Author Topic: Hi, I'm new to this, looking for advice  (Read 3953 times)

Offline shannon1025

Hi, I'm new to this, looking for advice
« on: December 04, 2017, 04:20:33 AM »
Hi all! I've only recently been reading with online psychics. I had a woman near my home that I read with in person, but she has moved away and does not do phone readings. I feel a little lost but I do love the idea of being able to access a psychic from my couch :) I'm hoping to find one or two readers that I can establish a relationship with that aren't too expensive. Any advice for someone new to online psychic readings? Do you find that some of the connection is lost if you read over chat? What are the best sites? So far I've used Keen and Kasamba, and definitely like Keen a lot better.

Offline Seeker

Re: Hi, I'm new to this, looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »
Don't become addicted. Only use this as a tool and in very rare, unfamiliar circumstances. Otherwise, you'll be on the phone/chat all the time throwing away a fortune and getting nowhere.

Offline shannon1025

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 01:21:28 AM »
Thanks all. I'm reading some of the posts here about readers sharing notes, and secret forums? WTF??? My friend has been using Keen for quite some time and has a few favorites that I've tried out. Still searching for that one that I click with.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 03:41:11 PM »
Unfortunately a lot of it is trial and error, because readers that seem to work for one person sometimes don't work for another person. Best advice is to read here, and be choosy... also really examine feedback. In feedback I look for reports of specific predictions that have come true, not just thanks for the reading, or you're so nice, or you make me feel better, etc.

Offline AustralieNs

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 06:51:57 PM »
Also when the feedback is incredible like "WOW ANOTHER PREDICTION CAME TO PASS! Your predictions are unfolding just as you said to the exact day! Hoping it will all keep unfolding as it always does with your prediction!" - take note of the username of who posted it. You might see that SAME username every page or two posting the same type of thing. I care way more when reviews like that are coming from a variety of users and not just their friend lol

Offline AustralieNs

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 06:57:24 PM »
Also a psychic site views "better" psychics as psychics who can keep you on the phone longest. Sometimes the higher priced psychics are just the ones who are able to make you feel as though you cant hang up. They won't stop talking, they never wrap anything up, they'll take too long to say something simple, they'll tangent into personal experiences or patronizing lectures as if they're your girlfriend. Fact is- a lot of people are calling because they feel alone or just want someone to talk through their issues with. So the "best" and "favorite" psychics are usually just the ones who give you that dopamine rush during the call, who make you feel the warmest and fuzziest and have friendly caring voices and are convincing. So don't assume the higher priced ones are the best- because that's what I did! Turns out the higher priced ones are just the most charming and talkative. The best I've found so far are usually in the lower end of price because they get people off the phone fast with their clarity and direct answers. The site isn't pulling in a lot of money through these readers so their prices stay low
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:06:16 AM by AustralieNs »

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 07:16:27 PM »
Hi, you also asked about phone vs chat. It's highly individual. In general I feel like the connection is better when I use the phone, but that's not always possible. I will say I've had some great chat readings, so I don't think it's much of a worry that way.

But, in a practical sense, remember that not everybody is that good/fast at typing and when they're not that fast you can get a lot more bang for your buck over the phone.

Offline shannon1025

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 02:53:28 AM »
Thanks so much everyone for the advice! I have found a few that I like (and don't like), and all are under $5/ minute (anything higher than that is just ridiculous, IMO). My two favorites are Divine Light Readings by Val and Sweet Serenity. I prefer chat, and both are fast and coherent (good spelling and grammar, which might not seem like such a big deal but I've chatted with a few that have terrible grammar and it makes it very difficult to understand them). Val and Serenity don't try to milk my time and both have been accurate.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 03:28:08 PM »
Thanks so much everyone for the advice! I have found a few that I like (and don't like), and all are under $5/ minute (anything higher than that is just ridiculous, IMO). My two favorites are Divine Light Readings by Val and Sweet Serenity. I prefer chat, and both are fast and coherent (good spelling and grammar, which might not seem like such a big deal but I've chatted with a few that have terrible grammar and it makes it very difficult to understand them). Val and Serenity don't try to milk my time and both have been accurate.

Val was a nightmare for me; she was so wishy washy and changed her predictions after a while. 

Offline Kate

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 04:25:02 PM »

Val was a nightmare for me; she was so wishy washy and changed her predictions after a while.

I also found Val rather wishy washy.. although looking back she was not wrong as such.. she just didn't really tell me anything distinctive.. after I asked her about my POI she said something along the lines of "aww don't give up.." something like that.. and the reading didn't get much further.. 

anything