Author Topic: Game of Thrones (GoT)  (Read 20984 times)

Offline happyk

Re: Game of Thrones (GoT)
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2019, 04:30:04 AM »
Omg so this sounds wild, but i just read this new fan theory that Dany is gonna kill Arya 👀 Check it out :

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9035297/game-of-thrones-arya-stark-killed-daenerys-twist-fan-theory/

Do you think Arya's gonna die? 😖

You don't say!! 😭😭

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2019, 04:32:40 AM »
I was totally lost with the fight with Euron and Jamie - like what beef did I miss? Like that fight made no sense.

I really wanted Cercei to be taken out by someone - but based on the hints in the show - Jaime and her died together - blah.

Will Arya kills Danerys? It appears she had green eyes

Surprised but not surprised by Danerys - didnt know she would take it to THAT extreme wow.

So who will sit on the throne? My dibs are on Sansa, Gendry or Jon (Aegon)
I think Arya may get to Danerys

Offline happyk

« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2019, 04:34:10 AM »
MOD gone crazy. I wasn't expecting such a harsh repercussion to Missandei's beheading. The violence seemed to shock Jon Snow more than me. Oh man, I wanted to cry. That was so unnecessary. Breaker of chains my ass, that woman should be called the killer of Innocents 😭😭

Offline happyk

« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2019, 04:36:55 AM »
I totally thought Arya was a goner many times during this episode, but she lucked out....many times.
This was a brutal battle and very harsh.

I was very, very concerned for the dragon considering all those scorpions they had built and I'm glad Dany was successful, but man was she mad, no pissed.

In hindsight I don't believe it could have been any other way as she told Jon at the beginning of this episode, the people were never going to like her so they had to fear her.

I feel Tyrion is going to die because of his betrayal of freeing Jamie, plus all his many f! ups. The exchange between him and Jamie, the way Jamie was always in his corner was so effing touching.

Varys I was surprised by his execution. Was it because he was trying to talk everyone into selecting Jon? As smart as he is, that was the stupidest move ever!
Jamie and Cercei together in death were fitting. Jamie was dying anyway and Cercei's denial that her army wasn't going to fail, well that truly led to her death.

Hornet, I pm'ed you. Can you check, please?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2019, 04:42:47 AM »
I was totally lost with the fight with Euron and Jamie - like what beef did I miss? Like that fight made no sense.

Euron always wanted to be King of something and felt Jamie stood in his way, because originally Cersei kept him at arms length.
But once she got Euron's ships and he killed a dragon for her, she started softening to him, he really thought he was going to sit on the throne.   Fool.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2019, 04:45:56 AM »

Euron always wanted to be King of something and felt Jamie stood in his way, because originally Cersei kept him at arms length.
But once she got Euron's ships and he killed a dragon for her, she started softening to him, he really thought he was going to sit on the throne.   Fool.

Understood, but how the heck could Jamie get in the way of getting on the throne? Jamie was never going to be king so it was weird

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »
I laughed when I saw these posts from all the ongoing articles:

1) One thing I know for sure is GoT is going to enter the Guinness Book of World Records as the show with the whiniest fans ever. Suck it up, change the channel or (and I know this is crazy) read a book.

2) Maybe it would have been more meaningful if they had fought over a latte.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2019, 04:01:10 PM »

1) One thing I know for sure is GoT is going to enter the Guinness Book of World Records as the show with the whiniest fans ever. Suck it up, change the channel or (and I know this is crazy) read a book.

I agree! Now while some of the character arcs didnt make any sense, didnt mean everyone had to whine about every little thing.
The show is still entertaining lol

Offline happyk

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2019, 04:18:19 PM »

I agree! Now while some of the character arcs didnt make any sense, didnt mean everyone had to whine about every little thing.
The show is still entertaining lol

who are you guys referring to be whining?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2019, 08:07:44 PM »
Yeah there were a lot of issues with the show. I wonder why they didn't keep the final season as long as all the other seasons. What difference would an extra four episodes make for the writers. So they aren't jamming tons of stuff into six tiny, barely 1hr shows. On top of that they left a hole about Cersei's baby. 1) Was she really pregnant? 2) Euron thinks he may be the father to a future king 3) Euron not knowing if she is/isn't pregnant.  I mean I could go on.

I feel it was pretty much a given audiences wouldn't like most of the selections that were made. The chick who plays Sansa made that very clear early on.

I can't figure out Jon, as if he is disgusted almost with Dany. One can't let treacherous people walk around without consequences like Varys. He knew he was going to die. Come on.
Jon is no saint. He effing made Ygrette believe he was head over heads, so he can glean information and then got the hell out of dodge.
She fell for him hard and was so hurt and then gets killed by a snot-nosed brat.

I just don't like his attitude towards Dany, even after he claimed he loved her. Really Jon?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2019, 02:54:14 AM »
The first time ever I was looking forward to the episode ending. It was a letdown for me.
Where should I begin? No one, including Jon had the right to take another person’s life. It isn’t their choice to make. With that being said, why not send a raven to Bran to see how things might play out. Bran might have predicted that Dany would have Jon’s children and soften somewhat…who is to say? I don’t feel they utilized Bran enough once the Whitewalkers were eliminated. They don’t even let Dany say any last words…shit. 

Everything else was just lame and some sort of closure for everyone.
And all the lame fan theories that Dany was going to kill Arya or Arya was going to kill Dany. I knew it was going to be Jon after his talk with Tyrion. To some degree everyone kind of ended up where they started….sort of.

Glad that it's over now that the ending has come.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2019, 03:53:47 AM »
The first 20 mins of the show were bomb - the rest just a total letdown.
The opening with Danny and the Dragon behind her was an awesome shot...the eeriness of it made it to be pretty awesome....but after the scene with Jon and Danny...I was a bit underwhelmed.

Like why did Drogo burn the Iron Throne down and how did he know to even burn just the thrown?
Bran was made King just because he knew the stories of the land?

Jon was so blindsided by Danny (with love) and needed to be sent back north -- after everything, I wanted him to be king - I mean he saw a balance between both sides, he fought as a noble leader, but yet still didnt want to be king and that part annoyed me (even when he was King of the North at one point)

I think with regard to Jon having a right or not of taking a person's life - well the whole show was about taking people's lives lol. We could literally apply that to everyone who was killed in the show (whether there was a right or not)...I just feel like even if a raven could be sent to Bran - what would he have been able to do? The future was going to play out as it did...Bran I believe saw the whole thing play out but I dont think he could change any events (well other than Hodor) but yeah....I felt that Jon needed to do what he did, kill Danny - that part of the ending at least satisfied me

I agree Bran was not used enough at all! Thats why for him to be king was just, I dont know - like sipping a bland cup of tea?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2019, 04:11:54 AM »
The opening with Danny and the Dragon behind her was an awesome shot...the eeriness of it made it to be pretty awesome....but after the scene with Jon and Danny...I was a bit underwhelmed.

Like why did Drogo burn the Iron Throne down and how did he know to even burn just the thrown?

Jon was so blindsided by Danny (with love) and needed to be sent back north -- after everything, I wanted him to be king - I mean he saw a balance between both sides, he fought as a noble leader, but yet still didnt want to be king and that part annoyed me (even when he was King of the North at one point)

I think with regard to Jon having a right or not of taking a person's life - well the whole show was about taking people's lives lol. We could literally apply that to everyone who was killed in the show (whether there was a right or not)...I just feel like even if a raven could be sent to Bran - what would he have been able to do? The future was going to play out as it did...Bran I believe saw the whole thing play out but I dont think he could change any events (well other than Hodor) but yeah....I felt that Jon needed to do what he did, kill Danny - that part of the ending at least satisfied me

I agree Bran was not used enough at all! Thats why for him to be king was just, I dont know - like sipping a bland cup of tea?
I'm laughing at everything you said. Even when Jon stabbed Dany, I wasn't shocked, surprised or saddened. I did feel bad for Drogon. He'll die out soon enough and I'm sure Jon is going to eventually hook up with a wildling. How would anyone know and even if they did, why would they care.

I totally wasn't aware Bran would be king. I mean he wasn't even on my radar.

Everyone made a big joke about letting everyone decide who they wanted as their ruler. Why was that part so funny to everyone? It made sense actually, but it got shot down.
I was surprised Jon Arryn was there though. He is still a pup.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2019, 04:16:32 AM »
The opening with Danny and the Dragon behind her was an awesome shot...
Oh, I totally agree on this part. With the dragon behind her, it looked like she had the wings. Way cool!!

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2019, 04:25:25 AM »

I'm laughing at everything you said. Even when Jon stabbed Dany, I wasn't shocked, surprised or saddened. I did feel bad for Drogon. He'll die out soon enough and I'm sure Jon is going to eventually hook up with a wildling. How would anyone know and even if they did, why would they care.

I totally wasn't aware Bran would be king. I mean he wasn't even on my radar.

Everyone made a big joke about letting everyone decide who they wanted as their ruler. Why was that part so funny to everyone? It made sense actually, but it got shot down.
I was surprised Jon Arryn was there though. He is still a pup.

Jon Arryn was too cute tho! Glad to see him

As for voting for King it was funny because ppl don’t vote for a King lol - and who would be the candidates and how would they tally all the votes lol (well i guess we (the United States) did it back in the day without technology too huh)lol

Right Jon will hook up with a Wildling and no one would care - this is why i have an issue - he was such a noble person, had the right to be king just for him to go off and nestle in the woods just made me cringe

anything