Author Topic: Game of Thrones (GoT)  (Read 20848 times)

Offline Sparkle002

Re: Game of Thrones (GoT)
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2019, 03:04:47 PM »
I kept thinking the zombie battle was a failure to some degree, even though the Night King was defeated.
1) The Red Witch just walking off to die...what was up with that shit? She did her part so just lie down and die? Fail!

2) You mean to tell me none of those White Walkers on horseback thought to bumrush Arya before she got as close as she did to the Night King? They did hear her come up and all they did (one walker) was to cock its head to the side. Huh??

3) What everyone knew about wildfire and how destructive it is... would that not had been a good idea instead of just plain ole fire? That shit is off the chain flammable. They could have soaked those round balls with it before catapulting the zombies.

4) I listened to the after talks of the show between the creators: David Benioff and D. B. Weiss and some of the bs they mention is just weak. They are clearly just tired at this point.

Just my thoughts.

I haven't read any articles yet, but will do so once I get to work.

For #2 remember Arya is “no one” and she changes her faces - she appeared as a white walker to defeat the night king. Also an Easter egg in Season 3 with Mesilindre mentioned she would kill brown eyes, blue eyes and green eyes - blue eyes referred to the night king

I thought the episode was bomb. For Mesilendre her work was done (her purpose) she was there for Azor Ahai the entire time so when the defeat happened i wasn’t surprised by her death
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:07:36 PM by Sparkle002 »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2019, 07:22:26 PM »
I know. I wanted to see every little thing and the swing of an ax, during close up fighting scenes, but I guess that wasn't going to happen. It was over the top dark.
I understand the conditions during the battle, but it's only so bright I can adjust my screen.

Too dark, cloudy, smoky, hazy, whatever... was just wrong.

Offline happyk

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2019, 07:42:42 PM »
They make it dark to make the CGI not too obvious. I was so agitated because of the darkness.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2019, 07:47:39 PM »
I'm not sure about that considering the only thing totally CGI is the dragons and we've seen them in the light. CGI is used for some of the zombies, but that is mainly the green screen.

Here is a great article about it and all the shortcomings from the third episode: https://news.yahoo.com/apos-game-thrones-apos-recap-030718056.html
The author mentions the lighting was bad to hide some of the bad writing.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2019, 07:57:52 PM »
In reading the blogs - they warned to turn the settings/brightness up on your TVs (especially if they aren’t in 4K)...I saw everything just fine. :)

Offline naturegirl

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2019, 02:52:03 AM »
Well that sucked. I was so stoked about Jaime and Brienne for a hot minute. Thank God she doesn't live in this century or she'd be about to spend all her damn silvers ringing up psychics to find out if he's coming back and when Cersei is going to be out of the picture. And Masandie, ugh. What a heart wrencher that was. The dragon, ugh. And effing Sansa and her big effing mouth. Sheesh. And poor Gendry. And the sad goodbyes. All of it just sucked. The best part of the episode was the look on Dany's face at the end - I hope Cersei fries!!!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2019, 03:13:38 AM »
I use to love this show until now.
The killing of exotic animals, the pity fuck of the century and Missandei’s death. I had a feeling she was going to say something similar to burn the city to the ground. Was the killing of the wounded dragon necessary. I screamed oh shit when I saw that. So unexpected.  I hate Jamie since he still loves Cersai and doesn’t nor has he ever given much of a F! about Brienne. That pity fuck was just to help her out since everyone always pity a virgin.

Oh I never got the feeling Arya loved Gendry even. She just didn't want to be a virgin anymore. I supposed any ole dick would do.

I also hate knowing that Jon has more claim to the throne, considering all his big mouth family, is pretty much going to F! up Dani’s claim. So she and Jon are already moving apart.
I don't see how she can burn the city down without risking her last Dragon.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2019, 03:52:27 AM »
Maybe I’m weird but I still love this show.

It’s known for the shock value and never goes the way we think. I’m glad Sansa said something about Jon’s (Aegon) claim to the throne. It makes it more interesting to see what happens...like the golden company...will they turn on Cercei since they are Targaryen basterds and side with Aegon and Danny....The dragon...that was definitely shock value! So it makes it more interesting how the North will beat Cercei...not surprised by Jaime...he’s like a typical man sheesh

Oh and i love the Varys and Tyrion debate on who should take the throne...makes it more interesting!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 03:57:44 AM by Sparkle002 »

Offline naturegirl

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2019, 04:07:35 AM »
Oh yes, I still love the show too. It's absolutely amazing. It was just a hard episode. It's like you know with this show that bad stuff is gonna happen and you try to prepare yourself and not hope for the fairy tale ending that you KNOW isn't gonna happen, but it still just sucks. That's probably why it's so good. I remember watching the Red Wedding and I had read the books and Rob's wife wasn't even there (he had left her at River Run), and the show was so much more shocking and explicit and moving. It really is the best show ever! I don't even know know what I'm gonna do when it's over. I've been obsessed for so long that it's gonna be weird.

Offline happyk

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2019, 04:43:55 AM »
Now the only thing that will make me feel better is if Jon becomes the King.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2019, 07:35:01 PM »
Have you seen articles about the Starbucks cup?
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/em-game-thrones-em-accidentally-160824419.html

Offline naturegirl

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2019, 07:31:43 AM »
Yeah. So funny. Starbucks couldn't have paid for that kind of advertising! I watched again and saw it because I knew when/where to look, but how do people catch that stuff? Do they dissect every frame or what? Anyway, can't wait for Sunday!!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2019, 05:05:01 PM »
Yeah. So funny. Starbucks couldn't have paid for that kind of advertising! I watched again and saw it because I knew when/where to look, but how do people catch that stuff? Do they dissect every frame or what? Anyway, can't wait for Sunday!!
I know that was what I was thinking. I never caught it the first time. I don't sit there and look at the mugs they are drinking out of. I watch the characters face to see what emotions are playing across it. I wasn't sure how Dani was feeling about Jon and I was looking for clues. Even watching it a second time, I doubt I would have seen it. Someone did record the clip in the link I provided and I know exactly where that is. Apparently the DVD set will have the cup removed.

Offline PinkyD

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2019, 05:15:42 PM »
Omg so this sounds wild, but i just read this new fan theory that Dany is gonna kill Arya 👀 Check it out :

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9035297/game-of-thrones-arya-stark-killed-daenerys-twist-fan-theory/

Do you think Arya's gonna die? 😖

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2019, 04:24:58 AM »
I totally thought Arya was a goner many times during this episode, but she lucked out....many times.
This was a brutal battle and very harsh.

I was very, very concerned for the dragon considering all those scorpions they had built and I'm glad Dany was successful, but man was she mad, no pissed.

In hindsight I don't believe it could have been any other way as she told Jon at the beginning of this episode, the people were never going to like her so they had to fear her.

I feel Tyrion is going to die because of his betrayal of freeing Jamie, plus all his many f! ups. The exchange between him and Jamie, the way Jamie was always in his corner was so effing touching.

Varys I was surprised by his execution. Was it because he was trying to talk everyone into selecting Jon? As smart as he is, that was the stupidest move ever!
Jamie and Cercei together in death were fitting. Jamie was dying anyway and Cercei's denial that her army wasn't going to fail, well that truly led to her death.

anything