Author Topic: Soul Mates?  (Read 3463 times)

Offline maroonlight

Soul Mates?
« on: February 07, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
Hey guys. I'm sure you have at least a few fairy tale readers tell you and you and your POI are soul mates.

Personally, whenever a reader says that to me, I find it to be a red flag for a very simple reason. I don't think we are destined to be with only one particular person on this entire planet, and that there would be many great people that we could have deep connections which are intensely fulfilling emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically. The problem is, the readers encourage us to hang on to lost causes and so instead of meeting and dating new people, we hang on to our POIs for months or even years until we finally realize that all of the timeframes have passed and they are long gone, perhaps even seeing someone else.

With that being said, I am a very spiritual person and I have many different beliefs, so I'm not just saying that I think it's a bunch of hocus pocus, but to me it just really doesn't seem logical. We have free will in our lives to do as we wish, so we have free will to be with whom we want to be with as well. It doesn't have to be one specific person.

A story that I will share about what influenced my soul mate interpretation:

My first POI was probably the most amazing man I have ever met. We were similar in so many ways. We shared the same nationality, similar physical appearance traits, the same zodiac sign, and we agreed almost 100% of the time on any given topic we spoke about. He treated me so well and I could talk to him for hours and it felt like 30 minutes. I had never felt a deeper attraction to anyone emotionally, physically, or spiritually. I really did believe he was my soul mate and that I was destined to be with him.

Unfortunately, he spent many years obtaining an education for a career that he was not able to have here. I had just moved here, and we hadn't even been seeing each other for 6 months, so he decided to move away.

It had been almost a year that he was gone when I decided to start calling psychics in Fall of 2016. I spoke to dozens of readers, they all said he would be back in 2017. Months went by, and I finally made the move to contact him myself in March of 2017. He never responded. I was devastated. I stopped using psychics for months until I met someone new that I liked afterwards, which also did not work out.

So that is why I don't believe in the soul mate thing anymore. If I had a soul mate, I would be 100% sure that it was him, but it couldn't of been because he wouldn't of left otherwise. So I just have to carry the hope that one day I will be with someone who I also have the same connection with, and who won't leave.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Offline journalmuse

Re: Soul Mates?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 02:49:55 PM »
I do think we have soul mates. People we are intensely connected to in ways you can’t even really fully explain. That feeling of having known someone forever when you haven’t. That feeling of being HOME when you’re together. That intense attraction. All of it.

I think the mistake people make is in thinking we only have one. Maybe some people do only have one, I don’t know. But I think most of us have a few soul mates in our life. And these don’t only have to be romantic bonds - I think we can have soul mate friendships, too.

Interesting topic. Thanks for sharing.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 03:11:17 PM »
I do think we have soul mates. People we are intensely connected to in ways you can’t even really fully explain. That feeling of having known someone forever when you haven’t. That feeling of being HOME when you’re together. That intense attraction. All of it.

I think the mistake people make is in thinking we only have one. Maybe some people do only have one, I don’t know. But I think most of us have a few soul mates in our life. And these don’t only have to be romantic bonds - I think we can have soul mate friendships, too.

Interesting topic. Thanks for sharing.

I do too, I believe in it...there was no other explanation for the intense draw I had/have to the POI I was calling about a lot.  Never felt that before, so I do believe there's something to the whole theory...

ladya

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:30:15 PM »
We have many soul mates and they come in many forms. Soul mates are here to teach you something and help you grow and once the karma has run out they leave your life. If they’re meant to be in your life they’ll grow with you. A teacher can be a soulmate and teach you something you’ll carry with you for the rest of your life. at the end of the day it has nothing to do with the other person, it’s to do with your relationship with yourself. What did it teach you about yourself and how can you incorporate that lesson moving forward.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »
Hey guys. I'm sure you have at least a few fairy tale readers tell you and you and your POI are soul mates.

Personally, whenever a reader says that to me, I find it to be a red flag for a very simple reason. I don't think we are destined to be with only one particular person on this entire planet, and that there would be many great people that we could have deep connections which are intensely fulfilling emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically. The problem is, the readers encourage us to hang on to lost causes and so instead of meeting and dating new people, we hang on to our POIs for months or even years until we finally realize that all of the timeframes have passed and they are long gone, perhaps even seeing someone else.

With that being said, I am a very spiritual person and I have many different beliefs, so I'm not just saying that I think it's a bunch of hocus pocus, but to me it just really doesn't seem logical. We have free will in our lives to do as we wish, so we have free will to be with whom we want to be with as well. It doesn't have to be one specific person.

My first POI was probably the most amazing man I have ever met. We were similar in so many ways. We shared the same nationality, similar physical appearance traits, the same zodiac sign, and we agreed almost 100% of the time on any given topic we spoke about. He treated me so well and I could talk to him for hours and it felt like 30 minutes. I had never felt a deeper attraction to anyone emotionally, physically, or spiritually. I really did believe he was my soul mate and that I was destined to be with him.

Unfortunately, he spent many years obtaining an education for a career that he was not able to have here. I had just moved here, and we hadn't even been seeing each other for 6 months, so he decided to move away.

It had been almost a year that he was gone when I decided to start calling psychics in Fall of 2016. I spoke to dozens of readers, they all said he would be back in 2017. Months went by, and I finally made the move to contact him myself in March of 2017. He never responded. I was devastated. I stopped using psychics for months until I met someone new that I liked afterwards, which also did not work out.

So that is why I don't believe in the soul mate thing anymore. If I had a soul mate, I would be 100% sure that it was him, but it couldn't of been because he wouldn't of left otherwise. So I just have to carry the hope that one day I will be with someone who I also have the same connection with, and who won't leave.

Did you ever do spell work on any of these men?  I'm just curious, because you seem to have had a lot of readings and no one was right.

I just read a post on the SPS forums that truly freaked me out (kind of similar situation but this woman went off the rails with spellwork and the guy disappeared from her life)....and I do in my deepest of beliefs, think that spells backfire big time and cause the opposite to happen.  I think that's crossing the line into evil territory.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 05:12:11 PM »
Soul mates are just signifigant relationships, for good or ill. Not all of them are pretty and happily ever after.

ladya

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 05:44:43 PM »

Did you ever do spell work on any of these men?  I'm just curious, because you seem to have had a lot of readings and no one was right.

I just read a post on the SPS forums that truly freaked me out (kind of similar situation but this woman went off the rails with spellwork and the guy disappeared from her life)....and I do in my deepest of beliefs, think that spells backfire big time and cause the opposite to happen.  I think that's crossing the line into evil territory.

agreed. spell work will backfire because it comes out from a need and not authentic place. it might work temporarily but in the end backfire even worse.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »

agreed. spell work will backfire because it comes out from a need and not authentic place. it might work temporarily but in the end backfire even worse.

Yes..agree 100%.  Reminds me of that movie "the craft".  Bending free will never works.

there was something about someone doing a "thought implant" into someone's mind or something on that forum, freaky stuff!  I honestly can't even believe someone would do that and not feel weird!

Offline hope4love

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 02:03:32 AM »
I think the term 'soulmate' is very misunderstood and misused.  There's the notion that a soulmate is the end and be all for relationships (ie. there is no other love for you than this person) and that's not the case. Soulmates are about personal growth and it doesn't mean you're meant to be in a relationship with that person; actually it's probably best that you don't get involved. 
Elizabeth Gilbert had a great definition of soulmates in her book Eat Pray Love, thanks to her friend Richard from Texas. 
Soulmates make you stand up and pay attention to what's holding you back in your life and to make those changes.  I've learned that the people I've felt that 'connection' with are for my own personal growth and to not get caught up in the 'happy romance' notion.