Author Topic: Some Myth Busting from a Keen Advisor  (Read 28047 times)

Offline bstalling

Re: Some Myth Busting from a Keen Advisor
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2018, 10:23:21 PM »
Still, there is more depth provided here from those that post about their experiences with readers compared to Keen feedback system. We learn about peoples experiences over time, we learn certain quirks of readers and can see a common theme--over time. We have to use our own discernment about who to call or not, but boards like this, from posters that share a common insterest, can better help a paying client choose wisely--whether they are an addict or not.

The things I was addressing in my post were not related to people providing honest feedback about readers. The specific things I addressed were 1) The "all readers only care about your money" theme that seems to be all over the place here, 2) The BS that we share client information - I don't even know where or why we would do that, and 3) The assertion I see here that we are purposely lying to you.

Well, I countered some of those points. You may not do it, but don't speak for all of your Keen colleagues because they have been caught in the act. The BS of sharing client info is not BS at all. I knew about it years ago, it was very popular on Kasamba and Keen at one point. Do all readers do it? No, but it happened--and it gave you insight into the quality of readers on these platforms. And lets face it, I doubt most of you psychics would read all day for clients at a 0 rate. You do it for money, which is fine. Its when that need for money trumps providing a quality service is where we get upset.

ETA: To clarify, info sharing was designed to generate more revenue by 1) Giving "new" clients that WOW feeling by rattling off something accurate about their situation. Many clients don't stop at one reader, why not consolidate that information and make their jobs easier and more lucrative? It works well, especially if you are not really psychic. That is where this "all readers care about is money" idea comes from. From behavior like this. I had someone on Bitwine do this to me. She used information from my Paypal receipt, which was my business name to provide "psychic information" that was supposed to wow me. It was a new LLC and she rattled off the date of when it started...and said that the name starts with an S. I knew right away she was using my personal information to try to wow me. I called her out and left a bad review...which was later removed LOL. She was so shocked I knew what she was doing that she argued with me all night over it---tried to make me the bad guy.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:45:57 PM by bstalling »

Offline Angelina11

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2018, 10:25:40 PM »
Most of our clients do not have a psychic addiction.

I have zero doubts that you gravely underestimated the number of psychic addicts that got a reading from you.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2018, 10:27:53 PM »

I have zero doubts that you gravely underestimated the number of psychic addicts that got a reading from you.

She has an idea of an addict being a certain type of person, and its not accurate.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 10:28:42 PM »

At this point, I believe in psychic ability. But I'm 50/50 about even good readers being capable of providing a useful, consistent service.

EXACTLY!

Offline pprincess

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2018, 10:40:57 PM »

Well, I wasn't going to go there, but I do question this. Do any of you real readers ever question why there is such a disconnect with accuracy? Do you actively pursue ways to get better...and be less wrong? I get the feeling that a lot of you just end up being offended when we post critical reviews and then shrug your shoulders and move on to the next client. Some of you come on here and pretend to be clients, then chastize us when we criticize your service. I'm asking earnestly here, because I do believe that there are good ones out there that can be more consistant than they are.

At this point, I believe in psychic ability. But I'm 50/50 about even good readers being capable of providing a useful, consistent service.

Yes some of us definitely work to improve our skills and accuracy. It's something you can see in some readers over time, like many of us will start using different or more tools after some years on Keen, or we will drop tools we used to use based on negative feedback. Some of us have found that our accuracy with timing wasn't very good so we will no longer offer timing predictions, and some of us have found that we can be more accurate if we use Oracle cards to confirm our intuition, etc. We also share advice on those types of things in the forums. I used to work on Kasamba/LivePerson too and particularly there we had a lot of discussion on skill improvement. Less so in the Keen forums, but there is some of that.

I think when it comes to critical feedback, our reactions are going to depend on how the feedback is presented and of course our personalities. Some people just can't take criticism, and even those of us who invite it want it to be constructive. The problem is we don't get a lot of helpful/constructive criticism on Keen, so it might take us a while to identify where a problem might be in our process. Also, if I have 15 repeat clients in a week tell me that my predictions were correct, and 2 people say I was wrong, does that mean there is a problem so large I need to rethink my whole process, or is that just inevitable because I'm not perfect and there are a million ways that situation could have gone in a different direction from the one I was seeing at the moment?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2018, 10:53:58 PM »
Great, I'll be happy to answer that for you.

I hardly ever tell a reader they were wrong. I don't see the point in it, believe it or not. Either I leave good feedback or none at all.
I return to readers who were wrong because in every conversation I've had with a reader, there is always some amount of incorrect information given within the conversion. That should be a given for all readers because I've never come across anyone who was 100% correct. I take it with a grain of salt and focus on what was right, so perhaps if you change your focus, I would think all your clients were given incorrect information, even during the calls where the information was right. They just chose not to tell you about it, like I do.

I've had many predictions to manifest and many that didn't, all from the same reader(s). All readers are equally 50/50 for me. If I ask two questions, then one is going to be right and one is going to be wrong. So then, I have to get another reading on the same two questions in order to increase the odds of getting the other question right.

Callers are so thrilled and over the moon when a prediction manifests that we return to tell the reader, whereas we rejoice instead of lamenting about all the other things they got wrong.
We are still hopeful that in another call, we can get more correct predictions as well.

Offline peppie

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2018, 11:44:50 PM »
Still, there is more depth provided here from those that post about their experiences with readers compared to Keen feedback system. We learn about peoples experiences over time, we learn certain quirks of readers and can see a common theme--over time. We have to use our own discernment about who to call or not, but boards like this, from posters that share a common insterest, can better help a paying client choose wisely--whether they are an addict or not.

The things I was addressing in my post were not related to people providing honest feedback about readers. The specific things I addressed were 1) The "all readers only care about your money" theme that seems to be all over the place here, 2) The BS that we share client information - I don't even know where or why we would do that, and 3) The assertion I see here that we are purposely lying to you.

Well, I countered some of those points. You may not do it, but don't speak for all of your Keen colleagues because they have been caught in the act. The BS of sharing client info is not BS at all. I knew about it years ago, it was very popular on Kasamba and Keen at one point. Do all readers do it? No, but it happened--and it gave you insight into the quality of readers on these platforms. And lets face it, I doubt most of you psychics would read all day for clients at a 0 rate. You do it for money, which is fine. Its when that need for money trumps providing a quality service is where we get upset.

ETA: To clarify, info sharing was designed to generate more revenue by 1) Giving "new" clients that WOW feeling by rattling off something accurate about their situation. Many clients don't stop at one reader, why not consolidate that information and make their jobs easier and more lucrative? It works well, especially if you are not really psychic. That is where this "all readers care about is money" idea comes from. From behavior like this. I had someone on Bitwine do this to me. She used information from my Paypal receipt, which was my business name to provide "psychic information" that was supposed to wow me. It was a new LLC and she rattled off the date of when it started...and said that the name starts with an S. I knew right away she was using my personal information to try to wow me. I called her out and left a bad review...which was later removed LOL. She was so shocked I knew what she was doing that she argued with me all night over it---tried to make me the bad guy.
100% agree. it's a joke someone comes on here and speaks on behalf of all the keen psychics, who are completely independent from him/her. speak for yourself, not for 1000 other people. please.

Offline jas

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 12:16:26 AM »
Well damn......this was a constructive good conversation until someone started saying "bitch" and "bitter" and pretty much made the whole thing turn harsh.  So PPrincess is a reader and is now being attached.  She might be wrong about how she has labeled us on this forum, but come on, grow up and stop the name calling.  I don't like what she has to say but allow her to say it and perhaps we can have a constructive, back and forth, conversation. 

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2018, 12:23:09 AM »
Oh come off it Jas. Really?? Nothing has turned harsh, it was that way from the beginning.
No one is telling her to stop talking, but she should get her facts straight.
Think, why don't you for one sec...why would a reader feel the need to join a review forum?

To help us recognize that WE are the issue?
Do you honestly believe that what she is saying is constructive...seriously??

Offline Beesa

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2018, 12:24:17 AM »
I mean this was a really interesting thread and i appreciate pprincess's post, it's eyeopening. Maybe in all fairness she doesn't know how addicted some people are who get reads, esp if she only is on part time as she says. If you're on there full time it's probably a whole other ballgame. I think it takes some guts to get on here in this lions den where people can be really bitter from being hurt sometimes, and take the time to post so much but not be trying to promote yourself.
It's just totally unfair for to take out all the anger on her .

Offline jas

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 12:42:15 AM »
yes, Beesa, exactly.

Offline britbrat

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2018, 12:44:31 AM »
In all honesty one reader can't be the voice for all. I have no proof that I have been flat out lied to, but I have had many so called psychics turn out to be 100% wrong. There is never an explanation for it and they don't want to take any responsibility for it. There are a list of issues with these reader's from customer service to fraud. A friend of mine had a reader on Etsy mistakenly copy and past her social media information in an email reading. She was busted and still tried to lie. The same goes for reading experiences, just because a reader is wrong for one person doesn't mean they don't have a gift, but it is proof they are not right for everyone and can be very wrong. They need to take responsibility for that instead of acting like the customer did something wrong to change the prediction.

Offline Beesa

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2018, 12:46:15 AM »
I've had readers lie to my face too and i think there are always bad apples but the bad apples aren't gonna come crawling on there knees here and take responsibility , that requires a conscience

Offline bstalling

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2018, 12:59:50 AM »
Well, I do thank pprincess for at least sitting back, watching the board and trying to bring about a discussion. She didnt pretend to be a client and promote herself. Thanks for that.

Offline peppie

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2018, 01:05:55 AM »
Well, I do thank pprincess for at least sitting back, watching the board and trying to bring about a discussion. She didnt pretend to be a client and promote herself. Thanks for that.

i don't think we should thank someone for being honest. honesty should be a baseline. she definitely IS pushing SOMETHING.

anything