Author Topic: POI gets a reading on me  (Read 6326 times)

Offline helloworld

POI gets a reading on me
« on: March 22, 2018, 02:54:50 AM »
Disclaimer: He's not a POI but someone I went on a few dates with and got obsessed with me.

Just a few days ago, this "POI" told me had a psychic reading done on me. He told me what the psychic said so I can surely validate because I know exactly what I did so here's the story from the other side.

I went on 3 dates with this man after which he left for a month and a half long work trip. He stayed in touch but during the first week he got mad at me for the weirdest reason, called me names, etc. so I blocked him. Fast forward a month later he reached out from another number apologizing profusely and begged to see me one last time. I agreed to see him for 30 minutes. During our meeting, he told me he was extremely upset when he realized how wrong he was that he met with a psychic to ask about me. The psychic nailed the past and current and then told him that "she" is trying her best to "move on" but hasn't because she can't, she still has strong feelings for you, you two are meant to be together, etc. A reminder, "SHE" in this case is me. He told me he was so happy after his reading with the psychic because had the psychic told him I had moved on, he would have lost it.

When he went crazy on me, in a weird way I was relieved because I didn't see him as a real potential so for me there was nothing to "move on" from because I was not into him. Did I have feelings for him - Not at all. Was I struggling to move on - Nope. On the contrary, I was actively dating other men. Are we meant to be together - For God's sake, I hope not! He's a disaster so the only feeling I had for him was and will have for him is sympathy for his insecurities. This man was convinced the psychic was spot on because I agreed to meet him after he got back...!

Just wanted to share this story because I don't know many times I've heard psychics tell me the exact thing for POIs I am actually interested in - the relationship has potential, he will be back, he still cares, etc and how easy it is to fall for the BS if we are totally into someone. In reality, things can be completely different.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 06:05:51 PM by helloworld »

Offline helloworld

Re: POI gets a reading on me
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:03:55 PM »
I agree. He was clearly all in while I was almost all out and yes, he didn't seem stable at all. That's why I wasn't vested.

One more thing - he had the psychic pull angel cards and he took pictures of the cards and showed those to me. He thought the cards were bang on for "our" situation because in summary, they said "go for it" and "meant to be". I didn't know how to tell him those cards could be accurate but for his work perhaps because nothing is going to happen between him and me.

Here's the kicker - he read with 2-3 psychics and one psychic told him to move on but he got upset with her because he thought that psychic had a crush on him and didn't want him to be with anyone else. Go figure...

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 04:13:02 PM »

Here's the kicker - he read with 2-3 psychics and one psychic told him to move on but he got upset with her because he thought that psychic had a crush on him and didn't want him to be with anyone else. Go figure...
Yikes. RUN!

Offline njlady

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 05:13:36 PM »
There is a guy who posts on this board and gets loads of sympathy from people about his POI leading him on because of the feelings she supposedly has for him (per certain psychics) when she has him blocked 97% of the time and your situation is exactly what I think of when he posts, with you being in that woman's shoes.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »
There is a guy who posts on this board and gets loads of sympathy from people about his POI leading him on because of the feelings she supposedly has for him (per certain psychics) when she has him blocked 97% of the time and your situation is exactly what I think of when he posts, with you being in that woman's shoes.

I thought the same thing!!

Offline marciamia

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 06:35:16 PM »

I thought the same thing!!
Oh gosh yesssss  ;D ;D

Offline helloworld

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 06:48:15 PM »
The intention of this post was not to pick on another person but rather to reflect on something I have been guilty too of in the past. I have over imagined things to be more when they were nothing but casual and called psychics incessantly because I "needed" their false hope to continue living in my fantasy world. Then one inconsequential move from a POI would make me believe that's a sign and the psychics could be right.

Hearing a reading about me was timely because it reinforces what I've known all along but sometimes choose to be ignorant of - if a person is into you, you will know it. If he's not calling you and making plans to see you, it's a sign and the process to move on should begin. If he's afraid of commitments, insecure, etc., it still is a sign. Move on. Don't make excuses for him, it's not worth it.

Calling psychics makes us attached to the situation but as much as it hurts, the effort of letting go makes us more balanced and hopefully, wiser. Then if this person were to re-appear, we would be in a much healthier frame of mind to determine if we really want them in our life. In most of my cases, I was more in love with the idea of being in love rather than actually being in love with the specific person. So when a nice, decent man would date me, I would start fantasizing a life with him much before I really got to know him. I can now say these things after years of working on myself and my insecurities. I am still a work in progress but nonetheless, I am way better than I was.

Most importantly, huge lesson learned and it keeps manifesting in various ways - LISTEN TO YOUR GUT! From day one, I knew this man was off but couldn't point out exactly why so I went on a few dates with him... well, the reasons are now clear.

I really hope you told him clearly do not contact you again, that you do not have a romantic interest. Then again I wouldn’t blame you for ghosting the guy... we’re allowed to ghost one right?  :P

Here is what I did - I called him and told him I don't want to mislead him and I can't see us working out in the long term, I asked we not keep in touch. Then I removed him from my social media. It wasn't pretty and I won't be surprised if he sends me a few texts later lashing back but at least my conscious is clear. I thought of ghosting but as bad the situation may be, I wouldn't want anyone to ghost me so that's why I didn't.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »
The intention of this post was not to pick on another person but rather to reflect on something I have been guilty too of in the past. I have over imagined things to be more when they were nothing but casual and called psychics incessantly because I "needed" their false hope to continue living in my fantasy world. Then one inconsequential move from a POI would make me believe that's a sign and the psychics could be right.

Hearing a reading about me was timely because it reinforces what I've known all along but sometimes choose to be ignorant of - if a person is into you, you will know it. If he's not calling you and making plans to see you, it's a sign and the process to move on should begin. If he's afraid of commitments, insecure, etc., it still is a sign. Move on. Don't make excuses for him, it's not worth it.

Calling psychics makes us attached to the situation but as much as it hurts, the effort of letting go makes us more balanced and hopefully, wiser. Then if this person were to re-appear, we would be in a much healthier frame of mind to determine if we really want them in our life. In most of my cases, I was more in love with the idea of being in love rather than actually being in love with the specific person. So when a nice, decent man would date me, I would start fantasizing a life with him much before I really got to know him. I can now say these things after years of working on myself and my insecurities. I am still a work in progress but nonetheless, I am way better than I was.

Most importantly, huge lesson learned and it keeps manifesting in various ways - LISTEN TO YOUR GUT! From day one, I knew this man was off but couldn't point out exactly why so I went on a few dates with him... well, the reasons are now clear.

I really hope you told him clearly do not contact you again, that you do not have a romantic interest. Then again I wouldn’t blame you for ghosting the guy... we’re allowed to ghost one right?  :P

Here is what I did - I called him and told him I don't want to mislead him and I can't see us working out in the long term, I asked we not keep in touch. Then I removed him from my social media. It wasn't pretty and I won't be surprised if he sends me a few texts later lashing back but at least my conscious is clear. I thought of ghosting but as bad the situation may be, I wouldn't want anyone to ghost me so that's why I didn't.

GREAT post and one I should read over and over. 

I can also so relate to it.  I also looked at every little inconsequential thing as progress, and some kind of validation that the psychics were right, when nothing progressed significantly at all, and I was living in a fantasy world THEY created and all it would take was one negative reading or one dumb move from POI to throw me into a tailspin.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 07:17:45 PM by sawthelight »

Offline helloworld

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 12:19:25 AM »
I have a request for those commenting on the forum member whose story is similar to that of the POI mentioned in this post. Please let's not digress and keep this post productive. Like I mentioned earlier, I shared my experience more as a reflection to show how readings can jade our judgment. My intention was that this post could be of use to other members. If you must talk about another member, kindly use PM and not the public forum so that we can keep posts productive, and on track. Thanks in advance.

Offline njlady

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 05:02:28 PM »
I have a request for those commenting on the forum member whose story is similar to that of the POI mentioned in this post. Please let's not digress and keep this post productive. Like I mentioned earlier, I shared my experience more as a reflection to show how readings can jade our judgment. My intention was that this post could be of use to other members. If you must talk about another member, kindly use PM and not the public forum so that we can keep posts productive, and on track. Thanks in advance.

It is productive and no one was disrespectful.  If more people put themselves in a pair of POI's shoes, there would be a whole lot less compulsive calling going on.

Your situation is a perfect example (and lesson) about keeping it real, listening to your POI instead of living in your head, keeping a healthy perspective and using common sense. 

Offline helloworld

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 07:42:51 PM »
It is productive and no one was disrespectful.  If more people put themselves in a pair of POI's shoes, there would be a whole lot less compulsive calling going on.

Your situation is a perfect example (and lesson) about keeping it real, listening to your POI instead of living in your head, keeping a healthy perspective and using common sense.

I agree no one is being disrespectful, that wasn't what I was implying. All I am saying is it will be more productive if we do not digress by pointing out to another forum member who a few people thought acted like the man I went on dates with. I have no issues with comparisons but please let's leave that forum member alone and focus on our own experiences. Thanks.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »
It's a pretty interesting thought exercise. Thanks so much for sharing.

I have to say, I find the weirdest part of all of this the fact that he actually shared all of this with you. Did it come across as that he was trying to use it to convince you or did it seem like he already felt like you'd receive it well? I just can't imagine, in my wildest dreams, ever sharing with a person I got a reading on, that I got a reading on them. Just strikes me as very odd.

Offline helloworld

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 08:47:35 PM »
It's a pretty interesting thought exercise. Thanks so much for sharing.

I have to say, I find the weirdest part of all of this the fact that he actually shared all of this with you. Did it come across as that he was trying to use it to convince you or did it seem like he already felt like you'd receive it well? I just can't imagine, in my wildest dreams, ever sharing with a person I got a reading on, that I got a reading on them. Just strikes me as very odd.

Yes, initially I was a little weirded out that he told me had a psychic read me. Not only did he tell me about the psychic reading but he made me read text messages he sent to his family and friends asking them how he can get me back! It was a little freaky to see those messages. He was trying to show me to what extent he went to to "win me back". In his head, he fantasized a life with me and yes, he told me that too. I haven't elaborated on that one but go figure. I guess he thought all these things would make me feel special... no!! Only made me realize how desperate he is... I mean after 2 dates, this intense, seriously?!

He even told me had I not agreed to meet him, he would have waited outside my building to see me because he doesn't give up... yikes! Very stalkerish. I have blocked him from social media and all other contact but part of me is still on guard because I feel he may find another way to contact me in time.

Offline Angelina11

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 02:20:47 AM »
Once I was told by a man who liked me, that he had a psychic reading about me (that was before I found out about online psychic sites). At that time I felt a bit like my privacy was  violated, but now if someone were to say they had a reading on me, that would not bother me at all since I now know how off psychics about their predictions most of the time, lol
Like dude, entertain yourself as much as you want ;D

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 10:42:34 AM »
As sad as it is, that's probably what's going on behind the scenes in most cases on here, and that is what was going on behind the scenes with my last 2 POI's. The psychic told him the same shit that they tell us when meanwhile the other person is off living their life. I am so done calling psychics. It's been 2 months and I feel better now that I've stopped...