Author Topic: Stop getting readings and get your life back!  (Read 21098 times)

candiednut

Re: Stop getting readings and get your life back!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 09:24:03 PM »
@whskers - I'm just playing devils advocate here...out of all the predictions you had come true, how many of those are "guessable" like "will I get that job" in which they have 50% chance of getting it right or are they predictions that no one would've ever guessed unless they are real psychics?

Also, do you divulge a lot of information to psychics? Are your information googlable/searchable?

Just some things to think about....because I've also had predictions come true but looking back, they are just so insignificant and like yes/no questions that I really can't say they are psychics. For example, Britta from CP got one yes/no question right in regards to whether I'd pass an exam...then 4 other yes/no questions wrong. lol that's even worse than the probability of guesses. So do I even count that 1 "hit"?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:26:52 PM by candiednut »

Offline whskers

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 09:26:09 PM »
I agree with the post.  I have been in the few months trying to be really good with not reading. Because I agree.. it’s destructive and addictive to a certain extent. And in the future would really like to limit my reading periodically. I have been really good in December and January. I am tracking all my expenses now.. and doing part Time jobs to earn back the money I spent on psychics (which is a lot).

Also I have my fair share of disappointment over psychics. In the process I have learned to cut down the people I read with less than 5.. and who to trust. Sometimes I would try someone new, but I stick with a few.

But I’m limiting my reading not because I never had success with them but because I’m trying to be good with saving up money. Actually I have read about 3 PoI and career questions over 4 years.. and for most part, big outcomes manifest.

I feel really bad when I read post that big outcomes didn’t manifest for a lot of people.. but sometimes I wonder why do they manifest for a few.. but not for most. For myself, psychics have helped me get promoted, not get fired, get my ex back, make my relationships better. And again... I went through binges and have weed out who works and who have not. I had a lot of psychics that didn’t work for me... but the popular ones, predictions have manifested  every single time....  so I don’t I don’t know. I really feel bad but I wonder why it doesn’t work for most.

You're in the 1% that predictions to manifest and psychics are right.  The problem is, the other 99% see your success and think it will happen with them but for the most part, it doesn't.  That's what happened to me. I was in the 99% that everyone was wrong.  And yeah, why things happen for some (a few) and not the majority.  I wish it was the other way around :)

But I do agree though. Stop reading and get my life back!!! I need to earn back all those money I spent on psychics!!!

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 01:30:27 AM »
Great post Baypark and I totally agree. Getting readings just doesn't really change anything. What will be, will be. I wish I had all the time back that I was hung upon these guys I called about. Wish I had not let my job get to me the way it did...it probably would have been better to just quit rather than spend money on readings so I could cope with it. Sometimes readings helped me BUT the thing is it helped me cope with things when it would have been much better to just walk away or let it go. I had to realize any person or situation that pushes me to call like that is not worth it, not worth the money and not worth stressing over.

Many of the readers do have real gifts and they get some things right, but those things are usually not even important or just don't matter anymore by the time they happen. They are almost always wrong on ultimate outcomes and they never even see the things that do happen, the things that really matter. It's all a crapshoot and you can't rely on anything they say to be the truth.

I was so stressed out for a few years there, I just couldn't calm down or soothe myself anymore. I was in that fight or flight state practically all the time. That was really why I kept calling and why it became so addictive. It would have been better for me to take care of my body and my health instead of calling. I would suggest to anyone who is trying to stop calling...maybe go get a massage, an acupuncture treatment, see an herbalist...try to find a way to correct the imbalance in your body that makes you crave the feeling you get from calling.

There really is a physical, chemical component to this. Don't allow yourself to stay stressed for too long or ride the emotional roller coaster of getting readings. I went through a routine where I get my hopes up that what a reader told me would happen, and then crash emotionally when it did not come to pass. Prolonged stress is hard enough on the body but getting readings makes it even worse because you get a temporary high which is not based in reality and will inevitably lead to a crash. I believe most who are calling probably need healing more than anything, not just emotional healing but physical healing.

Oh wow, you have some great points. I remember times being so upset and stressed out, I would call numerous psychics one after another just to get that "everything is going to be ok" feeling. A few hours later, I'd be right back to where I was.  it's a horrible feeling!  You're right about it being physical. I started going to a reiki energy healer (not to stop getting readings) and a few months into it, I felt stronger and that's when I started to finally see what I was doing and I slowly got my own power back.  Slowly, stopped calling. Slowly started to let go of the dumbass that I was hanging on to.  The best way to get a guy to come back is to move on emotionally and energetically.  That means no calling psychics!!!!  :)

Offline whskers

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 01:36:46 AM »
Great post Baypark and I totally agree. Getting readings just doesn't really change anything. What will be, will be. I wish I had all the time back that I was hung upon these guys I called about. Wish I had not let my job get to me the way it did...it probably would have been better to just quit rather than spend money on readings so I could cope with it. Sometimes readings helped me BUT the thing is it helped me cope with things when it would have been much better to just walk away or let it go. I had to realize any person or situation that pushes me to call like that is not worth it, not worth the money and not worth stressing over.

Many of the readers do have real gifts and they get some things right, but those things are usually not even important or just don't matter anymore by the time they happen. They are almost always wrong on ultimate outcomes and they never even see the things that do happen, the things that really matter. It's all a crapshoot and you can't rely on anything they say to be the truth.

I was so stressed out for a few years there, I just couldn't calm down or soothe myself anymore. I was in that fight or flight state practically all the time. That was really why I kept calling and why it became so addictive. It would have been better for me to take care of my body and my health instead of calling. I would suggest to anyone who is trying to stop calling...maybe go get a massage, an acupuncture treatment, see an herbalist...try to find a way to correct the imbalance in your body that makes you crave the feeling you get from calling.

There really is a physical, chemical component to this. Don't allow yourself to stay stressed for too long or ride the emotional roller coaster of getting readings. I went through a routine where I get my hopes up that what a reader told me would happen, and then crash emotionally when it did not come to pass. Prolonged stress is hard enough on the body but getting readings makes it even worse because you get a temporary high which is not based in reality and will inevitably lead to a crash. I believe most who are calling probably need healing more than anything, not just emotional healing but physical healing.

Oh wow, you have some great points. I remember times being so upset and stressed out, I would call numerous psychics one after another just to get that "everything is going to be ok" feeling. A few hours later, I'd be right back to where I was.  it's a horrible feeling!  You're right about it being physical. I started going to a reiki energy healer (not to stop getting readings) and a few months into it, I felt stronger and that's when I started to finally see what I was doing and I slowly got my own power back.  Slowly, stopped calling. Slowly started to let go of the dumbass that I was hanging on to.  The best way to get a guy to come back is to move on emotionally and energetically.  That means no calling psychics!!!!  :)

I think getting binge readings its like eating fast food.  It feels good at the moment, then you feel disgusting after. 

Offline whskers

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 02:10:30 AM »
I do not have facebook and my two social media accounts are private.  Also - this has been an advise i tell a lot of people here — when you read, do not give any information. Ask it in a way “what do you see between us?” Or “what do you see happening here”.  If the psychic dont pick up or connect in a minute, i hang up. 

I have posted predictions coming to pass all over this board.  Here are the most memorable ones on top of my head:

1) In 2014, reader said my ex boyfriend and i will get back together in October 5, 2014.  — after breaking up and not speaking for 1.5 months, we got back together on that date with his iniation.
2) In 2014, a reader said my boyfriend will want to move in with me in a week. - i didn’t believe this because my boyfriend said multiple times that he doesnt want to move in for a while.  After a week, he decided to move in together and it happened so fast.  He found a place for us right away and he put in the deposit the next day.
3) In 2015, a reader said that to be promoted, i should talk to the lady boss. Not my immediate supervisor, the woman she is reporting to.  — this was very accurate because my boss was a woman, as well as the person she reports to.  But the big boss was a man. So the advisor was advising me to talk to the director, not the VP. I got promoted a month after.  Not until after another advise from the psychic because my manager was holding up my promotion so i had to read again and follow their advise.
4) In 2015 - various readers said that i will receive a written warning. One reader explained the event very specific.  She said, your blonde boss will come to your desk early morning, bring you to a man’s office and serve you a written warning. Whatever happens, do not fight it. They will terminate you.  - I called a psychic a weekend before that probably asking about something else.  I used to always ask before i put the phone down “do you have any warnings for me?”.  Then that prediction came up. I went on a psychic binge and most of them saw it.  I even questioned it, my boss is brunette.  Monday came, and my boss had blonde highlight streaks. She said good morning and asked me to follow her.  She brought me to the VP’s room.  They served me a written policy violation because i went out of country for work, but i went on a side trip and my personal credit card didn’t have chip and i was stranded somewhere.  So i used the corporate card and emailed her to let her know the situation and that i will pay her back when i get back.  Thats how they wrote up the warning. If you know me personally, i would have fought it. But since adviser warned me, i said I’m sorry and ill never do it again. Warning went away.
5) in 2015, a psychic said, you will move out of state together with your boyfriend.  - i wanted to break up with my BF and move to New York for a job opportunity.  The work travels 75% so i know we wont work.  THe next day after my job offer, my bf got into school out of state. We moved out 2 weeks after for him to get into school.
6) in 2015, a psychic said, a man in your life will never reach his full life. - my boyfriend died in 2016. 
7) in 2017, various psychic said, you will increase communication with your poi. But you two will never be together. - i was obsessed with this man but something happened that turned me off. Starting august, he started initiating conversation and almost texted me everyday. But i know in my heart i dont want to do anything with him. Up to this day he texts/snaps/IG me everyday.
8) in 2017, various psychic said, you will get offered a job, but not for the position you applied for.  - there was no opening for my expertise, so i applied for a different department, on the day of my interview, two people from the department of my expertise resigned, during my interview, they gave me a job offer right away but not for the department i applied for.
9) in 2017 two psychics said i will not have any communication with my POI for 3-4 months - I didn’t believe them. We were in a honeymoon stage. But something happened that ended our communication.  We have not been talking for 3rd month now. And cookie saw the other day that he wants to reach and that we will try again.
10) In 2018, a psychic said there will be reorganization in my department and it will be very positive for me and i will go up the ladder very quickly. - 2 people resigned and i got all their jobs. I heard a rumor the other day that I’m up for promotion this June. Will be 8 months after i got hired. Very difficult in my industry. Mostly its 2 years before a promotion to that position, even more for some people.  I have been assigned “career advisees (people you need to manage for career progress)” two weeks ago.  I’m the only person in this position that have career advisees under me.

These are not including the small predictions that can easily be guessed or not easy guess but not too significant or the correct contact prediction or very accurate empaths.  I have no luck with contact prediction either except for a few hits.

Although i have to mention - in 2017 i asked if i will get fired for something.  Everyone said no. But i did get fired. But.. before that event happened, i was asking if my company will lay off people... various psychics said, they will be doing it in waves, but you will be long gone when they do that, earning more money and much happier.  Which is true.  I’m earning way more and working 30 hours less. And yes.. my ex company started laying off people in waves. Especially my position at that time.

There are big predictions for me for this year especially around summer.  Predictions that even date back years ago. Supposedly 2018 is a big year for me.   So if those things happen, then yeah psychics do work for me.

But a lot of psychics have told me I’m very intuitive and very easy to read.  I seriously can feel the energy going around me when i do my reading especially after i say my question and the readers start to connect.  When i go on a binge, i am very drained physically after and feel very exhausted sometimes to a point feel I’m very sleepy. I read with Tana Hoy last September 2017, and he mentioned to me that I’m very intuitive.  He mentioned specific events in my past that showed how intuitive i am. Cookie and Yona said that once i met the right person, i will know right away and i dont have to confirm with any psychics.

But yeah, i have my fair share of disappointments with psychics too. And i have been trying new ones time to time from suggestions from this board.  But i have disciplining my self to stop reading. I need to save money. I have accounted for the $ i spent on readings and its not ok. Im doing part time jobs every weekends and night to earn back those readings.  But it will take a looooooooong time......

@whskers - I'm just playing devils advocate here...out of all the predictions you had come true, how many of those are "guessable" like "will I get that job" in which they have 50% chance of getting it right or are they predictions that no one would've ever guessed unless they are real psychics?

Also, do you divulge a lot of information to psychics? Are your information googlable/searchable?

Just some things to think about....because I've also had predictions come true but looking back, they are just so insignificant and like yes/no questions that I really can't say they are psychics. For example, Britta from CP got one yes/no question right in regards to whether I'd pass an exam...then 4 other yes/no questions wrong. lol that's even worse than the probability of guesses. So do I even count that 1 "hit"?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 03:55:25 AM by whskers »

Offline mystery123

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 03:25:02 AM »
What a great post, BayPark! I can totally resonate with it. If I could write as well as you then these would be my words too.

I started getting readings last year, and the small random predictions which happened only kept me hanging for another year on to this guy who doesn't even care if I exist or not. Some readers were maybe right, some were wrong, but getting readings is just an addiction. I didn't listen to any, I just wanted to get more readings. I am not sure even sure what was driving me at that point. I look back and can't believe that it was me who was calling in between work, spending all this money, I must have called 700+ readers just in last year, it's horrible. I feel sooooooooo much better now - not calling.

Not only any major prediction about POI didn't come true, but also nothing about the new guys I was supposed to meet all this while happened. I mean I met guys but nothing long term or no one I liked.

After a long time, I scheduled this reading with Yona, which she kept canceling and postponing, and it didn't even bother me which made me so happy.

Addictions are crazy, the way they sneak up to you without you even realizing-- just boggles my mind.. but I think in the process I learnt some good lessons. But it just is funny that how in 2016 I didn't even know anything about psychics, and how I discovered this whole world of readings and psychics in 2017 and got so involved.

I definitely know better now. and I love you all. You all have supported me when I needed it most.

Offline mystery123

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 03:40:38 AM »
So awesome @whskrs! Loved reading your post as well. So cool when stuff must happen as predicted. I wish too that 2018 may be the best year for you <3 . Looks like you do controlled readings (and not binge) maybe that helps too apart from being intuitive and with open energy. Regardless, very cool!

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2018, 07:14:50 AM »
I agree Baypark, and you are 100% right. But I have to ask:  since the psychics were SO wrong about that first guy who devastated you, what made you trust in readings after that?  Was it just the old familiar well maybe I haven't found one that works for me thing?

I've only ever called about one guy (I mean seriously called and if I added it up, I would probably jump off a building) and after that, I just started questioning the whole prediction thing in general, and I certainly felt nothing like I did in the beginning about the readings.  I think back and I truly believed all they told me and thought it would happen!  And the real mindF*** part was he did keep coming back, even told me he cared and all that stuff but kept pulling the same hot and cold crap that made me call in the first place.  I think I would have moved on a lot faster if he just stopped calling and expressing interest.

After the first guy left after being together 2 years,.I started calling constantly wanting him back. He had searched and met someone before he left so I was really messed up. Because psychics were right the first time about him coming back, I just knew they had to be right this time. During the 8 months of calling, I became addicted. I was also so damaged and my self esteem and self worth was in the toilet, I needed something to make me feel better and psychics did that for me. They gave me hope and made me feel good about myself but only for a little while and then I'd have to call again. And the cycle continued until I realized I had a problem!

Offline whskers

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »
I agree Baypark, and you are 100% right. But I have to ask:  since the psychics were SO wrong about that first guy who devastated you, what made you trust in readings after that?  Was it just the old familiar well maybe I haven't found one that works for me thing?

I've only ever called about one guy (I mean seriously called and if I added it up, I would probably jump off a building) and after that, I just started questioning the whole prediction thing in general, and I certainly felt nothing like I did in the beginning about the readings.  I think back and I truly believed all they told me and thought it would happen!  And the real mindF*** part was he did keep coming back, even told me he cared and all that stuff but kept pulling the same hot and cold crap that made me call in the first place.  I think I would have moved on a lot faster if he just stopped calling and expressing interest.

After the first guy left after being together 2 years,.I started calling constantly wanting him back. He had searched and met someone before he left so I was really messed up. Because psychics were right the first time about him coming back, I just knew they had to be right this time. During the 8 months of calling, I became addicted. I was also so damaged and my self esteem and self worth was in the toilet, I needed something to make me feel better and psychics did that for me. They gave me hope and made me feel good about myself but only for a little while and then I'd have to call again. And the cycle continued until I realized I had a problem!

I had the same experience. They made me feel good about myself for a little while. Last quarter of last year I finally recognize I have a problem and I need to stop. I guess it’s because I wanted to talk to someone who knows about the situations and I  think they really know what’s going on with me and they really understand. I realized I have to stop and turn to friends more. I also got a part time job. Even on holidays I was working, it took my mind off reading. When I get home I’m so tired I just pass out and another day of no reading. I also unfavorited a lot of keen favorites. Makes it so hard to catch them and eventually deleted  keen account.

Offline Newlife

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2018, 03:08:24 PM »
Unbelievable!!!! This is what someone left for a reader

2 days ago  User317402  phone
I specifically asked MOT to be given bad news and yet she told me my husband was cheating on me. I hung up crying and feeling worse than when I called. This service is awful. I want a refund. I keep trying for readers who will PLEASE tell me something POSITIVE. ??

Offline Kate

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 03:39:58 PM »
IN all honesty, the only thing that has helped me not to call is the LoA.  The difficulty I have is sustaining the momentum... if I crash, I can get caught into another cycle..

But when I get into it, it really is the one major thing that helps. Once you start seeing that you're in control of your future, the last thing you want to do is call a psychic and have them rain down on your parade...

Offline marciamia

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 05:37:46 PM »
Unbelievable!!!! This is what someone left for a reader

2 days ago  User317402  phone
I specifically asked MOT to be given bad news and yet she told me my husband was cheating on me. I hung up crying and feeling worse than when I called. This service is awful. I want a refund. I keep trying for readers who will PLEASE tell me something POSITIVE. ??

So basically she wants to get lied to?! Lol

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 08:36:14 PM »
There is absolutely nothing that I hate more than when psychics talk about themselves, but the second thing is the fact they appear to miss this pertinent point since we do pay them. It's like really???!! go call your own psychic if you need a shoulder to cry on, or go talk to yourself in the mirror. There is one chatty reader I use to go to, what is her name....geez what use to get my goat about her is that she would watch the clock too and would be sure to stop it on a dime when the time was up. And afterwards I would be thinking, but we talked mostly about you, when she actually needed to add an additional 10-15 minutes onto the call time, so the caller could get a little snipit of information about themselves. Unbelievable really.

Offline lostsoul209

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2018, 10:14:19 PM »
Looking back I wish I would have never get a reading in the first place some of the thing they said it was true but most of the thing they said it was wrong. Now my poi is in complete denial of the thing she said to me what more can she be hiding. Best thing is to leave her alone and if she willing to come forward or not talking more to her will push her away.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:49 AM »

Yep, that's the thing. If it's a yes or no question there is a 50/50 chance of it happening, even though most readers just tell you what you want to hear.

Britta got a little bit of stuff right for me, but was completely wrong on 2 different POIs coming back, and she gave me the biggest fairy tale ever on both guys.

I have had some readers tell me no with the ex coming back (that is the most likely outcome afterall) but they got all of the surrounding details and situation completely wrong, so I wouldn't give them any credit either.

Also general, non-specific things that apply to a vast majority of the callers, such as when you start the call and the psychic says something like "You have someone on your mind" etc.

So yeah, even when the psychic does get the past or present right, a lot of the stuff could just be general guesses that would apply to a lot of people. I've found recently that a lot of psychics ask an awful lot of prompting questions too.