Author Topic: turning off my keen account  (Read 20291 times)

Offline whskers

Re: turning off my keen account
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2018, 03:34:29 AM »
Thank you very much! It feels soooooo good. Obviously I was inspired by a lot of people here. Shut out to my private-message-buddy, you know who you are. I started with unfavorite-ing a lot of readers I normally read with. So when I have cravings I see no one is online. But sometimes I would look them up and see if they’re online. Then I have been really good in not reading these past weeks because it’s hard to catch my favorites if you don’t have them in your favorite list.  and today.. just thought, why do I still keep this account! I haven’t read! Then delete it. 😊

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2018, 03:39:27 AM »
Thank you very much! It feels soooooo good. Obviously I was inspired by a lot of people here. Shut out to my private-message-buddy, you know who you are. I started with unfavorite-ing a lot of readers I normally read with. So when I have cravings I see no one is online. But sometimes I would look them up and see if they’re online. Then I have been really good in not reading these past weeks because it’s hard to catch my favorites if you don’t have them in your favorite list.  and today.. just thought, why do I still keep this account! I haven’t read! Then delete it. 😊

I’m proud of you. May we all be so strong.

Offline nightime

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 07:28:07 AM »
YAY!  :D That's awesome news! It's hard but it can be done! I remind myself if I could quit smoking, shit I can quit anything! That's a great method on letting this stuff go. I too have started unfavoriting these advisors. Now I just to take the next step and close it!

Offline peppie

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 04:33:56 PM »
Happy to report I closed my keen account today. Yay! Feels so good 😍

CONGRATS!@!@!!! that's SO AMAZING.

i think i'm about ~month clean now.

today i went and put all my finances together and oh boy. i'm really getting out of this mess just in time. i have no idea how i even paid for all the readings since what i was spending was CLEARLY out of my budget. but i stopped just in time before thing were going to topple over.

actually, looking over all my finances has me scared crazy. it wouldn't HURT for me to get a reading now - a short one, but i know if i do one, i'll do many. there's something about it that sucks you in. like... an alcoholic... "one sip won't hurt"....

p.s. there were a couple of readers who did predict correctly, but honestly it's not reliable because you never know who is right or wrong or.... the difference between left and right anymore... this one is right THIS time, that one is right THAT time.

Offline Beesa

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2018, 04:14:22 AM »
Having a bit of a down moment. Want to call a psychic and know what's next....even though none of them ever turn out to be right, it's so weird that just a phone call can make you feel like you have control over things. ughhhh! I don't even have keen anymore....may be I should just go out and stop looking on social media
I know, I just WANT TO KNOW. And then I do and then I want to know more because there are certain things I didn't know before. No, these are the times not to call.

I wish we had an emergency hotline to each other to like walk each other away from a ledge. All we really need I think are intuitive friendships, they make things a bit better  :)

Offline peppie

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2018, 09:42:41 AM »
if you've been good lately, if you let the moment pass you'll feel really good about yourself! hang in there during the bad moments. i actually did capitulate and called one but honestly, after it didn't gratify because of the lingering feeling of "yeah right"... maybe right maybe not right.

the longer you don't call the easier i get i think... at least for me. the moment will pass if you stick it out i promise.

sometimes i want to glorify a reader and say this one was always right. then i remember no no she wasn't he wasn't. and when i remember that i remember what a waste of my money all of this is.

i want to add that many psychics on keen are dishonest... yes, even your favorites. they know their predictions don't pan out but they keep taking people's money. it's REALLY dishonest.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:46:23 AM by peppie »

Offline Cooper28

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »
So true about managing your own anxiety and staying in the moment until the feeling passes. Calling psychics is the habit we created to ease that tense, troubling and overwhelming feeling - whatever that may be for each of us.

You’re doing well peppie, your willingness to come clean is a major achievement on its own. So use this board to help you keep account of your progress. Do whatever helps you to stop calling.

I had a few failed attempts at quitting earlier and was unnecessarily hard on myself each time I capitulated. For me now, three months of not calling makes it easier to not call. And, oh my gosh, I’ve had so much more money to spend on things that make me happier. New clothes, new make up, a yoga membership, eating out more and money still left over - this stuff delivers so much more happiness than that short-term relief from a reading that will most probably be wrong anyway.

Offline peppie

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2018, 01:33:33 AM »
i want to add that many psychics on keen are dishonest... yes, even your favorites. they know their predictions don't pan out but they keep taking people's money. it's REALLY dishonest.

This is so true...many of them know full well what they are saying won't happen. They lie because they know it will keep people calling and hanging on for those predictions.

Some of them really do believe their predictions though, even if you tell them factually why it can't or won't ever happen, they will insist on it, "oh but this is what I see and my guides/visions/cards/whatever are never wrong." Just plain delusional. I used to think it was terrible that people who claim to have psychic ability might be considered insane but now I totally understand why.

there is a point in time when they must know the truth but ignore it so they can continue making money. look at all the people we've talked about on here - those who after months we discovered they weren't accurate. they KNOW.

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2018, 06:08:29 AM »
if you've been good lately, if you let the moment pass you'll feel really good about yourself! hang in there during the bad moments. i actually did capitulate and called one but honestly, after it didn't gratify because of the lingering feeling of "yeah right"... maybe right maybe not right.

the longer you don't call the easier i get i think... at least for me. the moment will pass if you stick it out i promise.

LOOK AT YOU! not calling like a BOSS!!!  I agree when you do have weak momenta and call, there is definitely that thought that the reader is bullshit. Now it happens during the.call.  I still have weak moments. When I call, Im bored and am wanting to know if anyone new is coming my way. I literally want to just hang up mid sentence because they are giving me such a fairytale! I don't believe them one bit. I've spent about $20 in the last 2 months. Big difference from spending thousands!!!

So proud of you Peppie!!!!!!

Offline peppie

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2018, 12:24:49 PM »

LOOK AT YOU! not calling like a BOSS!!!  I agree when you do have weak momenta and call, there is definitely that thought that the reader is bullshit. Now it happens during the.call.  I still have weak moments. When I call, Im bored and am wanting to know if anyone new is coming my way. I literally want to just hang up mid sentence because they are giving me such a fairytale! I don't believe them one bit. I've spent about $20 in the last 2 months. Big difference from spending thousands!!!

So proud of you Peppie!!!!!!

thanks baypark, i spent $20 last week. much better than the hundreds i used to call. the worst one, baypark, was the guy who i emailed you about - i told you what he bought with my money (shhhh). thief!

i think the thing is you never know when someone is right so it's not like knowing does anything for you at all.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:28:47 PM by peppie »

anything