Author Topic: turning off my keen account  (Read 20287 times)

Offline Beesa

Re: turning off my keen account
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 04:27:53 AM »
Wise words, Baypark.
Trusting intuition is big but it's so hard to do in the grip of anxiety.

I wanted to share this, I really like Veronica Isles. I know its hokey or whatevs but i think she's so great, she makes me smile.
She does this 'What If' video with the LOA stuff to make your mind go into a more positive spin. But its like really smart because the process is also to free up your brain from obsession and worry and make it be more open to other things. I really like this  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8I_eyVaxW4

One thing I kind of did with this what if vid is like i made it so i do what if for a lot of other things in my life. One of them is , What if my intuition is really strong? What if my intuition is stronger than these reads I get? What if I already know a lot of what i'm getting a read about? what if i already know? etc. When i get all anxious, i start to do it for a few mins, and it works. It needs consistency. We're not going to get ourselves/intuition back right away. Its like having to win the trust of ourself again after we've wounded it by totally discrediting it and letting someone else be the intuition. it makes me sad that i did this to myself.
I tried it for a week.... i swear it works like amazing. I got all these confirmations.

Just also to add, i think it's hard to just starve out the need and not call entirely. Like it's a thing that you take away from yourself. You have to give yourself something else to replace it, otherwise you are just starving yourself and thats why sometimes the cold turkey thing with addiction doesn't work. The well has to be filled. A recovery process has to be tapped into, otherwise you're just sitting there losing your damn mind  :o
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:30:31 AM by Beesa »

Offline jas

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 12:13:21 PM »
Thanks Beesa, I am going to try this!!

Lovefash67

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »
I have been off keen for the last 4 months,  and honestly it has been the best decision I made last year I use to read with at least 3 readers a day or have 10 readings a week. What helped me with my addiction is coming to terms that I don't want my ex anymore because he treated me like shit. It took my ex  11 months of no contact for him to reach out to me to apologize for everything that he has done and how I was special and blah blah and even with him knowing all that he got some girl pregnant. So, I came to terms that he never cared and he is still a piece and what's the point of wasting my money and being broke because I purchased readings

Offline Angelina11

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 01:53:10 AM »
i'm afraid to do it but i think i need to.

help!

Good luck, Peppie!
I have been off keen and other psychic sites for over a month now; I went through psychic addiction for about 4 years. Here was my recipe to end that nightmare:
 #1. I got completely exhausted/emotionally drained by quick relieve (when getting readings) - anxiety (a few days after, while wondering if the predictions will really come true) - sadness/apathy/depressive moods (when witnesing nothing coming to fruition) cycle. About 90%of all readings were about a man Iwas interested in and at some point Isimply got tired of that pitiful state I have been in for too long; that in turn led me to my next step

#2. After hearing numerous times that my poi will contact me and I should have some patience, I had enough and decided to get all the clarity myself by reaching out to that man and asking him to meet and ask him pretty much all the questions I was asking psychics about him. I texted him and we met, and here is a very powerful thing occured when I met him: I got very present to the fact that most, if not all, psychic readings put us into another dimention, like an alternate reality in wich we start to believe certain things about people we ask about. Like in my case I was meeting my ex still thinking that he likes me a lot and that deep inside he wants to recconect and didn't forget about me, however when I actually met him - it became clear almost right away that he has moved on, moreover he was sharing his plans for the future and I was nowhere near it. I didn't even ask him the questions I wanted to ask him, because it was not even appropriate in that moment -  everything was clear without words.

After that meeting I wasn't calling psychics for about 4 months. I think actually meeting a guy to check with him where we stand was THE MOST powerful thing Ihave done to stop that addiction. The questions that I was asking psychics about were all answered.
However, over 4 months later, I run into my ex again, accidentally. He was sweet and flirtatious with me, and said, "hey, we should get a drink", but  even though I was open to it, he made no actual plan to meet and never called/texted after that meeting. That should have been enough for me an indication that he didn't actually mean what he said, but silly me, I got lost in a forest of 3 trees, ugh...and called psychics again.  and dumped close to $4k in a month
Close to all psychics told me I was going to hear from my ex, a few said I won't. Most memorable was a reading with QoC. After she told me that my ex won't come back, I asked her about possibilities in the next few months. She answered, "Nah, I see you seating around, patiently waiting for the guy, believing he will reach out to you. He wants nothing to do with you though". It was painful to hear her saying that, but now I can't thank her enough for doing that.
I stopped getting readings and started to heal again.

#3 All november and pretty much every day in december I have been reading posts here (I really wish I had discovered this forum long ago, but I only found it at the end of september), I espcially enjoy reading old posts and posts written by members who have been here for awhile. It looks like some folks actually did move on, no longer enchanted by psychic readings and rarely check in here, good for them! I found it benefitial to read posts like, "almost all were wrong" and some posts just made me get really present to what a horrific impact that adiction had on people's life. Like when people were given a false hope for years while their poi were dating others, getting engaged, getting married. One of the first posts that had in impact on me was: http://www.thepsychicreviews.com/forum/index.php/topic,1337.0.html   

I am extremaly greatful for people having courage to share their true life stories here. I know the pain many of you were writing about - reading it definitely played a huge part in my working through addiction. Using the guidance of a truly gifted psychic, takes wisdom, takes knowing how to ground yourself, how to keep yourself balanced, how to use their guidance to create and NOT EVER FORGETING that we and not psychics create our future. The way I was getting readings was definitely unhealthy.       

Offline peppie

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 05:42:14 AM »
thank you everyone. i haven't replied in a few days because i've been processing what everyone has been writing.

it has really helped. thank you. i'm not writing back to specific posts but they are really helping. i have to process how i'm going to get out of this mess.

angelina's post was scary because it's true we are not getting the truth but making decisions in another dimension. ugh and probably making a fool of ourselves when we act out of what a psychic tells us, too.

Offline peppie

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 05:49:50 AM »
sometimes i start feeling really anxious or worried about things and then i want to call keen.

tonight as i felt the anxiety rising up (i wanted to get validation), i said to myself talk through it. i thought about it and thought wow there are so many real assholes out there that should be embarrassed about how they have acted - people who have done some really bad things to other people and they should totally feel bad. but they don't! and they just get up and move on and we look at them like wow really? but they live with themselves, people forgive them and they don't bat an eye. they keep thriving and surviving with all these people judging them and they are oblivious or clueless.

i realized if they can move on without feeling horrible about the REALLY stupid embarrassing or even unethical things they did .... well i didn't do anything horrible at all... surely i can get up and be like oh well, as well.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 05:51:30 AM by peppie »

Offline peppie

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »
1+ weeks no readings...

it's probably a good idea i avoid going on keen at all right now. the urge just takes over you know?

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2017, 07:25:39 PM »
1+ weeks no readings...

it's probably a good idea i avoid going on keen at all right now. the urge just takes over you know?

Woohoo!!! This is  a HUGE accomplishment!!! Go reward yourself with a new outfit, manicure or massage :)

Offline peppie

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »
i bought myself a big old expensive jar of ... vitamins (yes vitamins) and a big old bottle of wine. i have a long way to go yet.

on the way walking home i began to get huge cravings. :( i realize though once i start i can't stop so i can't even call one.

Offline Angelina11

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2017, 10:22:55 PM »
i bought myself a big old expensive jar of ... vitamins (yes vitamins) and a big old bottle of wine. i have a long way to go yet.

on the way walking home i began to get huge cravings. :( i realize though once i start i can't stop so i can't even call one.

I have this site block extension on my chrome so anytime I want to go to keen it takes me to buzzfeed. Honestly it's working :D

SMART!

Offline peppie

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 12:55:38 AM »

I have this site block extension on my chrome so anytime I want to go to keen it takes me to buzzfeed. Honestly it's working :D

SMART!

i'm having a really bad moment.... i really want to call.

Offline Angelina11

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 01:26:41 AM »

SMART!

i'm having a really bad moment.... i really want to call.

I've just sent you a private message; Please be strong there!!!

Offline peppie

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2017, 01:37:50 AM »
thanks angelina. i'm smarter because i don't give myself room to make mistakes. however, in those bad moments i want to call so badly it scares me. i keep then thinking why did i cut up my cards? why did i do this?

it's really overwhelming.

Offline Cooper28

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2017, 08:49:18 AM »

One of the first posts that had in impact on me was: http://www.thepsychicreviews.com/forum/index.php/topic,1337.0.html   

I read this entire thread and there are some magnificent posts here; thanks for sharing Angelina. One of the frequent posters in this thread was Sagitira, so I looked her up and found her final posting:

http://www.thepsychicreviews.com/forum/index.php/topic,1846.msg27002.html#msg27002

Peppie, there are some great book suggestions in there that may help. If you can distract yourself with something you want more than the short-term relief from readings then you are on your way to beating this.

I haven’t had a reading for over two months now and have been focusing on making me happy. One thing that’s helped me is listening to back-to-back Abraham-Hicks videos on YouTube. There are tons on there and these can keep you entertained for days on end. I’m also a big fan of Joe Dispenza and I highly recommend his book “Breaking the habit of being yourself”. Beliefs are just a habit and we have the power to change them and attract something much better in our lives, I’m convinced of this now. In fact, the teachings of these two dovetail nicely together.

We’re at the end of one year and the start of another. Imagine if your situation is still the same this time next year, if you’re still calling and you have not changed. How would you feel about yourself? This is was what did it for me. I have decided to take matters into my own hands and I already feel better for it.

Best of luck everyone, and happy new year. May it be a life-changing year for us all where we form new healthy habits and easily let go of the ones that hold us back from living our best lives. 

Offline peppie

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2017, 02:45:01 PM »
Imagine if your situation is still the same this time next year, if you’re still calling and you have not changed. How would you feel about yourself?

This is huge. Yes, when I think about that I am REVOLTED. Absolutely revolted.

Thanks, Cooper28. Thanks Angelina, thanks Baypark, everyone.