Author Topic: 10 year addiction / trying to move forward  (Read 9812 times)

Offline FaithandTruth

10 year addiction / trying to move forward
« on: February 16, 2018, 01:37:52 PM »
First off, I want to say that I’m relieved to have found this site.  No one knows of my addiction and it’s such a shameful one, well that’s how I fell. I envy those who can just get a couple of reads a year. 

I don’t really know where to being but I just want all of us addicts to depend on our own intuition and realize that our own decisions are our best predictions for our own lives.  What we feed in our everyday, the love we give to those in our lives should be the only love we accept in return.

I think at this point my biggest problem is letting go of my friendship with my #1 psychic...

Offline doubleoh8

Re: 10 year addiction / trying to move forward
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 02:23:20 AM »
Hi Faith.

i just wanted to say welcome to the Board and I hope it helps. I know I have struggled on and off with addiction to calling psychics over the past couple of yours. To read your post (on another thread) where you said it's become part of your day-to-day is frightening to me. I can probably say that too and I don't like to think I could be saying it in another 8+ years. Again, I hope this helps you wean yourself off the habit and know there is support on here.

It's odd; I used to get in-person readings, going back 20 years. It definitely was a 'hobby', but something I had under control. It was once I discovered the online platforms that I would say that the hobby turned into a habit, and the habit became addictive. Keen, CP and others just make it so damn accessible. Now I wonder if I will be able to scale it all the way back to how it used to be for me.

One thing that helped me is taking a break (because I was broke!). Once I stopped calling I stopped wanting to call. I took a break for a number of weeks (3?), but once I started calling again I just got back into the routine of it.

Anyway, best thoughts to you (and everyone trying to stop calling).

Offline FaithandTruth

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »
Thank you for your warm welcome doubleoh8.

I think the worst part of the addiction is over for me, although I already did so much damage to my self, my self confidence in my decisions and realizing the best predictions are within the work we do every day in ourselves and personal relationships....hope I make sense...hard to put in words.

My addiction started online. Keen.  My worst enemy. I know what you mean...so easy to just pick up the phone and charge....I too had no choice but to stop at one point because I was so broke....only had enough to pay my Mortgage payment. Horrible. Can’t beleive I’m admitting it here.

I send you my best thoughts as well. If you need to talk and don’t want to waste your money and just need a listening ear..you can pm me. I get it. I’ve been there and know sometimes we just need an outsider for an ear.

Sending you good vibes...

Hi Faith.

i just wanted to say welcome to the Board and I hope it helps. I know I have struggled on and off with addiction to calling psychics over the past couple of yours. To read your post (on another thread) where you said it's become part of your day-to-day is frightening to me. I can probably say that too and I don't like to think I could be saying it in another 8+ years. Again, I hope this helps you wean yourself off the habit and know there is support on here.

It's odd; I used to get in-person readings, going back 20 years. It definitely was a 'hobby', but something I had under control. It was once I discovered the online platforms that I would say that the hobby turned into a habit, and the habit became addictive. Keen, CP and others just make it so damn accessible. Now I wonder if I will be able to scale it all the way back to how it used to be for me.

One thing that helped me is taking a break (because I was broke!). Once I stopped calling I stopped wanting to call. I took a break for a number of weeks (3?), but once I started calling again I just got back into the routine of it.

Anyway, best thoughts to you (and everyone trying to stop calling).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:31:10 AM by FaithandTruth »

Offline FaithandTruth

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 03:12:04 PM »

Thank you Stilltired...

That was my worst as well...binge calling with my “psychic friend”. Mine was pretty good most of the time, always off with timing by like years...what she is good at are feelings of what one is thinking or feeling, but usually it’s the feeling of the end result or not in the moment but what is to come so it’s so unreliable. What upsets me the most is when she has been wrong about the outcomes that I really needed to go a certain way, but then again she was right on other things that I would have never guessed in a million years.  So my addiction is “relying” on her predictions. Or relying on what her response to my question.  I was living and still do at times, on what she “sees”. Bad. Bad. Bad.  It’s like I let go of my own intuitions.

I think we need faith in that God talks to us with our own intuitions. Or at least that’s what I’m working on.

Welcome FaithandTruth, glad you found us.

Over 10 years for me too...I am past the worst of it too, but still calling. I know for me the hardest thing about stopoing is when I have bonded with a reader. The worst time I had, the worst binge calling I did was when I had a friendship with a reader. She was wrong about everything but I still called because I liked talking to her. It was so hard to break the habit of calling her, and I even tried her again twice after I stopped. It was hard to accept how wrong she was because I felt like she was my friend. She messed me up so bad, I was not out of control until I started talking to her. One of the worst things that ever happened in my life. Before that I was really careful how much I spent. The money is not the worst thing though, it is how she messed up my mind, and did it knowing full well the impact she was having on me. That is something I don't feel like I will ever get over.

I feel like if I had a strong bond with someone in my real life that felt genuinely supportive, then I wouldn't need readings. That is what it comes down to for me, I could list all sorts of other reasons why I end up calling but whatever is going on, bottom line I call because I feel unsupported. I feel like the only answer is to rely on something beyond other people, beyond psychics and beyond myself, to rely on God.

Offline FaithandTruth

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 04:06:47 PM »

Thank you Stilltired...

That was my worst as well...binge calling with my “psychic friend”. Mine was pretty good most of the time, always off with timing by like years...what she is good at are feelings of what one is thinking or feeling, but usually it’s the feeling of the end result or not in the moment but what is to come so it’s so unreliable. What upsets me the most is when she has been wrong about the outcomes that I really needed to go a certain way, but then again she was right on other things that I would have never guessed in a million years.  So my addiction is “relying” on her predictions. Or relying on what her response to my question.  I was living and still do at times, on what she “sees”. Bad. Bad. Bad.  It’s like I let go of my own intuitions.

I think we need faith in that God talks to us with our own intuitions. Or at least that’s what I’m working on.

YES exactly...that's what I meant...relying on your own intuition and what is revealed to you within your own faith. That's what I am working on too. I did the same thing, relying on what that reader could "see" for me even when it went against what I was seeing and feeling for myself. But also with readers I don't have any friendship or emotional attachment to, what they say can get me to doubt myself and my own intuition. It can be so dangerous and I don't want to let it interfere with the decisions I make.

Yes I totally understand what you are saying...so much so!  It’s really dangerous for us. Faith is so so important to have in ourselves and what we do in the life to get us where and what we want. I think we are learning the hard way. Lately, i’ve Been upset because she didn’t see the POI coming into my life.  I mean years ago she kinda did vision something but it’s just weird. This whole thing can really mess us up emotionally.  And of course I too called others. Not just my go to..and I would compare to my go to and want to find more info. Thousands upon thousands of dollars...in the toilet. All that and all I got where a few details that only made sense to me after things would happened.

Offline FaithandTruth

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 12:56:45 PM »
Thank you for sharing your story. I’m sorry you had to go through it, I know the feeling of disappointment of the wrong outcome of a read and how hurtful it is to find out the truth of the situation at hand. 

I do the same as you...when ever I stop bingeing and go through a period of not calling- I buy things for myself as a reminder of all the things that I could be doing with my money.

We surely don’t need these reads. 

This is exactly the situation I found myself in.  I had a friend who was psychic, really nice guy, I would recommend him to anyone until recently.   He was so right on so many different occasions but from 2.5 years ago started to be totally off base.  now I think he was telling me what I wanted to hear and not what I needed to hear. 

Fast forward 2.5 years since I heard from my POI  at the time, granted he was an arse, I was always told he was lonely, the 3 years we knew each other every psychic including the guy I thought was my friend said he had major feelings for me, was confused, has sexual issues, was isolated almost autistic blah blah blah.  If he couldn't make it work with me he wouldn't with anyone, couldn't and would never have a proper relationship.  When I walked away my good friend continued to tell me he was angry with me for leaving, was alone, nobody with him, no friends had isolated himself (to be honest that is how he was the 3 years I knew him so I didn't think much had changed).

Just found out my POI who I thought was the one. The guy who was damaged, lonely, friendless and isolated is now living with a woman and they seem very happy.

I cannot even say anything negative about her, she seems lovely and kind and generous and to be honest it is exactly what he needs.  However, I am so sad it wasn't me that could help him change and I wasn't enough to make him want to change.  It was someone else event after all the sh*t he put me through.

Lost my total faith in psychics after this.   My go to person was so wrong about everything.  However, I did read with Yona last week, didn't ask a thing or say a thing and was nothing to do with this past POI so will be interesting to see if she is any good.  That is it though, found all this out yesterday and realise not one was right in my past or what was going to happen re this POI so I have to stop having or trusting readings.  My money is going to be spend on my from now on.  I am already deciding on the shoes I am going to buy instead of having readings.

Thank you Stilltired...

YES exactly...that's what I meant...relying on your own intuition and what is revealed to you within your own faith. That's what I am working on too. I did the same thing, relying on what that reader could "see" for me even when it went against what I was seeing and feeling for myself. But also with readers I don't have any friendship or emotional attachment to, what they say can get me to doubt myself and my own intuition. It can be so dangerous and I don't want to let it interfere with the decisions I make.

Yes I totally understand what you are saying...so much so!  It’s really dangerous for us. Faith is so so important to have in ourselves and what we do in the life to get us where and what we want. I think we are learning the hard way. Lately, i’ve Been upset because she didn’t see the POI coming into my life.  I mean years ago she kinda did vision something but it’s just weird. This whole thing can really mess us up emotionally.  And of course I too called others. Not just my go to..and I would compare to my go to and want to find more info. Thousands upon thousands of dollars...in the toilet. All that and all I got where a few details that only made sense to me after things would happened.

Offline FaithandTruth

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 01:00:40 PM »
I caved...called last night. Back to square one.

Offline marciamia

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 01:09:04 PM »

It’s been a few weeks for me and I’m trying sooooo hard not to cave  :-[

Offline FaithandTruth

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »

Stay strong...sending you positive vibes...how long have you been reading for?

Offline marciamia

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 03:35:20 PM »

Way too long.... started in 2003... then on and off of course throughout the years

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 03:40:17 PM »

Trying to not call myself...instead I ordered myself some makeup :)

Offline FaithandTruth

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 03:55:23 PM »
Funny, I do the same thing, buy myself things to remind myself what I could be doing better with my money..

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 03:56:36 PM »
Funny, I do the same thing, buy myself things to remind myself what I could be doing better with my money..

exactly, the makeup I will enjoy more than a few second high I get off of a reading.  I always ask myself, why exactly am I getting a reading, the last few I got all said the same thing, why am I asking the same question over and over again??  LOL. 

Offline FaithandTruth

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 04:06:06 PM »
Yea I hear ya...I’m trying to be on an off period, it’s so hard. It’s like I need the security that I’m guided. It’s so weird.

Way too long.... started in 2003... then on and off of course throughout the years

Offline FaithandTruth

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 04:33:48 PM »
I think it’s because we need the reassurance...I think that’s what I’m addicted to.

exactly, the makeup I will enjoy more than a few second high I get off of a reading.  I always ask myself, why exactly am I getting a reading, the last few I got all said the same thing, why am I asking the same question over and over again??  LOL.

anything