Author Topic: Walking away  (Read 5369 times)

Offline maroonlight

Re: Walking away
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 12:50:17 AM »
Hey Maroonlight,
Thank you for commenting on my post.
I definitely take in what you are saying and I've had the conversation with myself about the very things that you mention. We did meet up the other day and words were exchanged about how our relationship got to this stage. I've played a part in it, but I am conscious that maybe there is nothing that he can say to me that will ever make things BETTER. I think he feels the same way to some extent.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to let him go, but I don't seem to have found an easy way yet. I am still trying so many different things. I've definitely stopped the readings.

This really is a journey... A new one for me.

Emotions are complicated and can be very hard to cope with. They tend to blind us to the reality of the situation. The process of letting go does not happen overnight, but if you stay in a relationship that does not feel right and makes you feel negative emotions instead of positive ones, it is toxic, and from what you are describing, it sounds like this is the case with this one.

I think it's great that you've stopped the readings, because as I've found, they only cloud your mind and make you even more hurt and confused. When I've been in toxic situations like this, the letting go and healing process does not happen overnight, but once it gets to a point where I feel like I am wasting my time on something that there is no reason for me to put up with, I start letting go.

It's just unfortunate that we as women especially are very prone to attachment, often times to the wrong people. This has been the case for me a number of times.  There really is no easy solution, except to let go and stop trying to control a situation that you can't control.

anything