Author Topic: Want to know if this worked  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Universal9

Want to know if this worked
« on: February 06, 2018, 03:20:58 PM »
Hello guys,

I recently discovered that the most recent POI is married (and has a gf as well).  He also had a hidden agenda behind connecting with me via FB (to insult me)!
So brief overview is that my ex (not the POI) is 7 years younger than me and belongs to rural Indian family where age is a big consideration.
This recent POI was a friend of ex and since the ex wanted revenge from me (because thats his nature), this POI and ex teamed up and came up with a horrible plan where they would show me down on facebook. After 9 months of no contact with ex, I finally texted him once and since then the POI started attracting my attention on FB and it was almost like a love at first sight seeing him. Little did I know that this would get worse because his wife/gf started changing her profile pic the same day when I changed mine and she was implying via her photos that I am looking older (which I absolutely am not; I am just 6 years older than her and highly educated with a Masters degree from US; unlike her who never even saw US in her life and has an Indian associates degree or something). But she is very pretty though and I will agree with that. Oh btw I am too, if she is 18 in looks, I am equal as well.
 Should I even feel insulted about something like this what she was doing where I was being sort of insulted on age??

After discovering the horrible plan, anyways, what I ended up doing is I posted a post of a dwarf adult dog on FB which I was sure they will understand is for that guy in particular (as he is like 5'5" in height and I wanted to hurt his ego discovering this shitty game he was involved in) and I did post that, my guy friend laughed at it via the post comments- and I know they understood it (because I got immediate reactions).

What I want to know is considering this happened in front of their own people (army guys) who were checking my FB account every day, will this attempt atleast affect his ego and reputation? I mean he is indeed the shortest guy in the army and I really hope this worked?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:24:59 PM by Universal9 »

Offline maroonlight

Re: Want to know if this worked
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:06:15 PM »
This is the beauty for my reasons of not using social media. It is way too much drama for me...

At this point, I certainly hope that your POI is no longer your POI. If I were you I would not worry about getting revenge on meaningless idiots..I would just block everyone who is involved with this on social media and move on with your life.

Offline Universal9

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 05:20:14 PM »
I know, but this population is too much drama, the rural indian population which focuses on age as the main criteria for marriage. I am so glad I am finally out of its clutches but it did take a while. I will block them as well (already did 7 of them).

This is the beauty for my reasons of not using social media. It is way too much drama for me...

At this point, I certainly hope that your POI is no longer your POI. If I were you I would not worry about getting revenge on meaningless idiots..I would just block everyone who is involved with this on social media and move on with your life.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 07:17:41 PM »
That's my point exactly. You shouldn't worry at all about whether or not you're able to get revenge on them. Revenge does no good for your mental, emotional, or spiritual being. Recognizing that it is bad and moving away from it is your best option. I've never dated anyone from the "rural Indian population," but if that is the case, it sounds like those are not the partners for you, and you can move on to something better.

Offline whskers

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:15:08 AM »
@universal - I have a similar culture and very into social media. When some girls wanted war on social media.. I deleted my fb. and blocked everyone in their circle to their 2nd circle. When people are mad at you.. the best thing is to ignore them. They’ll even feel more mad because they don’t affect you 😛 then they’ll look for more avenues to reach out to you, then you block them again over and over again. I learned to live a 0 drama life. It’s amazing! 😁

Offline Universal9

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 06:28:44 PM »
I thank you all for your wonderful responses. I agree I shouldnt stoop so low to their level and I dont even believe I did that by insulting his height; it wasnt necessary at all. I guess its because of some emotions for him so it was a bit hurtful to discover he had a hidden agenda. I am definitely done with this POI, he is not a POI anymore and the ex doesnt even matter to me..

I will never check their profiles again; they are all pretty uneducated (mostly 10-12th grades trust me), and just jealous. I am done with them; my set of friends are much more educated (and decent). And I need to get back on focusing my real goals in life.
Thank you all once again, your responses made my day!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:31:12 PM by Universal9 »

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 04:42:35 AM »
I thank you all for your wonderful responses. I agree I shouldnt stoop so low to their level and I dont even believe I did that by insulting his height; it wasnt necessary at all. I guess its because of some emotions for him so it was a bit hurtful to discover he had a hidden agenda. I am definitely done with this POI, he is not a POI anymore and the ex doesnt even matter to me..

I will never check their profiles again; they are all pretty uneducated (mostly 10-12th grades trust me), and just jealous. I am done with them; my set of friends are much more educated (and decent). And I need to get back on focusing my real goals in life.
Thank you all once again, your responses made my day!!

I'm happy to hear that Universal. You deserve much better than this. I know it is tempting and feels good at first to get back, or at least attempt to get back at someone, but really, it doesn't make you feel better in the long run and just gives them power over you because you're letting them affect your life. I know this from personal experience dealing with emotionally abusive family members. Cutting them off and moving on with my life was the best thing that happened, even though I was very angry and wanted to get back at them.