Author Topic: Game of Thrones (GoT)  (Read 20461 times)

Offline HornetKick

Game of Thrones (GoT)
« on: August 14, 2017, 03:45:56 AM »
Is anyone watching this?? It's good as F>ck!!
Makes me want to be there with the dragons and shit! I live for the weekends now.

..it's sort of on topic, there is a red witch.

Offline HornetKick

SPOILER ALERT
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »
LOL
GOT is a great show, indeed. At least we know that Jon is legitimate now

He is like waaaaaaaaaaay legitimate, but then TPB (the powers that be) had to go and have Daenery swoon over him and he is probably her brother right? (sorry nope, Daenery is his aunt).
I loved how all the men at the end were trotting off to catch a Whitewalker, but tbh some of them are not coming back. I so hate that 'cause I like all of them.

...that's the rule for watching this series...don't get attached to anyone.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:42:59 PM by HornetKick »

Offline Sooshi

Re: Game of Thrones (GoT)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:45:10 PM »
Stopped watching that show ages ago. I just couldn't get invested in the characters. Daenerys is super annoying. She's the one I wish got taken out and here it is season 7 and she's still there. 

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »
Stopped watching that show ages ago. I just couldn't get invested in the characters. Daenerys is super annoying. She's the one I wish got taken out and here it is season 7 and she's still there.

I can't stop laughing. So funny. What did you hate about her?
I actually binge watched Seasons 1-6 to refresh my memory with stuff and to recall who is who, since there is an over abundance of characters. I hardly even remembered all those Kids Rob Stark had and the youngest one last season was recently killed and I was kinda glad. He wasn't significant at all. I find Aryia (sp?) a tad annoying, then she went blind, then got her sight back - whatever. Her entire story arch was boring as hell.

Offline wildfox87

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »

Oh no!! Daenarys is my favorite character, her and Jon Snow of course. Even though it would be considered incest ( I think she would be considered his aunt), I hope they have a romance together, I know it's coming! I want them together so bad!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:09:04 PM »
Oh no!! Daenarys is my favorite character, her and Jon Snow of course. Even though it would be considered incest ( I think she would be considered his aunt), I hope they have a romance together, I know it's coming! I want them together so bad!
I agree. I was all for them to be together until I heard they are relatives. Why couldn't they have made them distant cousins or some shit?
I also didn't like how she was sooooo goo goo eyed over him and he wasn't thinking twice about her. That is such a typical arc where male creators are concerned.
The scene of him reaching out to touch the dragon was so good. I thought the dragon was going to bite his hand off.
The show gets better and better. There were boring lapses before, but not this season.

Offline wildfox87

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »
I agree. I was all for them to be together until I heard they are relatives. Why couldn't they have made them distant cousins or some shit?
I also didn't like how she was sooooo goo goo eyed over him and he wasn't thinking twice about her. That is such a typical arc where male creators are concerned.
The scene of him reaching out to touch the dragon was so good. I thought the dragon was going to bite his hand off.
The show gets better and better. There were boring lapses before, but not this season.

This season is the best one so far! I'm just so depressed there's only 2 episodes left of the season! Then we have to wait another year... I wonder how Jon Snow is going to find out he is a Targaryn... I thought when he touched the dragon that would be a sure give away. And yeah Jon Snow is so clueless to emotions, he's all logic. Definitely a guy you would need to call a psychic about lmao.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 08:14:12 PM »
I just read an article and JSnow said this season heavily implies that he is related to Dani, and although he was concerned by his heritage early on in the series, not so much now due to the Wight Walkers.

Where I am now in my life, I'd run for someone like Jon. A person you have to chase and who will keep you guessing about his true feelings. Who wants/needs that shit?
Did he ever tell the Wildling chick that he adored her or was that much, much later, if he did at all?

Yeah, don't remind me about having only two epi left. They really need to get this stuff back up earlier. The wait is just crazy. It is the highest rated show, and also takes the longest time off.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:16:17 PM by HornetKick »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 04:54:51 AM »
Oh shyte, sunday's episode #6 was leaked on the internet. Oh my oh my oh. I just watched it. Soooooooooooo good!

Offline wildfox87

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 05:07:55 AM »
I just read an article and JSnow said this season heavily implies that he is related to Dani, and although he was concerned by his heritage early on in the series, not so much now due to the Wight Walkers.

Where I am now in my life, I'd run for someone like Jon. A person you have to chase and who will keep you guessing about his true feelings. Who wants/needs that shit?
Did he ever tell the Wildling chick that he adored her or was that much, much later, if he did at all?

Yeah, don't remind me about having only two epi left. They really need to get this stuff back up earlier. The wait is just crazy. It is the highest rated show, and also takes the longest time off.

I think he did say i love you to her eventually. They weren't together long though. I read something online about the amount spent per episode being something like 10 million dollars per episode. I think the dragon scenes were really expensive.  I guess that's why there's only 8 episodes this season. 

Offline wildfox87

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 05:09:37 AM »
Oh shyte, sunday's episode #6 was leaked on the internet. Oh my oh my oh. I just watched it. Soooooooooooo good!

No spoilers! :)) lol I can't bring myself to watch them online. I like to prolong it so it doesn't end and that way i have something to look forward to.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 02:53:47 PM »
It's a good thing George isn't as involved with the new season...it's much better with him out of it. He is a writer, not a visionary. IMO. But some directors are not good visionaries, hence the reason the original director for the pilot was fired and the pilot was reshot with a new director.  HBO almost did not even pick up the show with the first screening of the pilot.

The Shining would not have been as good as it it today as such a classic, had they let Stephan King have any say so about the film. He wrote the book, which is just a guide to someone writing the screenplay, then the director makes the movie based on how he interprets the screenplay. Of course with all those hands in the pot, things are going to get pulled in and somethings left out. In the book, which I read, the effing trees talked, so that would have been just whacked stupid, although it fit fine in the book. Stephen King always mixes fantasy with reality, which is not a problem, he just tends to go overboard with it and creates fantasy that isn't even realistic (a paradox I know). There are still rules with that sort of thing.

I never read the GoT books. It's the book hounds (nerds te he) who claim oh that didn't happen or this didn't happen, but who cares? The storyline is still good and every little bitty thing doesn't have to follow the books. The book series is massive - I'm in college, who wants to read all that shyte?  There are audiobooks on Youtube if anyone is interested. DL them before they are gone or blocked.

I've read many many posts during the first season where people claimed they were going to stop watching the show and I was like...SSSSSSSSuuuurRRRRReeeee and nope that didn't happen. It was just so unrealistic. IMO with such a great show. I know people who could never get into it, but I was intrigued by the white walkers from the beginning and that was the main reason I kept coming back so see what was up with that bunch, then the dragons, then perhaps everyone else.

Because Jon/Dani are not currently hooked up, everyone loves a good love story (not that I agree with these two in particular), I'm just saying.
Everyone in the world does not end up with someone. Movies/films/television makes too big a deal out of romances sometimes which I feel have created a fantasy state in many people, which isn't healthy. js. Jeez, does the whiteknight have a girlfriend?

I agree with Dani telling Jon to kiss her foot. The kingdom was ripped from her so it's only right that she gets it back and needs to know where everyone's allegiances lie. But when everyone finds out he has a bigger claim than she, I wonder how she is going to feel when Jon tells her to kiss his pinky toe? Now now Dani, don't come at him with your Dragons.

Arya (even with her many faces speech) still rankles my nerves. Go away!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:55:33 PM by HornetKick »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 03:19:49 AM »
I just saw season 7 episode 6. It leaked online. Was pretty intense. I'm hella mad about the ending though (won't spoil it).

I was just flat out heart broken, but Jon Snow/Kit Harrison in a few interviews actually spoiled it without meaning to or perhaps it's in the books. For some reason I knew what was going to happen before it happened and I'm not sure if someone speculated about it or what. I'm not sure.

Have you heard anything about S07E07 having leaked onlne as well? I read an article about it that it was posted too early or something like that. I'll be on the look out for that too. Might as well get it over with.

I now know the difference between a Wight and a Whitewalker. The Whitewalkers are the sacrificed babies that were used to create the Whitewalkers (and bring on the cold, snow and ice), where as the Wights are just zombie like creatures who have risen from the dead due to the Night King. Ha!

Offline naturegirl

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 09:58:29 PM »
Bumping this because I am so jacked for the final season!!!!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 10:06:44 PM »
It's been a long ass wait. It's suppose to be a blood bath so don't get your hopes up on your favorite surviving the end. I rewatched all 7 seasons just so  it's still fresh. It's much clearer the second time around and you begin to appreciate who survived and/or dies and recognize all the nonstellar characters.