plateau I've been at for a while!

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 02:27:19 AM »
Count me in.

If anyone here needs to vent while we’re on our break I’m here. I’m excited to try this out!

anything