Author Topic: Game of Thrones (GoT)  (Read 20484 times)

Offline naturegirl

Re: Game of Thrones (GoT)
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 10:34:32 PM »
Haha same, been binge watching. It's good for me because I haven't been getting any readings via chat - keeping me occupied when I start in with the overthinking.  I read the GoT books too, but at about season 5 the show starts to do it's own thing. I'm so excited. The books are good, but man, I feel like the show is even better. I can't wait, blood bath and all! :)

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 11:45:28 PM »
I haven't read the books because some book nazis are crazy due to the fact that a lot of things didn't appear in the books or didn't appear in the story the right way.
I downloaded the books as an epub, but haven't read any of them yet. I don't want it to spoil how they plan on ending everything.

I have read a few articles about some of the characters, the wrap party, that sort of thing and I have seen many of the characters show up in other projects.

The movie/true story about Hervé Villechaize that Tyrion Lannister did called 'My Dinner with Herve' was actually pretty good about the little person from Fantasy Island.
I just binge-watched the series 'Widow' on Amazon Prime and his father was in that, Tywin Lannister.

Much of the films that Daenerys Targaryen played in were just awful (like one of the Terminator films), as well as the stuff Jon Snow has done (Pompeii). OMG, just awful.

Offline Beesa

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 03:45:10 AM »
I have read a couple of the books and I love the show. The books are ok, imo the show is a lot better. The writer just wrote himself into a corner years ago and has slowed down so the producers and writers just sort of took over and it's the best thing that's happened to the book as far as I'm concerned  ;D

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 03:46:43 AM »
I have read a couple of the books and I love the show. The books are ok, imo the show is a lot better. The writer just wrote himself into a corner years ago and has slowed down so the producers and writers just sort of took over and it's the best thing that's happened to the book as far as I'm concerned  ;D

Im so happy to hear that the show is better than the book! I dont feel bad for not reading it now lol

I'm hyped up as well!

Offline happyk

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 04:19:53 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-g0sPgEkMo

I though you guys might appreciate this.

Offline happyk

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 04:28:52 AM »
Also if anyone wants a quick recap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZx887udEnM

I didn't have the energy to watch Cersei pull all that bs again so opted for this lol.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 01:57:31 PM »

I didn't have the energy to watch Cersei pull all that bs again so opted for this lol.

Thanks for this! I was debating rewatching the series again a while ago to refresh my memory but didn’t have it in me lol

Offline happyk

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 04:13:19 PM »

Thanks for this! I was debating rewatching the series again a while ago to refresh my memory but didn’t have it in me lol

You got it, Sparks!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 11:48:11 PM »
On a side note, anyone watching American Gods?

Offline happyk

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2019, 12:48:24 AM »

Not the second season. Is it any good?

Offline wishes215

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 07:28:10 AM »

Just finished the first season. Seriously I’m not sure how I feel:)) how do u find it?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »

Just finished the first season. Seriously I’m not sure how I feel:)) how do u find it?
I find it bizarre as hell. I enjoy the show, as much as I can because I love Ian McShane, but the woman who can absorb lovers into her V J J? I'm like what kind of god is that reminiscent of? Truly?? What kind of power does this give her? I know some male writer had to come up with that weird shyte.

I even adore the nitwit leprechaun, but the show was not what I was expecting, so this is good to be fair.

The guy looking for his Jinn and all the other technological gods…..yeah, just kind of strange.

There was one thing in particular (a plot point) that I found to be flawed. When the wife died in the car wreck and everyone knew she had been going down on her brother in law. Well, no one was there. How did everyone come to know that is what she had been doing; considering we saw her thrown all over the road? Crappy writing unless the gods spread the word/rumor about her and what she was doing, since Wednesday wanted Shadow Moon as his aide. Then I guess it’s possible.

The OA is another strange one and it's currently in its second season.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 10:29:05 PM by HornetKick »

Offline wishes215

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2019, 03:17:12 AM »
because didn't his friend's wife say that they found his dick in her mouth, thats how they got to know what she was doing at the time of the crash. sorry to sound crude but thats exactly what she said:))

lol I started watching for Ricky whittle:)) and the Vagina sucking god does it to only remain youthful???!! I mean couldn't she have just given them mouth to mouth and sucked life out that way???LOL

I do love the leprechaun, I find him funny.

I find it bizarre as hell. I enjoy the show, as much as I can because I love Ian McShane, but the woman who can absorb lovers into her V J J? I'm like what kind of god is that reminiscent of? Truly?? What kind of power does this give her? I know some male writer had to come up with that weird shyte.

I even adore the nitwit leprechaun, but the show was not what I was expecting, so this is good to be fair.

The guy looking for his Jinn and all the other technological gods…..yeah, just kind of strange.

There was one thing in particular (a plot point) that I found to be flawed. When the wife died in the car wreck and everyone knew she had been going down on her brother in law. Well, no one was there. How did everyone come to know that is what she had been doing; considering we saw her thrown all over the road? Crappy writing unless the gods spread the word/rumor about her and what she was doing, since Wednesday wanted Shadow Moon as his aide. Then I guess it’s possible.

The OA is another strange one and it's currently in its second season.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 03:33:48 AM »
because didn't his friend's wife say that they found his dick in her mouth, thats how they got to know what she was doing at the time of the crash. sorry to sound crude but thats exactly what she said:))

lol I started watching for Ricky whittle:)) and the Vagina sucking god does it to only remain youthful???!! I mean couldn't she have just given them mouth to mouth and sucked life out that way???LOL

Yes that's right...now I recall the comment. It made me laugh to read that.
Ricky's okay. I find his acting stagnant, but I doubt he was hired for his acting.

Offline wishes215

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 06:11:44 AM »
And I don’t like him for his acting either 😉

quote author=HornetKick link=topic=2449.msg81880#msg81880 date=1555212828]

Yes that's right...now I recall the comment. It made me laugh to read that.
Ricky's okay. I find his acting stagnant, but I doubt he was hired for his acting.
[/quote]