Author Topic: turning off my keen account  (Read 20421 times)

Offline peppie

turning off my keen account
« on: December 26, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »
i'm afraid to do it but i think i need to.

help!

Offline bstalling

Re: turning off my keen account
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 10:01:31 PM »
Why are you afraid? You said everyone has been wrong for you, so you are not losing anything. If you havent found one or two readers you can semi-trust, close it.
I keep mine open because there are a few I like and found trustworthy.

Offline whskers

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 10:04:32 PM »
Do it peppie! I’m planning on closing mine too. But I’m #4 with friend sue  :D. It’s been a month. After I read with her I will shut Keen down  8)

Offline peppie

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 10:11:04 PM »
Do it peppie! I’m planning on closing mine too. But I’m #4 with friend sue  :D. It’s been a month. After I read with her I will shut Keen down  8)
haha! Can I tell you I'm less than 10 now with LadyPersephone ... I waited over 1.5 months. I am now in line as a joke as I'm not calling someone I don't know.

I feel safer when I have someone who can analyze waht's going on, even if it's not psychic. I'm super afraid I'll panic after I shut down my account. I did that a year ago. I shut it down and freaked. I'm in a better place now to do so because everyone was wrong and so I am a bit traumatized by that.

Offline peppie

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 10:12:13 PM »
Also, there's this weird phenomena where even though i knew everyone was wrong, I view my favorites with rose colored glasses. I can't see it. I honestly don't know what that is.

And one more thing. I'd like to remind everyone that as much as you would like to think your favorites care about you they are there to make money. They are profiting off of you and don't care less. If they did they wouldn't keep giving you wrong information. They would refund your money when they find out they are wrong. Other than a handful of readers (very few) most are milking you for your money.

I actually have one reader who is still trying to get me to send him money and he was WRONG about EVERYTHING. I actually think wow the nerve of that guy.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:18:24 PM by peppie »

Offline bstalling

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »
Also, there's this weird phenomena where even though i knew everyone was wrong, I view my favorites with rose colored glasses. I can't see it. I honestly don't know what that is.

And one more thing. I'd like to remind everyone that as much as you would like to think your favorites care about you they are there to make money. They are profiting off of you and don't care less. If they did they wouldn't keep giving you wrong information. They would refund your money when they find out they are wrong. Other than a handful of readers (very few) most are milking you for your money.

I actually have one reader who is still trying to get me to send him money and he was WRONG about EVERYTHING. I actually think wow the nerve of that guy.

Like wire him money? Who is this reader?

I personally don't get too attached to readers. Its a matter of liking the service they provide in exchange for the money I pay. If I feel its not worth it, I stop paying and going to them. Its slippery territory to think you are friends with someone you are paying money to talk to.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 04:44:28 PM »
haha! Can I tell you I'm less than 10 now with LadyPersephone ... I waited over 1.5 months. I am now in line as a joke as I'm not calling someone I don't know.

I feel safer when I have someone who can analyze waht's going on, even if it's not psychic. I'm super afraid I'll panic after I shut down my account. I did that a year ago. I shut it down and freaked. I'm in a better place now to do so because everyone was wrong and so I am a bit traumatized by that.

Read with Lady P off her site, if you are going to.  Don't keep Keen open for her, her site is much more reasonable and she can usually schedule you the same day.

Offline peppie

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 07:55:32 PM »

Read with Lady P off her site, if you are going to.  Don't keep Keen open for her, her site is much more reasonable and she can usually schedule you the same day.

i'm not going to call her. i just keep my name in line just as a joke at this point. the last thing i need is a new reader!!!!!

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 07:58:44 PM »

i'm not going to call her. i just keep my name in line just as a joke at this point. the last thing i need is a new reader!!!!!

oh ok

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »
@Fluttershy and Peppie

I have been exactly where you are at.  I was focused ONLY my ex and psychics and couldn't function. My business was failing, I couldn't pay my bills, I drained my savings and I felt like there was something seriously wrong with me. I would get so anxious I would shake.  It was horrible! 

I don't remember exactly the day it happened, but I started to look back at all of my readings and it really sank in that nothing happened as they said it would.  In  my gut I knew he was never coming back and I had felt this for months.  I felt it but it didn't stop me from getting readings.  One of my last readings with Keisha she told me that this may not be the best for me (this guy) and that when he does come back he won't give me what I wanted and deserved. She actually PM'd me to tell me that even though something may happen, doesn't mean its the best thing for me.  At the same time I was once again realizing that this guy wasn't good for me.  From that point forward I started to cut back on the calls.  I haven't had a reading in over a month. I didn't stop all at once. I went from 10 calls a day, to 5, to 3 to 1 then 3 a week, 1 a week etc.  I got to the point that when I did call, I knew what they were telling me was bullshit.  Why was I calling?  I don't know.  Habit? Addiction?  Who knows. I can't tell you why.  Even now, when I get the urge to call I don't because the urge passes when I remind myself that nothing is going to come of these readings.  I'm wasting my money.

The bottom line for me is I KNEW there was something underlying for the reason I was calling and hanging on to this guy.  I kept searching online for addiction, obsessing over an ex, how to let go etc.  Finally I found Susan Anderson and it resonated with me.  I also started working again from Louise Hays book "You can heal your life". Between the two, I finally go.  I don't obsess anymore nor do I have that craving to call.

Ladies (and gents) this is an addiction.  Bottom line.  At one point I found some 12 step AA worksheets that I did and replaced the alcohol with readings.  I'm also a recovering alcoholic FYI.  I remember when I started getting bad drinking, I would think this isn't normal to drink so much. Its NOT. It's also not normal to call psychics as much as we do.  There is a underlying reason you do and you have to figure out what that it. For me, it was lack of self worth and abandonment/rejection issues.  You will have to find your reason but I guarantee there is a reason and it's not that you're just crazy.  You're not.  Remind yourself of these things and keep repeating them to yourself 1000 times a day if you have to.

1) I do not have to call at this minute - Just for today, I will not call (if you have to say "just for this minute, I do not have to call" then do it)
2) Nothing has come true from these readings (nothing substantial)
3) You've spent HOW much money?  (count it up if you have to. I didn't do that, I was too scared to know)
4) He's not coming back  PERIOD  (If he was coming back, he'd be here already) This one is a hard one because it hurts like hell at first. You're finally admitting it's over
5) I am worthy of more
6) Ask God (or whoever your higher power is) for strength to not call but to believe in him  (I didn't mention God in my healing but he did help. I finally broke down and admitted I wasn't trusting him but wanted to so bad and needed help)

This is what helped me.  I was highly addicted to readings.  One month I spent $4000. In ONE MONTH.  Thats why I won'd add up what I've spent. I would probably kill myself if I did :)

You both know you have a problem and you both want to stop.  That's your first step.  Bravo!!! 

Offline whskers

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 09:07:42 PM »
Very sorry you’re going through this...

I know it’s really hard to stop.

I’m having a hard time quitting too! But I need to! I would like to!!!

This year for Christmas I got big sacks of metaphorical lumps of coals... metaphorically.... from my family. Withs lots of talking. I let bills slip and have payed them. I have given nothing but focus only on my ex and Psychics- and in return I’ve suffered. Made my family suffer. Pointlessly suffered, again... and yet again. It’s been so so so heavy in my heart, and my consciousness. I suck.

If I wasn’t driven by this trauma who I would be?
Who would I be if I wasn’t someone trying to get over my?
And I feel like tried everything and have failed. Therapy, hypnotherapy, group counseling, sex and love addiction groups... so again I have to pick myself up and try them... yet again. I feel even resentful in trying to get help. But the judgement is there again...

But I also can’t live this anxiety anymore- constant fear of quickly making money then spending it- sigh not even on clothes... but psychics... not even on gambling but psychics.

Where was I on this rant... right quitting Keen. It also causes me lots of anxiety too.

I believe for me- if I let go of my ex, a new love can come in. If I let go of Keen and psychics God will provide- it always has! So I’m right there with you on this.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 09:11:58 PM »
Great post Baypark...I'm so happy for you that you've stopped calling and realized you deserve better  ;D

I so agree on the money aspect.  Shit, I don't want to know either. 

Another thing is, if the POI does come back, he will, whether you get readings or not.  So let things happen the way they are meant to and let life flow naturally, before you started relying on readings to predict every step and then get depressed when things don't pan out the way they said they would.

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 09:27:31 PM »
Great post Baypark...I'm so happy for you that you've stopped calling and realized you deserve better  ;D

I so agree on the money aspect.  Shit, I don't want to know either. 

Another thing is, if the POI does come back, he will, whether you get readings or not.  So let things happen the way they are meant to and let life flow naturally, before you started relying on readings to predict every step and then get depressed when things don't pan out the way they said they would.

To add to this. I also firmly believe that getting so many readings screws up the outcome.  I honestly do.  When I first started getting readings 5 years ago on the first POI, all said he would be back.  He did come back and also in the month they said he would.  I only got maybe 6 or 7 readings over a 9 month period that time.  The other 2 POI's I had a million readings on and neither one came back. 

I believe in the obsessing energy and it pushes them away. After a while, they finally really move on because we are still hanging on to them with that needy obsessive energy.   

This is just MY opinion and MY beliefs.  All I know is when I wasn't obsessing, the guy came back.  When I was obsessing, he didn't. 

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 10:10:08 PM »
I agree with you on that as well!!

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 02:28:38 AM »

Peppie, you have lost your own power and faith in yourself. You do NOT need someone to to analyze things for you.  You are giving the psychics the power over your life.  If all have been wrong, why continue to give them power and control over you and your life?   You are strong enough to do this on your own and if you believe in God, then he can help you!    Hell, I'll analyze your life for you and charge you $3/minute, then put it in a savings account for you :)   Do a google search on trusting yourself and your intuition.  You've totally got the power to do it and you'll end up doing better in your life when you rely on you and your own instincts.  Yeah, you may make a mistake or bad choice here and there, but you'll be a hell of a lot richer!!!! :)

anything