Author Topic: I didn't give in... update  (Read 4813 times)

Offline psychicaddict1

I didn't give in... update
« on: January 21, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »
Hey guys!

I find this website, thread and everything so powerful and supportive. I love reading all of your updates, stories, etc. I just wanted to post a but of an update, and how proud I am of myself.

I want to say it's been 2 weeks since I've gotten a reading last. I feel like I haven't needed them, and a lot has been happening at the rate I want it to/worked for in regards to my relationship. I've had urges to call to catch up with my readers, but I stopped myself realizing I have no questions to ask, so why waste my money?

However, last night was tough. My boyfriend has issues, as we all do, but more so in controlling his emotions. He had a bit of a moment where he got super angry and stormed out of our apartment without an explanation. I suffer with intense anxiety, and he was not answering my calls or texts... so I was freaking out. I was like, are we over? Is he going to come back? What do I do?

In the past, whenever ANYTHING would happen between us, like if he said something stupid, or I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me, to also being paranoid about him being with other women (he never was), I would immediately call or chat with a psychic. I almost gave in last night and called someone, but I had to sit down and realize how strong my relationship is, and how we've gone through hell and back to let a silly little blow up ruin us.

So, I didn't call, I didn't chat... I worked it out on my own. Honestly, I feel so proud of myself.

I hope you all have a beautiful weekend... take care!

Offline whskers

Re: I didn't give in... update
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
Hey that’s amazing!! Great to hear!!

I have been the same. When i have to urge to call.. i would think.. what does knowing what people think or feel make any difference?  Sometimes when i really want to call, i will look at psychics with good review and read their review in this board and read that predictions didn’t happen.  That wouldn’t make me not want to call. Lol.

I’m proud of you! Keep it up. 

Offline Love-33

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 06:35:34 PM »
Good! My last reading was January 1st so 3 weeks so far! Didn't even feel the need. When you know that all they say is BS, it helps a lot doesn't it lol :)

Offline psychicaddict1

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »
Hey that’s amazing!! Great to hear!!

I have been the same. When i have to urge to call.. i would think.. what does knowing what people think or feel make any difference?  Sometimes when i really want to call, i will look at psychics with good review and read their review in this board and read that predictions didn’t happen.  That wouldn’t make me not want to call. Lol.

I’m proud of you! Keep it up.

Thank you! I would honestly do the same thing hahaha!

Offline psychicaddict1

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 07:25:21 PM »
Good! My last reading was January 1st so 3 weeks so far! Didn't even feel the need. When you know that all they say is BS, it helps a lot doesn't it lol :)

Right? Sometimes I rely on my go to's a lot, and they've been right 90% of the time. But I know they'd say "calm down he'll be back" and why pay 100$ to hear that when I knew he would. (he did after 30 min)

Offline mystery123

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 08:17:45 PM »
You should be proud of yourself! One step at a time! Congratulations!!!

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 08:35:27 PM »
Congrats!! That’s so amazing!!!  That’s the true test; if you can not call when in distress

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 03:54:26 PM »
Wanted to post I went through something sort of similar last night....POI kinda turned cold on me (AGAIN lol) for no reason, after having a relatively good stretch with him.  I came home and after realizing I wasn't even that upset about it, and I had no desire for a reading, but I just kind of don't care anymore!

It was a great feeling!  I guess you get to the point where you just tire of it, and I've prayed for this moment, many, many times, where his BS wouldn't upset me and I really feel like God answered my prayers. 

Just sick of his bipolar personality and hot/cold BS.  In the past, I would try to analyze, what happened?  what did I do or say, maybe he's going through something...etc..This time, i'm like "who the f cares??"  LOLOL

I feel I deserve better and I truly feel like a switch has been turned off and I've lost interest.  what an amazing feeling, and long overdue!  ;D 8)

Offline mystery123

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »
Wanted to post I went through something sort of similar last night....POI kinda turned cold on me (AGAIN lol) for no reason, after having a relatively good stretch with him.  I came home and after realizing I wasn't even that upset about it, and I had no desire for a reading, but I just kind of don't care anymore!

It was a great feeling!  I guess you get to the point where you just tire of it, and I've prayed for this moment, many, many times, where his BS wouldn't upset me and I really feel like God answered my prayers. 

Just sick of his bipolar personality and hot/cold BS.  In the past, I would try to analyze, what happened?  what did I do or say, maybe he's going through something...etc..This time, i'm like "who the f cares??"  LOLOL

I feel I deserve better and I truly feel like a switch has been turned off and I've lost interest.  what an amazing feeling, and long overdue!  ;D 8)

YAY! So happy for you! I know it's the BEST FEELING EVER! Anxiety free and don't care mode

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 05:37:03 PM »

YAY! So happy for you! I know it's the BEST FEELING EVER! Anxiety free and don't care mode

THANKS :)  Yes, I realized he caused me tons and tons of anxiety and I didn't even realize sometimes where it was coming from!  So unhealthy, no good relationship starts off that way. 

One psychic I read with on Purple Ocean pointed this out to me...he told me this guy triggers my anxiety and depression and it's almost a point of mental abuse.....Boy was he right and one of the few!!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:39:42 PM by sawthelight »

Offline Beesa

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 06:12:36 PM »

This is so great, its such a great feeling isn't it! I can totally relate unfortunately. I read somewhere that closure is indifference and I think that's really true.
Right before my breakup last year (like a month) my ex was being totally bipolar again and crazy and I was so tired of it. I prayed to God that if it was in my highest good to be out of the relationship then please let my feelings for him fade. I didn't know what else to ask for, I was so sick of asking to make things work, to understand him better, etc.... So I just released myself I guess? lol. Because we had one big ol fight and then it was over. I went no contact entirely and went back and forth with my feelings but then started to realize they were FADING omg. It was a miracle  ;D  Of course he tried really hard to come back and I sort of gave him a chance but then I found that yah my feelings for him weren't strong anymore. I felt so free. we've gotta save the good for the ones who really deserve it !

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »

This is so great, its such a great feeling isn't it! I can totally relate unfortunately. I read somewhere that closure is indifference and I think that's really true.
Right before my breakup last year (like a month) my ex was being totally bipolar again and crazy and I was so tired of it. I prayed to God that if it was in my highest good to be out of the relationship then please let my feelings for him fade. I didn't know what else to ask for, I was so sick of asking to make things work, to understand him better, etc.... So I just released myself I guess? lol. Because we had one big ol fight and then it was over. I went no contact entirely and went back and forth with my feelings but then started to realize they were FADING omg. It was a miracle  ;D  Of course he tried really hard to come back and I sort of gave him a chance but then I found that yah my feelings for him weren't strong anymore. I felt so free. we've gotta save the good for the ones who really deserve it !

Wow, I like that!  Closure is indifference, so damn true...when you can hear something about your ex and just NOT care.  But man, does it take forever to get to to that point, but very freeing once it does happen.  I'm not 100% at the indifference part, meaning I still care for him somewhat, but I am a heck of a lot stronger than I was.  My expectations are zilch at this point, and that in and of itself is a major step in the right direction.

I remember an ex of mine, I was so hung up on him and it took me forever to reach a point where I wrote him off completely.  Heard from him a few years later and he was telling me about a girl he was currently with and I felt NOTHING and I honestly felt sorry for the girl! LOL....and guess what, surprise, surprise, didn't last with her either.  That fool never realized his own issues, just played victim all the time.

Sorry to hear you went through something similar.....but glad you are at a better place.   :D :)

anything