Author Topic: Which Reader Did You Give a Second Chance?  (Read 10405 times)

Offline Apalm831

Re: Which Reader Did You Give a Second Chance?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 09:38:24 PM »
Qoc conversation:

Me: hello Anne, hope you are well. Can you please check if x’s decision will change or what will happen in the near future.
Qoc: nope, will not change.
Me: oh ok.. can you please look if maybe we will get back together?
Qoc: (in a irritated tone almost yelling) didn’t I tell you that his decision will not change? Then why would you ask me if you will get back together?
Me: oh I was just wondering if his mind will not change on a matter about today but maybe in the future like months ahead or change in career, or circumstances will change or he will ______ or he will _____. Maybe you can word it in that way.. not about just today.
Qoc: yeah nope (in a condescending manner)
Me: ok thank you for your time

Oh jeez. Yikes.

Yeaaaaaah. That’s Anne. That’s how she do.

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 09:52:16 PM »
I have read with ann about 6 or 7 times in total and she has been accurate with me on short term predictions (feelings and actions). She has even picked up something others didn't about a move and a 3rd party for my poi... so I do think she can be good. She isn't perfect, and she sometime's isn't clear how to interpret cards, but I do think she is worth a read for specific questions pertaining to the present and very near future.

In terms of her delivery, I find her short and to the point and I do think she has different moods. Sometimes she's quite sweet; other times a bit irritable.... but never (with me, so far) rude or nasty by any stretch. The 2 or 3 times she did get mildly irritated with me were when I tried to revisit a question she felt she'd already answered or when I asked more of her than she felt she could reasonably answer. I can't remember the exact conversations, but they were roughly like this:

1. POI had moved in with someone and I asked a future-related question and she got audibly annoyed and said something like "well why would you even want to know about that, he's with someone. You need to look after you now"

2. In an earlier reading ... I asked her something like "do you think if wait for x he'll come forward"...  I really can't remember what it was, but I was asking her guidance and she didn't feel comfortable giving it. Again, she got annoyed and said something like "I can't tell you that! I'm telling you what the cards say and you have to make a decision based on what I told you"

I still like her and think she's trying to help people. I'm not upset that she answered me the way she did in the above examples; she was right that I needed to get ahold of myself and take my power back. I think it must be tedious for readers answering questions all day about 'will he / she come back', especially when some of the same people call over and over with the same questions. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone in particular; that was me for a long time and sometimes when I think of the state I called in at times I cringe...

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 10:38:55 PM »
Yeah, but her delivery...is that helping anyone really?
I've always been told, it's not what you say but HOW you say it that matters.

To be condescending and/or dismissive when someone has just paid you tells me you just took their money and don't give a sh1T. If she had addressed me as she did some of the other posters, I would have hung up and requested a refund immediately.

To be annoyed and condescending because callers are asking about a dead subject is another matter and the caller should be told it's a dead subject, rather than saying something along the lines flippantly....are we still talking about that, are you deaf.

I can feel her annoyance due to people hanging onto a relationship that doesn't work and isn't working, but I understand how a caller would call looking for hope and clearly I would think QoC sees that too.

Offline scarlora

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 12:19:22 AM »
I asked a question and she said, I cant answer that, only you can, so what exactly do you want to ask me?  Her tone was short and sharp.  I'm sensitive so it unnerved me.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 12:49:24 AM »
Wow, she sounds tough. I am sure it's coming from a good place, but I'd be scared to read with her...

Offline whskers

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 03:40:06 AM »
I can’t remember about my other call went with her but I remember her being the same and that her prediction didn’t happen. I had to hang up the phone and I’m kinda not happy about my $10. Lol. I have spent almost $300 for just one reading but gave me answers or I came out of it feeling like it was fruitful but I’m not happy I spent $10 on Anne lol.

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 05:11:33 AM »
Yeah, but her delivery...is that helping anyone really?
I've always been told, it's not what you say but HOW you say it that matters.

To be condescending and/or dismissive when someone has just paid you tells me you just took their money and don't give a sh1T. If she had addressed me as she did some of the other posters, I would have hung up and requested a refund immediately.

To be annoyed and condescending because callers are asking about a dead subject is another matter and the caller should be told it's a dead subject, rather than saying something along the lines flippantly....are we still talking about that, are you deaf.

I can feel her annoyance due to people hanging onto a relationship that doesn't work and isn't working, but I understand how a caller would call looking for hope and clearly I would think QoC sees that too.

Honestly? I know the saying of course but I think when it comes to readings it's more what you say than how you say it that counts. I.e., I would way rather have a reader say something real / true in blunt tone than say something untrue in a kind (sugar-coated) tone.

So I think that yes, her delivery might be helping some people. When she got annoyed with me it was bit of a wake-up that I was flogging a dead horse, for example.

There are hundreds of readers that can make you feel good in the moment because they have a soothing tone or know what to say to placate or postpone harsher realities. I think QoC is one who refuses to do that and I personally consider that to be a more ethical approach. I get that it's not pleasant to hear an annoyed tone in a reader's voice, but I'd prefer to pay for that (if it's real) than to pay someone ultra sweet who is jus stringing me along...

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 01:57:34 PM »
I think a good reader is someone who can determine which is the best approach for the caller in the moment. Some people need compassion and gentleness. I don't think that's "stringing" anyone along.

With Anne, based on my experience, she wasn't giving tough love. Her vibe was more, "Why are you wasting my time, you f-cking idiot?" When you're already anxious about the POI you're calling about, having intensity blasted at you isn't always the best thing.

Sure, if you have an established connection with Anne, and you've asked the same question a bunch of times, then her being direct would be beneficial.

I just remember, back when I was calling Keen a lot, calling Anne was a low point. I was feeling so vulnerable and out of my mind at that time. After she spoke to me as harshly as she did, I hung up feeling really unsettled for a couple of hours afterward. Then the shame set in. Who in their right mind pays to talk to someone on Keen only to be left feeling bad for calling in the first place?

She's awful.
Great post!

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2018, 02:12:51 PM »
I agree with your post Presence.

We are not calling to get abused or yelled at. 

While I can see how frustrating it might be to have the same caller ask the same question over and over, the best approach would probably be to just no longer take the calls or get into another field if that type of things annoy you.

Most people getting readings are in a vulnerable state, so yelling at them or berating them is not the way to go.

While I can appreciate a good "tough love" approach, and sometimes need a reality check myself, that one time I had that advisor yell at me, I hung up really shaken up. 

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
There are hundreds of readers that can make you feel good in the moment because they have a soothing tone or know what to say to placate or postpone harsher realities. I think QoC is one who refuses to do that and I personally consider that to be a more ethical approach. I get that it's not pleasant to hear an annoyed tone in a reader's voice, but I'd prefer to pay for that (if it's real) than to pay someone ultra sweet who is jus stringing me along...

I think a good reader is someone who can determine which is the best approach for the caller in the moment. Some people need compassion and gentleness. I don't think that's "stringing" anyone along.

With Anne, based on my experience, she wasn't giving tough love. Her vibe was more, "Why are you wasting my time, you f-cking idiot?" When you're already anxious about the POI you're calling about, having intensity blasted at you isn't always the best thing.

Sure, if you have an established connection with Anne, and you've asked the same question a bunch of times, then her being direct would be beneficial.

I just remember, back when I was calling Keen a lot, calling Anne was a low point. I was feeling so vulnerable and out of my mind at that time. After she spoke to me as harshly as she did, I hung up feeling really unsettled for a couple of hours afterward. Then the shame set in. Who in their right mind pays to talk to someone on Keen only to be left feeling bad for calling in the first place?

She's awful.

That's certainly fair and just to clarify -- anne has never yelled at me or been overly harsh. She's been irritable and annoyed -- mildly -- on a couple of occasions. Cookie has also lost patience with me a couple of times when I wasn't really listening to her advice.

If a reader was in any way abusive or mean to me, I would absolutely not call them again. I'm sorry that happened to you (or anyone) with Anne and if it does to me in the future it'll be my last call to her. I have had experiences like that, where the reader may have been right but they were so harsh that I will never call again. It's just not worth it... So I suppose I modify my earlier response to say that no reader -- no matter how talented -- should be able to yell or abuse a client. I can handle an annoyed tone -- not abuse.

I do think some of the readers who are overly sweet CAn be quite dangerous in a different way. If their main objective is to make you feel all warm and fuzzy and that means not telling the truth, possibly for years, that's a more passive type of abuse IMO. But I suppose that's also a different issue.

** Sorry, I posted too soon. Just editing this to add that:
- Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't suggesting that all readers whose vibe is compassion and kindness are "stringing you along", I meant when they really are stringing you along...

- My favourite type of reader is able to do both - be honest and share even the harder to hear truths AND deliver with kindness and compassion. This is ideal. It's just so hard to find the ones that have a real talent that I am willing to put up with some less than ideal delivery (Not abuse) at times

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 04:57:51 PM by doubleoh8 »

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 04:55:31 PM »
Anne wasn't nasty to me either, but I did get the impression that I had to ask my question carefully, or she would lose patience.  Like you had to tread carefully with her.

she was right for me about the last POI, she saw no movement for a year and nothing came of it. 

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2018, 04:58:38 PM »
Anne was never nasty to me either. The call was short only because I found it useless. I recall when calling her to be on the lookout for how harsh she was going to be based on other's posts, but I didn't get any of that. I totally just cringed reading other people's experiences of abuse with her.

Offline whskers

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 05:22:34 PM »

She's awful.

That’s the vibe I got from Anne too. Like.. “are you a f*cking idiot you’re so stupid you can get it in your thick skull I’m too good for you”. I don’t care for psychics who are sweet and string you along either. I want psychics who will not sugar coat but I will come out of the reading empowered. E.g. Yona will deliver to me very negative reading but coming out of the reading, I know I should do X Y Z to improve myself and watch out for those action poi might do. I feel very empowered and guided after but her delivery is very kind and motivating. Well I guess me as a customer, also has to choose what psychics delivery work for me and Anne doesn’t work for me but other may Like that approach. Cookie maybe very accurate for me but I just don’t like her delivery either. So.... just my two cents.

Offline Newlife

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2018, 05:54:25 PM »
I will second this lol, I once asked for a general reading and something came up that I was not thinking about, she told me about a move or relocation, I said no it doesn’t apply, i the  asked if my girlfriend was moving because she applied for a job and then she got upset, she said she had just mentioned, I felt so stupid because I didn’t connect the two moves. Anyway that move never happened last month so I totally agree. You have to think carefully on what she’s saying.

She's awful.

That’s the vibe I got from Anne too. Like.. “are you a f*cking idiot you’re so stupid you can get it in your thick skull I’m too good for you”. I don’t care for psychics who are sweet and string you along either. I want psychics who will not sugar coat but I will come out of the reading empowered. E.g. Yona will deliver to me very negative reading but coming out of the reading, I know I should do X Y Z to improve myself and watch out for those action poi might do. I feel very empowered and guided after but her delivery is very kind and motivating. Well I guess me as a customer, also has to choose what psychics delivery work for me and Anne doesn’t work for me but other may Like that approach. Cookie maybe very accurate for me but I just don’t like her delivery either. So.... just my two cents.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 02:24:25 AM »
One more thing about my experience with Anne (before I stop hijacking this thread)...

When I did call to ask about my POI, she asked if we lived in the same city. I'm going to assume she picked up on that. I told her we didn't. We actually didn't. He was in Manhattan and I was living in NJ. Obviously, it wasn't a long distance relationship. It took me 20-30 minutes to get into the city and we saw each other all the time.

But Anne insisted us not living in the same city was why he was behaving the way he did. And when I tried to explain, that's when she got harsh with me. She wouldn't let me explain or clarify. She was just rude and dismissive and made me feel like I was the stupid one for not understanding that distance was the issue.

Of course, like an idiot, after her call, I did wonder if, maybe, he was being distant because I couldn't afford to live in NYC and he would prefer to be with a woman who could. Ugh. That call with her really did my head in and left me feeling really low and ashamed.

As I've written on other threads, as it turns out, my POI, unbeknownst to me, was married with three kids. That's why it was never going to work out. Anne never picked up on any of that.

Wow!! She is supposed to be good, how come she didn't pick up on that? And her making you wonder that maybe it was the distance that was a factor...that's how a psychic can mess with your own judgment and give you a wrong idea. It can be really dangerous.